I upgraded to 7.0.0.579 and run into an issue with Universal Search.

On a reboot, the Universal Search worked fine. After a while (e.g. a couple of hours), the Universal Search suddenly stopped returning any single result. On a reboot, it worked again. Does anyone has the same issue? Thanks.
    01-15-12 03:58 AM
    Homescreen � Options � launch by typing � universal search
    01-15-12 04:38 AM
    Homescreen � Options � launch by typing � universal search
    Thanks. But that's not the issue. I can launch the universal search but it doesn't return anything. It simply gets stuck with the green spinner icon and no search result will be return (The search should return something).

The issue was solved by a reboot and it will happen again after a while.
    01-15-12 04:46 AM
    As a quick update, I've tried fallen back to 7.0.0.261 but run into the same issue. It doesn't seem it's related to the OS version. Somehow, the universal search will stop working after working for a while and requires a reboot.
    01-16-12 09:14 PM
    I guess you haven't this issue before you went updating to a newer OS?
    Did you tried it with a clean wipe & a clean OS reload?
    If I remember, actually I had this issue before the upgrade. But it was much rarer and now it's rather frequent (up to a few times a day).

I hesitate to perform a clean wipe, as I'm afraid the issue may happen again very soon. I would like to know if anyone has the same experience and if there's any workaround or method to prevent it.

Thank you!
    01-17-12 12:23 AM
    did you ever find a resolution? I'm having the same issue.
    02-03-12 11:05 PM
    Is it possible it is a 3rd party app conflict?
    02-04-12 12:53 AM
    did you ever find a resolution? I'm having the same issue.
    Since I've fallen back to 7.0.0.261, the same issue has occurred only once. I don't think I would upgrade again until an official 7.1 comes with my carrier.

Thanks.
    02-04-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD