08-24-11 01:38 PM
79 1234
tools
    I agree katla. All the apps are great at first but wear out fast. I'm really thinking I'm gonna go pick up the phone today and atleast give it a trial run. Won't sell my iPhone just yet lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Games and fart apps aside.. productivity apps on the iPhone mostly work better than on the BB. Just take Evernote for example. There are many more apps to illustrate my point but I they'll be taken seriously on these boards since it's apparent that BB users don't use much apps.
    08-19-11 12:14 PM
    He does have a point. Apps on iPhone seem to be more in depth. Take mapquest for starters. Turn by turn voice on iPhone bit not on bb if I'm not mistaken

08-19-11 12:51 PM
    He does have a point. Apps on iPhone seem to be more in depth. Take mapquest for starters. Turn by turn voice on iPhone bit not on bb if I'm not mistaken

iOS apps will continue to be more visually rich than blackberry OS apps. The reason for this being is bberry apps have a cap of 7mb and it will be very difficult to emulate iOS apps with this kind of limitation.
    08-19-11 01:25 PM
    Hmm that is a good point. Never thought of it that way. So can others comment on the switch? Are u guys happy ?

08-19-11 01:34 PM
    Curious to know CX which phone you are currently using?
    I'm using a 9900 & iPhone 4.
    08-19-11 02:44 PM
    I am selling i4...have my 9780 until the att get s the 9900. Main reason is the email sucks on i4 if you send and receive large pdf.s So slow, hangs up and sucks compared to email on the bberry.

Now that i can pinch to zoom in on my 9900 to read pdf's - Buh bye apple and your locked down os with no customization...and your annoying sms pop ups in my face 24/7
    08-19-11 02:56 PM
    Sold my iPhone 4 this morning and picked up my 9900. Gez this thing is NICE!!

Realllly fast and im like 100 times quicker than typing on the iPhone
    08-19-11 02:57 PM
    NNo doubt the iphone has some awesome apps but there is a lot of redundancy and crap and clutter. I liked it a lot for games but they are expensive(not saying rims are cheap mind you) but I'd rather game on my laptop or ps3. Then add the fact the ipad/ipod is the same thing but different sizes and it gets boring. The playbook looks so nice and blackberry bridge is truly genius, really shows me RIM gives a damn about their fanbase. I love all the whiney threads about battery life and stupid stuff, my battery has dominated let it drain completely leave facebook twitter and slacker on all day and its still got juice and very very snappy. And yes the keyboard stomps on everything including iphone and wp7 virtual keyboards which I do enjoy thoroughly. The phone is so RIM yet so unlike them at the same time I love it.

08-19-11 03:35 PM
    I had the iPhone 4 for almost a year but kept going back and forth between it and Blackberry. Finally sold my i4 a few weeks ago. I hardly downloaded apps and such. i was big on web browsing so I enjoyed the i4 for that. Since i got a Playbook the other month i hardly touched my i4. Playbook stays at home for multimedia and now with the 9900 the browser is great. Screen is a little small but a massive improvement from OS 6 browsing. Love the 9900
    08-19-11 03:36 PM
    If I was an iphone user I would switch back!

I'm using a 9900 & iPhone 4.
    That he can tell us about! lol
    08-19-11 03:37 PM
    Switched from i4 and switched back. Shipped it backvto vzw today. My corporate email works great on iPhone and my heavily used apps aren't available on bb7. Don't need a 500.00 phone just for the keyboard. I can't downgrade mycscreen size now it turns out didn't realize that til I tried browsing on the 9930. Love the phone but I expect more now days.. Check out qnx next year. If your switching from i4 I'd at least wait til io5 goes live to see it's changes a lot coming. Or wait til qnx comes next year.
    zeteo likes this.
    08-19-11 04:47 PM
    I agree katla. All the apps are great at first but wear out fast. I'm really thinking I'm gonna go pick up the phone today and atleast give it a trial run. Won't sell my iPhone just yet lol

On a Droid right now, but same thing regarding the apps. I went hog-wild on apps at first on Android, but realize that the only 3rd party apps I use these days are FB, AmazonMP3, MLB At Bat, Dropbox, Evernote and youtube, all of which are just fine on BB. Just ordered my 9930 for delivery tomorrow!
    08-19-11 04:53 PM
    Whenever you advertise "There is an app for that" and there really isn't. Not to mention sometimes their notifications rarely work. So for me the Iphone was a horrible pick. Might work for others but, not me and never again.
    What app did you want that you couldn't find in the apple app store? They literally have everything. And have you seen the video that shows you everything about the new ios5, the notification are 10000x better than what it is at now and not to mention how much faster its going to be now that its going to have the ipad2 chip inside of it.

08-19-11 05:03 PM
    I am switching because after I stumbled on a review for the 9900, it dawned on me I use my iPhone as a phone and an email and texting device and I never use video games so why not get a device that does what I need well? I've installed apps that help with a current issue (like the disneyland map and wait times app), but off the top of my head I can't think of a single app I use all the time. I use it once, then forget about it.

And the bigger screen is nice but I take my iPad everywhere so it is my mobile web browser now.

The iPhone was fun, but really took away from banging out lengthy emails or texts and the phone call quality was only fair to middlin'...too many lock ups when trying to answer to hang up a phone call when a text comes through or some other notification intrudes on the screen.

After about 2 years with the touch screen I still can't come even close to the typing speed I had with the 7250 I used to use.

The huge battery life, plus zipped and encrypted traffic only adds to the value of a BB over an IP.

Finally, it was the little things I miss, like the indicator light, the ability to have an ultra customized ring/notification profile, tethering, and the email client.

Also, I hope the 9900 still has this feature I remember from the 7250: when you use a lock code, once the phone is "sleeping," you can just press the first digit of the code, the phone starts up, and the number is inputted and ready for the balance of the code. With the IP, you have to click one of the physical keys to unsleep, swipe the lock thing to unlock, then tap in the code with both hands. It is a little thing but it shows advanced refinement while still achieving what you want to accomplish.

Any hoo...that's my story.
    08-19-11 05:18 PM
    Switched from i4 and switched back. Shipped it backvto vzw today. My corporate email works great on iPhone and my heavily used apps aren't available on bb7. Don't need a 500.00 phone just for the keyboard. I can't downgrade mycscreen size now it turns out didn't realize that til I tried browsing on the 9930. Love the phone but I expect more now days.. Check out qnx next year. If your switching from i4 I'd at least wait til io5 goes live to see it's changes a lot coming. Or wait til qnx comes next year.
    Thanks for saving me all the typing! Same here!
    08-19-11 05:56 PM
    im on the fence with this. i got an iphone 4 and have no complaints.i guess im over the iphone craze and the touch phone. but for some reason miss parts from the blackberry( ie...keyboard, led light, amongst little things) everyone is telling me its a bad move, even verizon employees lol. have had 3 previous bbs, storm, storm 2 and bold 9650. the internet was garbage and phone was slow. but it seems that they have rectified these issues for the most part. i played with it in store yesterday and was very impressesd. the iphone seems superior in apps without a doubt, but how long does anyone really keep an app? im no more than 2 weeks except for my bill pay apps and what not. any feedback would be great. thanks guys

I am with you on this one.
    I have had several blackberries, only to wander. Then come back.
    Just left IP4, great phone. Will not bash it at all. Great device for what it is.
    I email alot, notes, calendar and basically communications. That isn't what the IP4 is. It is A MULTIPURPOSE MEDIA PHONE! Again, great device! But for what I need (Messaging), BB wins.
    I have the Bold Touch 9930. Had it for a whole day so far, and I am impressed. Not only is it fast in everything it does, from boot ups to reboot after installing new apps, to internet. Can't complain once about it.
    I sold my IP4 already and now I will stick with this. Battery hasn't been bad at all. Lasted a whole day plus already and going to cycle it soon.

Keep the faith, don't think you will regret it. And the keyboard rocks!
    Fast, efficient, effortless. Love it!

Hope this helps
    08-19-11 09:27 PM
    I ordered my 9930 and am going to sell my iPhone 4...I'm not going to bash it...but I need a phone for communication more than I do apps.
    08-19-11 09:55 PM
    I'm just in the process of selling my ip4 on the bay, I'm liking the 9900 so far, but i don't know if i'm converted. For messaging this device rocks, the keyboard is sweet and typing out the long emails is just so much better, was expecting better battery life though..... got bored of charging the ip4 everyday so thought BB would be 2-3 days LOL - still charging everyday! and the lack of apps - WOW, I mean just about every person I know has tons of apps on there ip4, and most if were honest we never use most of them....But for me there are 4-5 apps which I used alot and there not on BB.

In short it's a good time for me to get the 9900, cos I can get good money for the ip4 (before the ip5 hits the shops) BUT, i don't think this BB will stop me buying the new apple offering once it come out.
    08-20-11 03:54 AM
    I was an iPhone 4 user but switchd back to my 9700 and have been using the micro sim in the 9700 (I've found a way for it to fit right and work). My question is, if I get a 9900 from a canadian seller on ebay and unlock it will my microsim work in the 9900 or should I go to ATT and get a standard sim before I get the phone?
    08-20-11 05:39 AM
    I think I just converted a relative of mine! haha.

He had a Bold 9700, but it just got too slow for him and he reluctantly went to the iPhone4. He liked it, but didn't really care about apps and crap, just wanted a phone for work.

Showed him my 9930 tonight, asked if it had a few special work-related apps and will be getting the 9900 when it hits AT&T!
    08-20-11 05:43 AM
    I was an iPhone 4 user but switchd back to my 9700 and have been using the micro sim in the 9700 (I've found a way for it to fit right and work). My question is, if I get a 9900 from a canadian seller on ebay and unlock it will my microsim work in the 9900 or should I go to ATT and get a standard sim before I get the phone?
    I am using a micro-sim in my 9900, I have the sim in an adaptor that I bought on ebay.
    08-20-11 05:48 AM
    Just left IP4, great phone. Will not bash it at all. Great device for what it is.
    I email alot, notes, calendar and basically communications. That isn't what the IP4 is. It is A MULTIPURPOSE MEDIA PHONE! Again, great device! But for what I need (Messaging), BB wins.
    I have the Bold Touch 9930. Had it for a whole day so far, and I am impressed. Not only is it fast in everything it does, from boot ups to reboot after installing new apps, to internet. Can't complain once about it.
    I sold my IP4 already and now I will stick with this. Battery hasn't been bad at all. Lasted a whole day plus already and going to cycle it soon.

Hope this helps

08-20-11 07:06 AM

Hope this helps
    Thanks man. It really did help I think I'll pick it up and worst case scenario I return it before the 14 days All I have to lose is the restocking fee. I'm a creature of habit that's why I think I'm on the fence. But once I make the jump I'm sure it will be fine.

08-20-11 07:09 AM
    I too just got rid of my Iphone4.. Great if you like games and silly apps.. I missed my email and notifications and the feel of the BB.. New 9930 on the way as we speak!!
    Great if u like silly games? I'm sorry this whole iPhone is only for games crap is getting old. Don't download them! Of course with anyapp store being the size of apples there is gonna be a ton of choices and yes good as well as silly. Something for everyone that what makes a app store great. If blackberry ever gets there app store off the ground it will have silly games to my friend. Apps are what drive the business now I have a ton of used daily apps to make my job productive and my phone handles my Corp email fine. So for a blinky light and email and a qwerty keyboard on a tiny screen no I opted not to keep my 9930.
    08-20-11 07:17 AM
    That's a good move on your part...I came from the iPhone 4 as well and would switch from that and my bb torch, I found that I spent a lot more time with the Torch because I needed a phone more than a media device.

The ip4 is an amazing media tool as well as business tool for some people who know how to use it properly, i used some of the apps to make me more proficient at tasks while running my business. But now I just use it for messing around with apps (it's jailbroken) And forum browsing. I'm going to be selling it and either getting the iPad 2 or the playbook for all this forum stuff. Since buying the 9900 I no longer need another "phone"
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 08-20-11 at 07:34 AM.
    08-20-11 07:25 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD