Hi
    Very new to Blackberry after being with Apple since the iPhone 2G came out! Very early adopter some might say? I couldnt forward text message, no MMS capability (Hey, theres an app for that!!), in my mind Apple really f****d up, but I stuck with them. And how do they pay back loyalty? Keep reinventing the same old sh!!t.. Although they did address the whole MMS thing and ironed out bugs with new updates etc.
    Long and short of it is; Apple doesnt excite me anymore. People stick with them because Apple is seen to be cool
    My iPhone 4 has started playing up and a friend of mine very kindly offered to lend me a phone to keep me going until my contract expires in Feb. This is a Curve of some description (8900 I think). And I love it! Except for Thursday afternoon the ear piece speaker has ceased to work, so I have to have everyone on loudspeaker, not ideal. Anyway, Ive changed my tariff to a BB style one and Im very happy. So after having this Curve for a few weeks and now the speaker stopping working I have decided to keep going, take the plunge and go for the Bold 9900 on Vodafone (New phone and service provider).
    Very excited to be getting what seems to be (according to reviews) the best BB ever(?).
    My brother has just taken delivery of his new shiny 4S and all he said to me was "Meh" when I asked him what it was like? What is the point of relaunching the same old phone year after year? They give all the old users the new OS, which in my opinion slows older phones down, and now that Mr Jobs has passed away, what is to become of design, userbility etc? RIM seem to listen to what users want, and they seem to try new things, not all are going to be successful, but atleast they try new designs and they dont seem to be afraid to fail, hey we all learn by the mistakes we make in life, it only makes us better at what we do.
    All of the above is only my opinion and Im happy to call myself a proud Blackberry owner, and an even happier one by Tuesday when the Bold turns up
    Cheers
    Andy
    JR A and beantown85 like this.
    11-06-11 04:28 PM
    Congrats on the new 9900 and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Keeno77 likes this.
    11-06-11 04:32 PM
    Welcome to BB family! And, to answer your question, you are in fact getting the best BB out there...

I may be biased with that assumption, but whatever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Keeno77 likes this.
    11-06-11 04:33 PM
    Not necessarily a mistake ... sometimes you just need to find out what you don't like before you can find what you do. . It's still nice to hear from someone who appreciates what BB brings to the table, especially someone coming from another platform.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Keeno77 likes this.
    11-06-11 04:35 PM
    Welcome to BB friend.I just picked up my ATT Bold 9900 this morning when the store opened,Lovin' the size,feel,keyboard and speed comin from my Torch.My Torch is great too but this new Bold is the bees knees.
    11-06-11 05:24 PM
    I switched for work.. Can't say I really miss anything in paticular about the iphone.

For emails I LOVE the physical keyboard, and my new desk job and shorter commute means I don't need to browse the internet a lot. After a year and a half I had 63 songs on a 16gb iphone so I didn't use it for mutimedia. If that's your thing then you will miss it but otherwise you can't go wrong with a bb...

O yea, I can make phone calls in my house again. Hoooray.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JR A likes this.
    11-06-11 07:17 PM
    Congrats on the new BB. Although you are somewhat misinformed. RIM has been using the same design and OS for years (a lot longer than Apple). But it's always nice to hear from a new user.
    spark032207#WN likes this.
    11-06-11 07:48 PM
    Haha, I'm a lot like you. I was iPhone through and through from the 3G all the way to the 4, but then I started to get bored with the same stuff over and over again. It's not a phone... it's a pocket computer. I know all smartphones are, but Blackberry make handsets that first and foremost work as great phones and communication devices. After I swapped my iPad for a Playbook and my iPhone 4 for a Bold 9900, I haven't looked back. It's so great to have a whole new OS to discover and get to grips with. Loving bridging with my Playbook too, and although the wait for OS2 on the PB is a bit of a bummer, the general consensus is that it'll be well worth the wait and not something anyone wants to see rushed out half baked. All in? Super chuffed to be batting for team BB.
    JR A likes this.
    11-06-11 08:49 PM
    I'm very happy that you're happy with your BB, but some of the stuff you said is just... non-sesical to me. Mind you, I love BBs and have used them since I got the Pearl 5-6 years ago

What is the point of relaunching the same old phone year after year? They give all the old users the new OS which in my opinion slows older phones down, and now that Mr Jobs has passed away, what is to become of design, userbility etc?
    RIM has done the same thing numerous times. In fact, that was the biggest complaint before the 9900 came out. BB devices were stuck at the same mediocre specifications for the longest time.

RIM seem to listen to what users want, and they seem to try new things, not all are going to be successful, but atleast they try new designs and they dont seem to be afraid to fail, hey we all learn by the mistakes we make in life, it only makes us better at what we do.
    RIM listening to what users want? Just the PlayBook OS debacle alone shows how they do not really listen to their customers and do not keep their promise.

Not to mention that they are hardly an examplar of someone who learns from their mistakes, whether it is related to product launch or providing timely OS upgrades with the promised features.

Just saying. I still love my BB, but it is really the community who helps me out and the keyboard that keeps me to BBs.
    11-06-11 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD