Alright, I really want to buy a BlackBerry Bold 9900 from eBay and be able to switch between the my iPhone 4S and the Bold. Is this possible with the iPhone Data Plan on AT&T?

Much appreciated,
    Evan.
    04-26-12 08:54 PM
    I do the same thing all the time between an iPhone 4S and a 9900, but i had to switch to a BB plan to work right. But no iPhone VVM when you do it.

R...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 09:01 PM
    No. The BlackBerry needs a BlackBerry data plan. I wonder if it would work the other way around, if you were to get the BlackBerry data plan for the Bold and swapped that SIM into the iphone?
    04-26-12 09:04 PM
    Don't BlackBerry and iPhone use different SIMON cards?
    04-26-12 09:32 PM
    Do you guys use an adaptor to go from iPhone to BlackBerry? I know the sim cards are different so I am curious.
    04-26-12 11:09 PM
    Alright, I really want to buy a BlackBerry Bold 9900 from eBay and be able to switch between the my iPhone 4S and the Bold. Is this possible with the iPhone Data Plan on AT&T?

Much appreciated,
    Evan.
    You can do this with a sim adapter (for the micro-sim size) and a blackberry "4G" data feature on your plan instead of the iPhone feature. (You can keep your grandfathered data plan of you have something special)

On the iPhone, turn on wifi and search for a website called unlockit. There you will install an apn changer for your carrier to let the iPhone work with the blackberry data plan. Click "install" once its generated, and you will have an apn icon on your iPhone desktop. Leave it alone and you're good. Let me know of you have any questions.

Sent from my SGSII/Note/BB9900 using Tapatalk 2/XDA Forum App
    SevendustG likes this.
    04-26-12 11:46 PM
    What if I was to buy an unlocked Bold 9900? Would that still make a difference on whether or not I need the BB Data Plan? If I do in fact need the blackberry data plan, then I will just have to suck it up and get it. I love my iPhone but I desperately miss my keyboard and great email service.
    04-27-12 05:57 PM
    No matter what, the blackberry needs the blackberry data plan. Even if its unlocked. If you have the data plan for the iphone, it should be the same price to switch it to a bb plan.
    04-27-12 09:39 PM
    You need to suck it up and get it the BIS even with an unlocked 9900.
    Otherwise say hi to call & text.
    04-27-12 09:44 PM
    i used to swap back and forth with my BB and a motorola atrix while on my BB data plan. the data is all the same, it just required the BB plan for it to register on BIS. data worked immediately and just fine when on my atrix, and immediately picked up BIS again once inserted back into my BB.

when i got my iphone, i swapped my sim card over from my BB but IIRC, data wasnt working on my iphone. i had to call them to switch to an actual iphone plan in order for it to work.

so to use an iphone or BB, you need those respective plans. but you can probably use an android phone on either one of those plans without an issue.

and SIM adapters can be found on amazon for cheap if you need to swap between a micro and regular SIM.
    04-28-12 02:18 AM
    Yup, you'll have to switch it to the BIS plan for it to work. No way around it either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    04-28-12 04:36 AM
    First off we all know iPhone data is not compressed so it uses more
    and blackberry data is compressed.

yes you need a BIS account

but, I have a switch on my account that allows me
    to go back and forth between data. Even though I
    have an iPhone Data plan. Its better to have the iPhone
    plan because it supports VVM, but at least on Rogers
    they have VVM for BlackBerry now too so

if you wanted to use a all BB plan, you would not be
    missing anything. But since I try and test everything
    I leave it this way.

the Switch has to be placed on your account from Tech Support
    to allow you to go back and forth between devices.

not all agents will understand you, so you have to talk to
    a experienced Tech Support Agent. I am sure AT&T could
    do it, but since I am not there .. not sure. It is possible
    with Rogers because I have it now and have had it for 5 years...
    04-28-12 08:01 AM
    I no longer use a SIM adapter in my 9900 after I ruined a 9800 when the adapter hung up. Now I just slide the micro SIM into the 9900 and friction hold it in place fine. As I mentioned earlier, as have others, you need to go to a BB BIS type plan for all this to work....

R...
    04-28-12 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD