For example I can't use my blackberry for a remote desktop connection to a windows server, I have not seen an app for blackberry to connect to a linux server via ssh, imagine viewing a pdf file in the tiny bold screen. Does the blackberry have an app for controling your apple tv, or tv set? A directv or dish app is available? Can you use another browser for the web? I can use a browser that uses a desktop rendering like internet explorer or firefox to view websites in normal version and not mobile version. Does blackberry has a skype app so that you can call to any place in the world using the internet? Is it possible to chat using video like facetime? What about a google voice app? Not even a gmail version is available for blackberry.

It could take me all day to explain why the iphone is light years ahead of any blackberry.
    Oh man, first of all, take the 9860, then I'll tell you your iphone screen is tiny.
    Also, yes, there are apps to control your satellite TV, we also have different browsers, skype has agreements with Verizon and others, so it's not all your iphone thing... Facetime, ouuu, Until everyone gets unlimited data, it's not so badass... I believe there is google voice, not sure about that one, but gmail works, it's just the app that lets you sort folders that almost nobody used and that's why they dropped support for it, BIS manages email so well we don't need an app.

Get your facts straight and go to tipb where no BlackBerry user will go waste their time to diss a screen with icons on it.

Thanks and go play with your toy.

Just wanted to add and build on my previous statement, we (CRACKBERRY community) won't go bash others as we are confident of our platform, but somehow, iphone and android users feel like they have the need to come to OUR playground to somehow change our device of preference? How does that even make sense? That just shows how much confidence you lack in your platform. HAHAHAHA! You're scared of BBX!

You better!
    Last edited by Theme; 12-05-11 at 01:49 AM.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    12-05-11 01:45 AM

Get your facts straight and go to tipb where no BlackBerry user will go waste their time to diss a screen with icons on it.

Thanks and go play with your toy.
    !
    First off, looks like you wasted a lot of time doing just that, TheMe. Doesn't bother me though. Both devices have their strengths...and weaknesses. There has been enough crap slung between fans of both iPhone and BB to last several lifetimes...and that's not at all why I started this thread.

I did figure at least one pure fanboi from both camps would show up...and I was right!

I actually have an ad in the Marketplace section looking to trade my really nice iPhone 4S for an AT&T 9900. So...I'm ready to make my comeback into the BB Camp whenever someone will give me a chance!
    12-05-11 06:51 AM
    I recently upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the Blackberry Bold 9900. I was interested in something different and auto correct and touchscreen typing were always irritating me. I find that there are pros and cons of each phone and it's up to you to decide which are the most important.

In my experience...

iPhone 4 pros over Blackberry Bold 9900

1) Apps... tons of apps and a lot of good ones. I especially miss kindle and skype. I also miss teamviewer and logmein as you could actually control your desktop from your iPhone
    2) the camera is great. Front facing camera is cool too for Skype and facetime
    3) screen size makes internet browsing much better
    4) touch screen is more responsive and accurate
    5) Gmail integrated better for me with the iPhone 4

Blackberry Bold 9900 pros over iPhone 4

1) Keypad is such a ridiculous improvement
    2) Bold gets better reception than iPhone for me
    3) Bold's speakerphone and general call quality are better
    4) wife is pleased I don't waste time with video games anymore
    5) I prefer the professional look of the Blackberry over the hipster look of the iPhone (imo)

Bottom line: For me I love the Bold. It's a better phone while the iPhone is a better multi-media device. However, the apps available on the Bold are generally speaking enough for me (Blackberry news, traffic, social feeds, score mobile, weather channel and poynt). You can put music on it, browse the web efficiently enough and the keyboard simply rocks. I do miss the camera and some of the iPhone apps but I'm sticking with the Bold.
    Last edited by jayronicle; 12-05-11 at 10:53 AM.
    12-05-11 10:48 AM
    Mate,
    You are asking on a blackberry forum if iphone is a good solution? )))

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-05-11 11:25 AM
    Ike1,
    You like the iPhone and that is cool. No problems there. I would start by just pointing out the obvious advantages for BB.

Better e-mail
    Better messaging
    Actual keyboard (really it is a pleasure to use it)
    Secure
    Ability to swap batteries

You make some good points about the iPhone but I'm not looking for a remote control, MP3 player, video game machine. I think the iPhone actually has those advantages. Besides, I like my music player on BB just fine.
    I want the best communications device and that is still a BlackBerry FOR ME. Everyone is entitled to their view.

What I don't understand is why people that don't have BBs come to the BB websites and just tell everyone that their BBs suck! Are you lost? It is like going to a wedding and telling the groom his wife is a dog. Is that really your place to do? Then, why do it here?

We love our BB's and you love your iPhone.

Why don't we try to avoid forum wars between now and Christmas? I've had a few but I'm just getting into the Christmas spirit this year.
    12-05-11 12:37 PM
    I was browsing TiPb and came across an interesting topic:

What do you think would make the ip4s the perfect smartphone

And found it quite funny how many suggestions literally described a blackberry.. Here are just a few quotes:

"LED
    Stronge Vibrate
    ability to attach file and photos to allrerady opened emails . So you can just reply to the send with out open anything else. And to have a home page."

