Go figure... Who knew all it would take to get some release dates for new BlackBerrys on Sprint was for me to go and upgrade to an 9670 Style. Well coming from an Evo 4G it may be considered a downgrade by many, but I've grown weary of the size of the Evo and lack of physical keyboard and poor battery life drove me nuts and pushed me to getting the Style. I guess I've become so used to my Curve 3G workphone that I'm actually more comfortable with BB OS and keyboard.

Its just find it ironic that no more than an hour after purchase of the Style that I see the blog post about the new BlackBerrys due out by Aug 21st.

Oh well I have a 30 day return period if they do in fact get released by that date.
    Although I do like the Style and the clamshell form factor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 12:24 AM
    If you did a little research before buying then you would have seen leaked forms online.
    I didn't buy a tour because I read 2 days before it came out that the "essex" aka bold would be dropping in aprox 9 months so I held off and now have a way better phone than the tour. Lol

I think that's why they always say buyer beware!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-25-11 12:33 AM
    I went with the Style in December, 2fer1 special, and knew better was coming. I'm set to roll until the BlackBerry Bold Touch has been settled in a bit, then I can upgrade because my wife wants this device. It does so much better than her Tour, especially in the signal department.

I'd like to jump right on it, but I'll move up as soon as it's practical for me. (wipes drool from chin)

07-25-11 12:47 AM
    Go figure... Who knew all it would take to get some release dates for new BlackBerrys on Sprint was for me to go and upgrade to an 9670 Style. Well coming from an Evo 4G it may be considered a downgrade by many, but I've grown weary of the size of the Evo and lack of physical keyboard and poor battery life drove me nuts and pushed me to getting the Style. I guess I've become so used to my Curve 3G workphone that I'm actually more comfortable with BB OS and keyboard.

Its just find it ironic that no more than an hour after purchase of the Style that I see the blog post about the new BlackBerrys due out by Aug 21st.

Oh well I have a 30 day return period if they do in fact get released by that date.
    Although I do like the Style and the clamshell form factor

Hands down the fugliest blackberry ever.
    07-25-11 10:28 AM
    Hands down the fugliest blackberry ever.
    Fugly is certainly in the eyes of the beholder. If the style were to be offered with a touch screen and the new OS7 hardware specs, I'd be all over it.

07-25-11 10:32 AM
    Fugly is certainly in the eyes of the beholder. If the style were to be offered with a touch screen and the new OS7 hardware specs, I'd be all over it.

If the Style came in GSM I would've been all over it long ago.
    07-25-11 05:53 PM
    I got screwed the same way with my Tour and the Bold. Still love my Tour though, so no worries here.
    07-25-11 06:14 PM
    I would return it and get the Bold but that's just me
    07-25-11 06:34 PM
    It came out over my 30 days so I was stuck.
    07-25-11 06:41 PM
    Well I might just tke it back for the new Bold. I really like the Style, it feels well balanced in the hand while on the handset and typing. However the OS/Phone seems really quirky. Lots of delays and pauses. Bluetooth seems to have problems turning on without having to restart it. Phone just shut down while previously typing this comment. Screen turned black with the small clock in the center then just restarted, not sure WTF all that was about. Starting to not care for the phone at this point, seems very glitchy. I have a Curve 3G for work and I have no issues with it.

07-25-11 10:04 PM
    I purchased a BB Style for my wife as a replacement for her aged BB Pearl. It's a solid phone and she likes it but I can't stand the clam-shell design.
    07-25-11 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD