Hello,

I've been having the following issues with some apps lately with my Bold 9900 (Rogers on a 6GB Super Plan):

1) Google Maps: after clicking Get Directions, it just keeps on searching and does nothing.
    2) BB Maps: does not show My Location on start-up, and the map is just blank.
    3) Shazam: after Listening, it goes to Sending and after a while it says network timed out.
    4) WordSearch: when I select 'Daily', I get error message saying Failed To Retrieve From Server.
    5) BB Travel: the weather and currency update is stuck at Oct 15th, and location does not get updated - it keeps telling me to check my internet connection.
    6) Facebook: after I click Login, it takes forever to access FB until I hit Cancel and quickly press Login again. Not a big deal but its a little annoying to do this everytime.

I have tried these apps with data services turned on, and then with wifi turned on, nothing helps. Called Rogers thrice, they don't have a clue.

Anyone experienced this? Any solution would be greatly appreciated. Browser, BBM, YouTube, Google Search are all working fine, haven't tried BB Traffic yet. Thanks.

Edit: BB Traffic just shows 'Connecting to server' and does nothing. BeWeather provides weather updates for LBS Location with 'cell location only' option, but no updates available for 'GPS only' option.
    Last edited by Technotronic; 10-28-12 at 11:07 PM.
    10-28-12 10:39 PM
    Not sure but might be Rogers' network. I was having app connection issues as well. My facebook would load text but none of the images. My TTC app worked with wifi but timed out using cellular connection. BB Protect wouldn't connect with either connection. Googlemaps wouldn't launch. I did a full wipe and reload of the O/S and that didn't solve it. Then this morning, everything started working again. I went to the Rogers store Sunday and they said Rogers was upgrading/updating their system.
    10-29-12 12:42 PM
    Hi rems, I think you're right, it seems to be a Rogers issue as all the apps are now working perfectly as of this morning.
    10-29-12 03:41 PM