"The only thing I'd want is being able to attach multiple files to an email."

"Multiple email signatures and notification sounds"

"a removable micro SD card. I dont care what anyone says, dragging and dropping files onto an SD card is easier than messing with itunes."

"I would LOVE to have sound profiles! "

"Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery."

"Choice to have clock display automatically while charging"

"Ability to use regular mp3's or aac's as ringtones."

7 pages of people wanting all the little things that makes a blackberry.. a blackberry.

So basically the one thing that would make the iPhone the perfect smartphone is being a PHONE.
    etul likes this.
    12-05-11 08:07 PM
    I was browsing TiPb and came across an interesting topic:

What do you think would make the ip4s the perfect smartphone

And found it quite funny how many suggestions literally described a blackberry.. Here are just a few quotes:

"LED
    Stronge Vibrate
    ability to attach file and photos to allrerady opened emails . So you can just reply to the send with out open anything else. And to have a home page."

"The only thing I'd want is being able to attach multiple files to an email."

"Multiple email signatures and notification sounds"

"a removable micro SD card. I dont care what anyone says, dragging and dropping files onto an SD card is easier than messing with itunes."

"I would LOVE to have sound profiles! "

"Customizable sound profiles for each email account and type of alert (level 1, etc.), Customizable alerts for email contacts too. (Really miss that BB feature!)

Removable/replaceable battery."

"Choice to have clock display automatically while charging"

"Ability to use regular mp3's or aac's as ringtones."

7 pages of people wanting all the little things that makes a blackberry.. a blackberry.

So basically the one thing that would make the iPhone the perfect smartphone is being a PHONE.
    Wait, a 2011 phone can't attach files to an already open email?
    Doesn't have an LED?
    Doesn't have sound profiles?
    No mp3 ringtones?

Seriously, I find that PHONES are for calling, texting and emailing, what apple did was a playstation/gameboy with everything a phone is as secondary.
    *sigh*

Not hating, just questioning why people pay 50$ a month for a video game device with the ability to do phone calls and emails sub par.
    12-05-11 11:41 PM
    this might help....
    12-06-11 02:23 AM
    Why can't a BB/iPhone thread start and not turn into a bash fest? Frankly, for all you BB fanboys that are personally ignorant of the iPhone...but love to brag on it's shortcomings...it really is an excellent phone and a good email/text device. If it weren't adequate in these areas, I sure as heck wouldn't have owned one over and over for all these years. Same crap goes on at HoFo and Tipb too...stupid will be stupid, you know.

When it comes to communication: email/text/voice...BB is the best in the business, because that's what BB has specialized in for all these years. It's only been in the last few years that RIM has tried to make the BB more of a multimedia consumer device to compete in a market that is day by day turning to that type of device, at the cost of being a premier communication tool.

There will never be a "perfect" device that is the best in every area.

Yeah...the iPhone has glaring flaws. But, it outsells everybody on the planet...so for a lot of folks, what it does do is enough for them. BlackBerry has it's flaws...but for a much, much smaller group...what it does is enough for them as well.

I like both phones...a lot. I've had them both...practically every model (GSM for BB) in the last few years.

I am coming back to BlackBerry because I miss the BlackBerry...just because it's a BlackBerry and I have a warm place for it since it was the first smartphone I ever had and immediately felt a bond with. Will I buy the next iPhone? Maybe. But, I might buy the next BlackBerry too...we'll see.
    Hell-Flavoured likes this.
    12-06-11 07:15 AM
    Ditched the iPhone 4 today for the 9900.. Been a long time BB user and tried the iPhone but couldnt handle not having a keyboard..
    12-06-11 11:59 PM
    This lke1 guy doesn't seem to understand that what he uses the phone for, does not have to be what I or others use it for. In fact, all the (ridiculous) reasons why he thinks that the iPhone is light years ahead, are exactly the reasons I don't use an iPhone, and left android (for now), but a BB.

Apart from the fact that a phone has to do, PHONE feats, and that all the ones he mentioned are extras on a phone. Example, why play a game on a 3.5 inch screen when you can have a PS3 on a 60 inch screen? To name one...

But he seems to forget that, not only many of the apps he mentioned, ARE in fact on BBs, but that the iPhone, even if I do think it is a good device, but has terrible reception, and many other BASIC and FUNDAMENTAL aspects of what a PHONE, should be.

Not to mention that if you spend all this time on apps, games, whatever... if you spend too much time on a PHONE, regardless of which one... you need a life.

The Me, pcgizmo#IM and etul like this.
    12-07-11 01:43 AM
    For example I can't use my blackberry for a remote desktop connection to a windows server, I have not seen an app for blackberry to connect to a linux server via ssh, imagine viewing a pdf file in the tiny bold screen. Does the blackberry have an app for controling your apple tv, or tv set? A directv or dish app is available? Can you use another browser for the web? I can use a browser that uses a desktop rendering like internet explorer or firefox to view websites in normal version and not mobile version. Does blackberry has a skype app so that you can call to any place in the world using the internet? Is it possible to chat using video like facetime? What about a google voice app? Not even a gmail version is available for blackberry.

It could take me all day to explain why the iphone is light years ahead of any blackberry.
    You've been here a month a put up a whopping 89 posts with "iphone4S is better than Blackberry" gibberish. So please, go get an iphone. It's the McDonald's cash register of smartphones, and clearly BlackBerry is not for you.

Apart from the fact that a phone has to do, PHONE feats, and that all the ones he mentioned are extras on a phone. Example, why play a game on a 3.5 inch screen when you can have a PS3 on a 60 inch screen? To name one...
    Exactly!!! Why would I need to control my TV set from my phone?
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-07-11 at 09:49 AM.
    12-07-11 09:43 AM
    The iPhone has more. More games, more apps, more people around you who have it or are lusting it.

More isn't always necessary better. As many of said in this thread and throughout the forum, iPhone is a multimedia device first and a communications device second. The BlackBerry is a communications device through and through - calls, text, email, instant messaging - that's what it's good at. If you're presented with a features list of the iPhone4S and the Bold 9900/30, the iPhone is of course going to win from this objective standpoint. Subjectively though, for me and a lot of people reading this, there's something intangible about its' tangible keyboard and OS that makes me choose the BlackBerry.
    12-07-11 10:08 AM
    You've been here a month a put up a whopping 89 posts with "iphone4S is better than Blackberry" gibberish. So please, go get an iphone. It's the McDonald's cash register of smartphones, and clearly BlackBerry is not for you.
    @Ike1, let them enjoy their nuked/bricked bb, bis outage, no AF etc peacefully. no need to lecture them more.
    12-07-11 04:18 PM
    @Ike1, let them enjoy their nuked/bricked bb, bis outage, no AF etc peacefully. no need to lecture them more.
    Mine isn't nuked or bricked, bis outage happened when I was near a computer, it wasn't an issue for me. I don't care for autofocus or apps or flashplayer.
    12-07-11 04:23 PM
    What a stupid reply. 1) Not all 9900/9930s brick and 2) Other BBs are working perfectly fine. Again, think before posting.

Exactly!!! Why would I need to control my TV set from my phone?
    My reply to a post in another thread got deleted because I stated that Americans live in a closed environment (society), an yet they are the only ones who think that a cellphone is better than another (BBs in this case) because you can use it as a remote and other NON-cellphone feats... And when I stated a fact about why Nokia's and BBs aren't as popular in the USA as iPhones and android, which are these reasons like, they don't change channels or whatever... I got my posts deleted... oooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
    12-07-11 08:01 PM
    no need to lecture them more.
    Yes, no more stupid lectures and misguided (at best) posts.
    12-08-11 07:19 AM
    Had a 9930 and now a 4s..have had most BB's and a I4 for a year. Anyone who thinks the 4S is not light years ahead of BB os7's is a total fanboy of BB or doesnt get it.

My 9930 bricked itself twice, spent 3 days w RIM on phone and app world would just not show any apps everytime we reloded os7. The only thing the 9930 has over my 4s is the keyboard.

My 4 S makes my 3000 minutes of calls fine, I can actually read a PDF QUICKLY and zoom in and out with out waiting forever like my 9930...

I can take pics for work that rival my dslr camera, and hd video FOR WORK...

So its ok to let people state their opinion. TH OP ASKED FOR WHY PEOPLE THOUGHT EITHER WAS BETTER, so dont get your panties in a wod.

Hopefully BB will not F UP the BBX- ummmm OS 10 devices like the playbook and actually give us a product to compete with Droid and Apple and KEEP THE COMPANY A LEADER instead of the crap they have been pulling last 3 years...

OS7 is a fail, its ok even Kevin has voiced concerns over this latest batch of phones and the playbook...

PS...why did they feel the need to release like 19 os7 models when they will all be obsolete in a year? Just curious...seems like more resources could have been spent on bbx phones to speed up the process....and save RIM
    12-08-11 08:12 AM
    Then get a iPhone if you don't already have one and stop bashing blackberries and go and join the iPhone forums.
    ipod touch = iphone4 - phone

before getting a berry i played with the iphone3g and did not like it. played with android's very first device (g1) it was ok. played with a berry (curve 8300) it was ok. got the 8320 and i liked it slightly better than the 8300. then i discovered the power of bis and wow/omg i loved it. from that day i stopped checking emails from my computer and people noticed how i responded to extremely important emails and were pleased by my timely response... all thanks to my berry

got an ipod touch 4th gen and i said "this is just an iphone4 without the phone. from that point became addicted to my 9700. can't do without a keyboard (sorry pre, pixi, pre2).

replaced my 9700 for a 9900 and i said "this is the best blackberry ever [sans the camera part ].
    12-08-11 08:25 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD