Ok...how many here (if any) have gone from the AT&T iPhone 4s to the AT&T BlackBerry 9900?

How many actually prefer the BlackBerry 9900 to the iPhone 4s...and are keeping the 9900?

How many prefer the iPhone 4s...and wish they could go back to it, instead of having to keep the 9900 under contract?

I know this is CrackBerry...but please, no BB fanboy BS, ok? If you really are sad that you made the trade, be honest! I've been back and forth time after time, and I'm getting a little bored with the iOS and have a chance to trade for a 9900. BUT...I don't want to be disappointed and regret the trade.

Thanks for everybodys honesty!
    12-02-11 06:12 PM
    I've switched my iPhone 4 for the Bold 9900. Imiss the apps, but the BB is fine, loving the keyboard for sure
    12-02-11 06:20 PM
    if memory serves correctly,you have jumped from apple to bb to apple to bb to apple to bb in a several months/years lifespan?if you get bored with ios then why get an iphone in the first place?as an american citizen,i will not get an iphone 4s simply because it doesn't serve my american needs.
    12-02-11 06:35 PM
    It's personal, if you think you re gonna play games more than texting (bbm), then dont switch.

It's really up to you IMO
    12-02-11 07:16 PM
    Once the iPad hit the shelves I'm sure you'll regret being the one who didn't get to tell Apple how to improve their new revolutionary device.
    Huh? Not sure if that's sarcasm or just being a jackass. Shame to waste your second whole post on either.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Last edited by davistld01; 12-02-11 at 09:56 PM.
    12-02-11 08:13 PM
    Go with what you want of you feel comfortable with the iPhone and are happy with it then stick with it if you are longing for the blackberry experience then do the trade.
    12-02-11 09:53 PM
    i just went from the 4S to the 9900. Not by choice though. Work just assigned me one and I figured there's no point in carry both devices so I gave it to my wife as a "xmas" present
    12-02-11 10:13 PM
    Like you I have gone back and forth as well.

I've gone back n forth between iPhone and BB since the first iPhone. I currently have an iPhone 4 and love it for what it does. I recently switched back to BB for the Bold 9900, I had a Bold 9000 before and really liked it. However when the iPhone 4 came out I fell in love with the design and build quality, had to have it.

For me the Bold is the ultimate BB, great keyboard, I like the larger size over the smaller versions. I do, miss the larger screen. However in the end I needed a phone that focused on what I most used it for.
    I’m a heavy Outlook user and the BB really does a great job managing Outlook, especially when on BES.

The iPhone is a great multimedia and entertainment phone, I found myself with all kinds of apps and in the end really only using the core apps, email, calendar, tasks etc. There are so many choices and apps that I was less productive with so many choices. My kids played with it more watching movies, playing games, etc. It is a great phone and amazing design. I most likely will get an iPhone 5 when they come out as long as their changed enough from the current.

For business use the BB had a lot more to offer for me. I don’t have time through out the day to play games, watch movies, twitter and tweet.
    I still have my iPhone to switch back to when I want a change. Whatever it is about Blackberry it keeps me coming back.

The one thing you’ll miss the most is the larger screen, you have to ask yourself what do you use the phone for the most and need it to do? They both are great devices and each do what they do great.
    shanny186 likes this.
    12-02-11 10:35 PM
    yep I changed, but I'm in the uk, iPhone 4s to 9900, didnt use that many apps, only got one after selling ipad 2 to get playbook, I have no regrets ;-)
    12-02-11 11:32 PM
    well, not exactly gone from 4s to 9900, but i've gone from iPhone 3GS to Bold 9700. the switch was permanent for me and i'm now waiting for my 9900 in the mail. the point i want to make remains relevant though.

basically iPhone is great for the things i do 10% of the time: games, apps, movies, music, videos.

the blackberry is great for the things i do/need my phone to do 90% of the time: email, calendar, text, alarms reminders, tasks, notepad, password keeper.

find out how you spend most of the time using your phone and see which phone meets your needs better. just my opinion.

good luck!
    12-03-11 12:40 AM
    The iphone 4S is light years ahead of the bold 9900, it has so many great features that it could take me a lot of time to write.

The bold 9900 is a nice phone that bricks itself at night without reason, the best is bbm and push mail.

The best is to carry 2 phone to use bbm and all the great features of the iphone 4s like:

Siri ( is cool, it is like hal9000, it simply works )
    Itunes ( the best music store in the world is always getting better what about itunes match all your music in the cloud )
    Apps ( what about 500,000 and counting from remote desktop to security camera, to games, to utilities, to facebook, to twitter, to safari )
    Camera ( comparing the photos and the video you shot from the iphone 4s to the bold is like comparing 3D to black and white tv, the pictures from the bold 9900 look ugly )
    Speed ( the processor of the iphone is light speed compared to the bold )
    12-03-11 01:03 AM
    the iphone 4s is light years ahead of the bold 9900, it has so many great features that it could take me a lot of time to write.

The bold 9900 is a nice phone that bricks itself at night without reason, the best is bbm and push mail.

The best is to carry 2 phone to use bbm and all the great features of the iphone 4s like:

Siri ( is cool, it is like hal9000, it simply works )
    itunes ( the best music store in the world is always getting better what about itunes match all your music in the cloud )
    apps ( what about 500,000 and counting from remote desktop to security camera, to games, to utilities, to facebook, to twitter, to safari )
    camera ( comparing the photos and the video you shot from the iphone 4s to the bold is like comparing 3d to black and white tv, the pictures from the bold 9900 look ugly )
    speed ( the processor of the iphone is light speed compared to the bold )

fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fan boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f anboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanb oy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fa nboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanbo y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!fanboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-03-11 02:52 AM
    Like Previously stated what's the point of having 500k+ apps when alot of them are the same thing or are just things to waste time with. Personally I've owned iPhones androids and even having all those apps at my disposal all I used was iTunes and Internet only thing in my opinion is what the iPhone is good for is a multimedia device. If you need a communicating phone go blackberry it just does everything. Also one thing I hate is people always say oh apple has 500k apps but most are useless blackberries app world is full of apps that have meaning and uses almost every single one of them.
    12-03-11 06:59 AM
    For example I can't use my blackberry for a remote desktop connection to a windows server, I have not seen an app for blackberry to connect to a linux server via ssh, imagine viewing a pdf file in the tiny bold screen. Does the blackberry have an app for controling your apple tv, or tv set? A directv or dish app is available? Can you use another browser for the web? I can use a browser that uses a desktop rendering like internet explorer or firefox to view websites in normal version and not mobile version. Does blackberry has a skype app so that you can call to any place in the world using the internet? Is it possible to chat using video like facetime? What about a google voice app? Not even a gmail version is available for blackberry.

It could take me all day to explain why the iphone is light years ahead of any blackberry.
    jamesbondOO7 and steve17360 like this.
    12-03-11 07:15 AM
    Then get a iPhone if you don't already have one and stop bashing blackberries and go and join the iPhone forums.
    shaleem and soo007 like this.
    12-03-11 07:43 AM
    Well for me I have never used an iphone but lately I have been finding them more and more appealing. The endless possibilities as to what you can do with them.
    I may be fortunate but my old ipod classic died a couple of weeks back so I decided to get a 64gb Itouch. Coming onto crackberry and seeing the 9900 had now got the leaked OS it was really a no brainer to me. I have the itouch. Music, Imessage and whatever else I desire and the Bold 9900 for its fantastic camera and my general everday needs. So now I have skype video chat and whatever else I want and an awesome phone to boot.

I don't know if many others will use or are using this combination. Granted not everyone has that kind of money to throw at gadgets either.

As for the apps most of what I use I can get on the BB and I'm really not into games or time wasting apps either. As much as I like the idea of one complete media device the battery life of any phone just can not cope with being used for media, games and making calls unless you have your own generator with you.

So follow my combo and get the best of both worlds
    12-03-11 08:31 AM
    For example I can't use my blackberry for a remote desktop connection to a windows server, I have not seen an app for blackberry to connect to a linux server via ssh, imagine viewing a pdf file in the tiny bold screen. Does the blackberry have an app for controling your apple tv, or tv set? A directv or dish app is available? Can you use another browser for the web? I can use a browser that uses a desktop rendering like internet explorer or firefox to view websites in normal version and not mobile version. Does blackberry has a skype app so that you can call to any place in the world using the internet? Is it possible to chat using video like facetime? What about a google voice app? Not even a gmail version is available for blackberry.

It could take me all day to explain why the iphone is light years ahead of any blackberry.
    Hey Iphone guy, this is a blackberry fan website in case you were wondering. There are countless Apple fan websites you can go buck-wild in. There is zero reason for you to be here.

Have a nice day.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-03-11 11:29 AM

Well besides screen size... Procesor wise bold is like iphone 4, camera similar but bold has no a/f. Maybe not light years... Maybe 1 year behind.. All the other task.. iPhone screen isn't big enough for. Gt an iPad/ galaxy tab for the above purposes like opening PDF pictures/mags/remote desktop browsing full pages..
    12-03-11 01:02 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ne-4-a-648291/

Linking this already existing thread to this one.
    12-03-11 01:26 PM

I know this is CrackBerry...but please, no BB fanboy BS, ok?
    I am in the PlayBook section most of the time, and I have the impression there are more Apple fanboys there than BB fanboys.
    I have never practiced the iPhone, but I can talk about the 9900. For me, the combination and flexibility of having touchscreen, trackpad and an amazing keyboard is very powerful. It has a superior email system that allows multiple signatures (i.e. one for each email address). The quality of phone communication is perfect. The phone is highly customizable. I love the red LED that tells you a message has arrived. I find the camera of very good quality and I take very good pictures with it for my real estate activity. Files are very easy to manage.
    Well, you have guessed it, I love that phone. Anything negative? At least not for me.
    12-03-11 02:01 PM
    well, not exactly gone from 4s to 9900, but i've gone from iPhone 3GS to Bold 9700. the switch was permanent for me and i'm now waiting for my 9900 in the mail. the point i want to make remains relevant though.

basically iPhone is great for the things i do 10% of the time: games, apps, movies, music, videos.

the blackberry is great for the things i do/need my phone to do 90% of the time: email, calendar, text, alarms reminders, tasks, notepad, password keeper.

find out how you spend most of the time using your phone and see which phone meets your needs better. just my opinion.

good luck!
    That was my experience as well. I loved have the Android and it's many apps but I found myself really only using those many apps just a very short amount of time. I started keeping track of what I did on my phone and decided that I can go w/o those fun yet time wasters that I never really had time to toy with and moved myself to the 9930.
    12-03-11 02:16 PM

good luck!
    This. I agree 100%
    12-03-11 04:21 PM
    Went from I4 to 9900. The 9900 is the best phone I've ever had. I also have an ipad2, which is a perfect companion for doing everything that apple does better than blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-11 04:32 PM

You can also make a semi-decent phone call with an iPhone. Oh wait, where did all the bars go?
    12-03-11 05:17 PM
    if i were you, i'll skip both of ip4s or 9900. both of this phone has lots of problems. if you decided to go with bb, 9780 is better choice (if youre bold... ) or maybe the 98xx series... 9900 is very famous for its bad QC and bricked/nuked far often than other bb. ip4s is also relatively on the same bad area as 9900. just google it and you'll find that somehow ip4 is 'better' than ip4s... so its better to just pick ip4 (besides, its cheaper now after 4s released) and save the money for bbx phone or ip5. imo, 9900 and ip4s dont really worth your bucks.
    12-03-11 05:21 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD