I am currently a ip4 user on iso5, use to be a BB user about 8 months ago and I can honestly say I am on the fence. Both phones have some great features and I just can't make up my mind. The ip4 is great with apps and the new notification bar in iso5 is quite good however I hate the keyboard I just can't get use to it.

I really miss the BB especially the keyboard I can type 3 times faster on a BB. I'm waiting for the 9900 and ip5 to get released before I decide.
    08-18-11 05:18 AM
    I ditched my iphone 4.a month before the new phones launched. I had been on an iphone for 3 years now and the iphone 4 just pissed me off in regards to low signal and dropped calls in my house and work. The web browser was awesome and tiny wings but the 9900 browser is just as fast and the phone is super quick. i posted somenpics that i took and am more then happy with them.

So far its a win for me back in BB and being a bes admin its got me more interested in tweaking it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Interesting you mention the reception with the i4. I love the phone but I'm with Telus and the signal strength just doesn't seem that great. Ive heard the 9900 and BB's in general have great call quality and that's of course important considering it's the only phone that I use.

So your much happier with the 9900 then in terms of call quality/strength etc?
    08-18-11 07:01 AM
    iOS5 has a brand new notification system which actually looks pretty good for once...all of your notifications are consolidated on a notification screen which you can slide down from any other screen, plus they're always there on your lock screen. And you just swipe across from any notification to launch the app it comes from. It's actually making me consider the iPhone 5, since notifications were the main reason I took my iPhone 4 back. If the iPhone 5 has a notification LED I am almost sold.

Also, I think iOS5 comes with its own messaging system to rival BBM.
    I was running iOS 5 beta on my iphone and iMessage felt like being bombarded by text messages. As of now you cant choose how the phone vibrates and/or for how long. Since all messages go to the text app, the notifications are the same for both. The iphone is a beautiful and more than capable device however, to me, it doesnt feel like a phone you know.

I still think bbm is the cheese!
    Last edited by dcgore; 08-18-11 at 07:12 AM.
    08-18-11 07:10 AM
    I used to bounce back and forth from my ip4 to my Torch. But since purchasing the 9900 I finally feel that there's balance.

My iphone just made the emails "look" better rendering full html but the bb handled them better. The iphone virtual keypad is not that bad once you get used to it but typing on the Bold....I'm mean nothing even comes close.

I know now looking back in hinds sight the only things I switched back to the ip for was the browser and some of the apps. But now the browser is excellent on the bb and coupled with amazing reception! I don't see myself having the need to flip flop anymore.

Signed,

A VERY satisfied customer.
    08-18-11 07:16 AM
    My $.02.

My work just bought an i-phone for me for work use. I have been using a 9650 for quite a while (after a brief flirtation with Android and the droid X) and I truly feel that the keyboard is very important for texting. I must say though, turning the iphone 4 to landscape, I can bang out emails pretty quickly - kudos to apple for making a decent touchscreen keyboard. I must say though, to echo a few here, I hate Apple's notifications (or lack thereof) and the fact that the OS is so locked down. I don't want to jailbreak the phone (it is a work phone). On the other hand, it is very convenient for browsing and directions (google maps). I actually look forward to carrying both devices to see the strengths and weaknesses of both.

I just ordered the 9930 (should be getting it tomorrow) for my personal phone and am looking forward to the touch screen addition to the world's best keyboard. I text a ton on BBM with family, and cannot imagine life without it.
    08-18-11 07:30 AM
    I switched from the iphone to the 9930 and dont have any regrets at all, I think where people are having problems at is you cant compare these two devices to each other, they are two different beast. If you come into the Blackberry9930 trying to compare it to the iphone 4 the blackerry will fail you. everyone knows the apps store has more more apps than BB apps store. with that being said, come into BB with a open mind and you will love it and not have any problems at all, if you come into BB comparing it to the iphone it will fail you from the start. just my 2 cents.
    08-18-11 09:17 AM
    I'm torn on the 9900. I switched from being a BB user in 2006 and onwards to Iphone 3G in 2009, then back to BB for the torch. My torch has been ok, but it's a slow, heavy, fairly crappy phone after a year of use. I don't think I can ever function without a physical keyboard again, but my wife has an Iphone 4, and it's pretty amazing. If the Iphone 5 comes with a dedicated LED for notifications, then it's going to be a tough choice.
    08-18-11 10:18 AM
    Alright, I made the switch to the BB 9930 from the iPhone 4 as well, but I'm sending back the BB today I really wanted to like the phone, but it just wasn't for me. The main reason I got it was because I missed the keyboard, but after a day of use I found that I missed all my apps on my iPhone that I just couldn't get on the BB. The battery life is also better on my iPhone Maybe when the QNX (?) phones come out next year, I'll try them out, but for now it's back to my iPhone.
    08-18-11 10:28 AM
    Alright, I made the switch to the BB 9930 from the iPhone 4 as well, but I'm sending back the BB today I really wanted to like the phone, but it just wasn't for me. The main reason I got it was because I missed the keyboard, but after a day of use I found that I missed all my apps on my iPhone that I just couldn't get on the BB. The battery life is also better on my iPhone Maybe when the QNX (?) phones come out next year, I'll try them out, but for now it's back to my iPhone.
    If this is your first BB you may be making a premature decision. Give it a few more days, at least the weekend to get used to it. Now if you truly need your apps and absolutely can't live without them, send that sucker back right now cause you will never be happy with a BB and I would hate to read multiple posts from you complaining about the lack of apps knowing very well it is beyond everyones control.
    soogriff and willtothewong like this.
    08-18-11 10:44 AM
    I have an iPhone4 that is wonderful for watching Netflix, listening to music, etc. Basically, a lot of time killer stuff, the iPhone was great for. But I'm back to my Torch because I needed my phone to work in areas with weaker reception. The BB delivers out in BFE where my parents live. I missed the keyboard. I like the clack sound when I'm typing a message. I'm all about feedback. I can't wait for the 9900!
    southlander likes this.
    08-18-11 10:53 AM
    What I miss most about the iPhone is the IMAP email support. Where you can look at all of you email folders and store new emails in either one of them. Not sure what it is called but the Samsung Galaxy 2 AND the iPhone 4 did this very well!

Wish today's Blackberrys did the same but that is one thing that will have to wait for QNX.
    jebulls likes this.
    08-18-11 10:59 AM
    If this is your first BB you may be making a premature decision. Give it a few more days, at least the weekend to get used to it. Now if you truly need your apps and absolutely can't live without them, send that sucker back right now cause you will never be happy with a BB and I would hate to read multiple posts from you complaining about the lack of apps knowing very well it is beyond everyones control.
    No, actually this is not my first BB, I had the original Curve 8330 and I also had the Storm 9530. Yes, this phone is 100 X's better than both of those phones, I just found that the BB just didn't suit my needs anymore. That's all.
    08-18-11 11:15 AM
    Me and my girlfriend are on the fence. First she isnt really super into phones but more interested in changing from AT&T to Sprint. She has Iphone now due for upgrade when 5 comes out and I suggested to look at the 9900. She liked it but Im worried she will really miss the apps, browser on 9900 is going to be slower than the 5 and its only 3g. I need a phone like now (my evo broke) but after trying the bb PB and switching from my 1st gen iphone with no problems for 4ys to a Evo that lasted 8 months thinking I may have taken apples reliability and customer service for granted. Other than the 9900 also entertaining the SG2. One major plus is that the 9900 is already out where Im guessing the SG2 coming at end of month not sure if I can hold off till the Iphone 5 cause there is no release date.
    08-18-11 11:20 AM
    My girlfriend has iPhone. I am on BlackBerry.
    To be honest, 5 months ago I was going to switch to iPhone after my GF was teasing me with my slow phone, but now after getting my 9900, I know that I will never switch to iPhone or Android for that matter.

RIM has done a good job and is definitely catching up.

Just can't think of writing email and SMS using anything else than the superior 9900 keypad.
    08-18-11 11:35 AM
    What I miss most about the iPhone is the IMAP email support. Where you can look at all of you email folders and store new emails in either one of them. Not sure what it is called but the Samsung Galaxy 2 AND the iPhone 4 did this very well!

Wish today's Blackberrys did the same but that is one thing that will have to wait for QNX.
    ^^^^This exactly is what annoys me! I mean BB does email great but you can't view email folders and store new emails in them. This is something I really would like to have!
    08-18-11 12:53 PM
    im on the fence with this. i got an iphone 4 and have no complaints.i guess im over the iphone craze and the touch phone. but for some reason miss parts from the blackberry( ie...keyboard, led light, amongst little things) everyone is telling me its a bad move, even verizon employees lol. have had 3 previous bbs, storm, storm 2 and bold 9650. the internet was garbage and phone was slow. but it seems that they have rectified these issues for the most part. i played with it in store yesterday and was very impressesd. the iphone seems superior in apps without a doubt, but how long does anyone really keep an app? im no more than 2 weeks except for my bill pay apps and what not. any feedback would be great. thanks guys
    08-19-11 10:09 AM
    iOS5 has a brand new notification system which actually looks pretty good for once...all of your notifications are consolidated on a notification screen which you can slide down from any other screen, plus they're always there on your lock screen. And you just swipe across from any notification to launch the app it comes from. It's actually making me consider the iPhone 5, since notifications were the main reason I took my iPhone 4 back. If the iPhone 5 has a notification LED I am almost sold.

Also, I think iOS5 comes with its own messaging system to rival BBM.
    I have the bets 5 on my IP4. its nice but still not as good as BB. Thats why its in ebay
    08-19-11 10:17 AM
    i thought BB should have good battery life? A few of you reported the ip4 have better batt life than 9900? I am sicked of my 3gs being dead half day
    BB's do in general have great battery life. This one is on the lesser side. The IP4 has fantastic battery life ( mine did) so comparing to it is a feat in itself i think.
    08-19-11 10:28 AM
    I think the iPhone 4 gets better battery life. Not by a whole bunch though. I think after a few new firmware revisions the 9900/30 will catch up and eventually take the lead by a little bit.
    Curious to know CX which phone you are currently using?
    08-19-11 10:35 AM
    Ive had every OS and been on every carrier minus Tmobile and USCellular and I just gave up a VZW Iphone 4 to get the 9930. I have used the curve 8530 about 4 times, style,bold, a ton of android phones and the Iphone 4 on both ATT and VZW and I am in love with the 9930. It is amazing, the speed is so unlike RIM yet it does the awesome email and notifications. The iphone 4 is great but gaming seriously gets a little old, I have a PS3 and a 360 for that. The browser is FINALLY nice and flies for me. The VZW iphone left me disappointed it was slower than the GSM and really just didnt do much for me(I went through a year with a iphone 3g and I was just done with it). The 9930 obviously needs more apps but I get everything I need done, and i dont know about people complaining about battery life mine is as good as any other Blackberry even with touchscreen and a small battery. I am really impressed overall, I knew I would love it from when I first saw the specs and Crackberry videos. Get the apps out RIM and you got a winner!
    08-19-11 10:47 AM
    Ive had every OS and been on every carrier minus Tmobile and USCellular and I just gave up a VZW Iphone 4 to get the 9930. I have used the curve 8530 about 4 times, style,bold, a ton of android phones and the Iphone 4 on both ATT and VZW and I am in love with the 9930. It is amazing, the speed is so unlike RIM yet it does the awesome email and notifications. The iphone 4 is great but gaming seriously gets a little old, I have a PS3 and a 360 for that. The browser is FINALLY nice and flies for me. The VZW iphone left me disappointed it was slower than the GSM and really just didnt do much for me(I went through a year with a iphone 3g and I was just done with it). The 9930 obviously needs more apps but I get everything I need done, and i dont know about people complaining about battery life mine is as good as any other Blackberry even with touchscreen and a small battery. I am really impressed overall, I knew I would love it from when I first saw the specs and Crackberry videos. Get the apps out RIM and you got a winner!

08-19-11 10:55 AM
    ^^^^This exactly is what annoys me! I mean BB does email great but you can't view email folders and store new emails in them. This is something I really would like to have!
    Logicmail

08-19-11 10:57 AM
    Thanks for the feedback Chris . I have to agree with you. The 9930 os very impressive. I was surprised to see how snappy the device was. Very quick response time even with the browser. I have to agree with the app world being a big dissadvantage for rim. They really need to expand to compete with apple and android markets. I know many people on here have made the switch from ip4 but are they all totally satisfied?

08-19-11 10:59 AM
    I too just got rid of my Iphone4.. Great if you like games and silly apps.. I missed my email and notifications and the feel of the BB.. New 9930 on the way as we speak!!
    08-19-11 11:00 AM
    I agree katla. All the apps are great at first but wear out fast. I'm really thinking I'm gonna go pick up the phone today and atleast give it a trial run. Won't sell my iPhone just yet lol

08-19-11 11:08 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD