You ditched the BB because of the outage to get an Iphone? Seriously?
    We sold a LOT of non BB phones to BB users during the outage. People were angry, and the refrain was that people were fed up. This wasn't the first outage, outages were a big reason I dropped BB 2 years ago.
    10-30-11 10:30 AM
    How about a real test of actual usage, like music or screen on. Both devices handle multitasking very differently. ios = 15 minutes of "background" awake time, bb=infinite! So that's the difference. But in ACTUAL use, I can't stand the iPhone battery life. I actually bought multiple portable battery chargers to get through a day. iOS lies about the actual USAGE meter. It's not REAL usage, it's system usage and always rounding up. So the 5 hours you'd get is maybe really 2 hours or so. I have an iPhone 4 and believe me, battery life on the 9900 is WAY better.
    It is clear that you do not own an iPhone 4, then. I have an iPhone 4 and also bought them for my wife and kids. I literally watch videos, play games, email from an enterprise server account, email from four personal accounts, and dork around on Facebook all throughout the day. If it is a particularly slow day in court where I have to wait two hours before my clients get called, I will sit there with my phone on the whole time. My iPhone has never dropped below 25% before I get home to put it on the charger at 7:00 p.m. My phone routinely runs and gets use all day without needing a charge.

I have never used a 9900 other than messing with it at a Verizon store, so I will not comment as to whether it has better battery life. I just wanted to point out the clear inaccuracy in your post.

Also, before someone flames me as an Apple fanboy, I want to note that I would happily go back to having a crappier Blackberry operating system and keyboard so I could type up emails a whole lot faster than what I can do on the iPhone. I miss my old Blackberry Tour 9630. Hence, this is why I am on the Bold 9930 forums.
    10-30-11 10:38 AM
    It is clear that you do not own an iPhone 4, then. I have an iPhone 4 and also bought them for my wife and kids. I literally watch videos, play games, email from an enterprise server account, email from four personal accounts, and dork around on Facebook all throughout the day. If it is a particularly slow day in court where I have to wait two hours before my clients get called, I will sit there with my phone on the whole time. My iPhone has never dropped below 25% before I get home to put it on the charger at 7:00 p.m. My phone routinely runs and gets use all day without needing a charge.

I have never used a 9900 other than messing with it at a Verizon store, so I will not comment as to whether it has better battery life. I just wanted to point out the clear inaccuracy in your post.

Also, before someone flames me as an Apple fanboy, I want to note that I would happily go back to having a crappier Blackberry operating system and keyboard so I could type up emails a whole lot faster than what I can do on the iPhone. I miss my old Blackberry Tour 9630. Hence, this is why I am on the Bold 9930 forums.
    It's the little things that make it better, individual email signatures for each account, individual calendar for each account, ability to attach files to reply emails, the ability to call the person that emailed you from within the email, the ability to delete emails from device only, the ability to save emails to device memory regardless if they're deleted from server etc etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 11:11 AM
    It's the little things that make it better, individual email signatures for each account, individual calendar for each account, ability to attach files to reply emails, the ability to call the person that emailed you from within the email, the ability to delete emails from device only, the ability to save emails to device memory regardless if they're deleted from server etc etc

I agree that it is the little things. The keyboard, which was perfect on the Blackberry Tour, is what consistently brings me back to the Crackberry website. I miss the great email client, which is something I use more than anything else. However, I still love the media quality and browser quality in my iPhone, and the fact that it works properly at all times without a hiccup. Now that I think of it, I have owned my iPhone 4 since March, so eight months, and I have never turned it off once other than applying the iOS 5 update last week.
    10-30-11 11:47 AM
    How do you like them apples! My SGS2, iphone 4 and 9900! :P

My SGS2 lasts just as long as my 9900 with the 2000 mah extended battery (from Samsung themselves). but my iphone NEVER lasted me over 6 hours and this is my 4th iphone 4. Apple loves to send me new ones (warranty, faulty buttons, displays break, etc). I watch videos, browse the web, play games, I use my device for everything. the Iphone NEVER lasted over 6 hours of HARDCORE usage. And to say that I don't have one, well, here's the picture

Also just for the fanboy, just because your kids and you can get through a whole day of usage DOESN'T mean that MY usage is wrong. I have many email accounts, I have to edit documents on the go all the time, dropbox and sugarsync premium accounts all the time, editing pictures, taking pictures and video. I use my devices seriously and to their full potential. Maybe that's why I don't get more than 6 hours of use? Because I use them ALL day and HARD all day. God bless extended batteries! (Or portable battery cases, which by the way I have 2 of for my iphone, and 0 for BB and 0 for SGS2).
    10-30-11 05:01 PM
    Not to bash on iOS or Android, but I'm WAY more productive on the BB than any other device. The pure touch screen doesn't work for me. I need to type a lot and fast. I need to be able to multitask quickly. I spent MORE time doing the same tasks on the iphone. Less time on Android, but text entry wasn't the best as touch screens aren't the most reliable at word prediction and of course a BB is the absolute best for that.

The little things count, but the biggest thing for me is text entry. It's why I'm on BB. Yes, the OS isn't as fancy as iOS or as powerful as Android... but it does what I need it to do (and no, angry birds isn't what I need it to do!). I have had so many phones in the past 4 years (see signature), and I buy them all unlocked, I love gadgets... But I'm always back to the black for a reason.... It's the most reliable, the best for messaging and text entry, and decent battery life. My SGS2 is the second best without a doubt. The camera is VERY good, and the screen is just FANTASTICALLY designed the SAMOLED+ is very nice as well. I believe every phone and OS has its pros and cons, in my case the BB offers more pros than cons like with the other OSs and phones, but that's for MY usage and mine alone.
    10-30-11 05:06 PM
    How do you like them apples! My SGS2, iphone 4 and 9900! :P

My SGS2 lasts just as long as my 9900 with the 2000 mah extended battery (from Samsung themselves). but my iphone NEVER lasted me over 6 hours and this is my 4th iphone 4. Apple loves to send me new ones (warranty, faulty buttons, displays break, etc). I watch videos, browse the web, play games, I use my device for everything. the Iphone NEVER lasted over 6 hours of HARDCORE usage. And to say that I don't have one, well, here's the picture

Also just for the fanboy, just because your kids and you can get through a whole day of usage DOESN'T mean that MY usage is wrong. I have many email accounts, I have to edit documents on the go all the time, dropbox and sugarsync premium accounts all the time, editing pictures, taking pictures and video. I use my devices seriously and to their full potential. Maybe that's why I don't get more than 6 hours of use? Because I use them ALL day and HARD all day. God bless extended batteries! (Or portable battery cases, which by the way I have 2 of for my iphone, and 0 for BB and 0 for SGS2).
    Thanks for the photographs. Now that you explained your usage in more detail, do you use all three phones throughout the day or do you pick a phone based on the day? I would be amazed as to how you can put 6 or more hours into each phone on the same day. Anyway, as you acknowledged, those are your specific usage statistics.

I do agree with you that typing on the Blackberry Bold is far faster and more accurate than the iPhone 4. If I found a cheap 9930 for sale, I would probably snag it up and use it as my primary device. I enjoy all of the multimedia features of my iPhone, but I don't get the messaging and email satisfaction that my old Blackberry Tour provided.
    10-30-11 07:33 PM
    I really can't imagine anyone considering the iPhone when you can get an AT&T 9900.

Last edited by olblueyez; 10-30-11 at 08:17 PM.
    10-30-11 08:13 PM
    I really can't imagine anyone considering the iPhone when you can get an AT&T 9900.

Click to view quoted image

except you cant
    10-30-11 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the photographs. Now that you explained your usage in more detail, do you use all three phones throughout the day or do you pick a phone based on the day? I would be amazed as to how you can put 6 or more hours into each phone on the same day. Anyway, as you acknowledged, those are your specific usage statistics.

I do agree with you that typing on the Blackberry Bold is far faster and more accurate than the iPhone 4. If I found a cheap 9930 for sale, I would probably snag it up and use it as my primary device. I enjoy all of the multimedia features of my iPhone, but I don't get the messaging and email satisfaction that my old Blackberry Tour provided.
    No, I actually just care one device at a time. I change devices every 4 months or so. My iPhone 4 and Blackberry 8300 and 9000 being the exceptions. They were by far the best devices I've had. I wouldn't pay 500 for a 9900. My phone company called me and gave it to me unlocked for 150, so I said OK, why not. I love the device. Camera isn't that great, neither is battery life. But they... I used to think that having an all powerful OS was the greatest thing ever, I'd be able to download directly from filesonic and unrar the TV show or something like that and watch right away. I've done that .... twice! But write messages? I do that ALL day and that's my new priority. And if I never need to change back, I have the other devices. I believe that sometimes we get bored (like the owner of this thread) and go back to something we know. I tend to get bored, but I always go back to blackberry for some reason. They just do it right, or at least the things I need! I have outlook on my computer which syncs my calendar, and contacts, notes and tasks all to google and the company server. I come home, turn on bluetooth and sync. Fantastic. for iOS I needed 2Do (fantastic and beautiful app) and for Android I needed Android Sync for Google or something like that. For notes that's another story!

Each OS has its pros and cons.

I can easily see why people want a BB

I can easily see why people get bored with BB.

The 9900 is a great device. I love it more than the iPhone. The iPhone is just TINY in comparison to the standard screen size on the market now. That's one of my major problems with it. The high resolution screen + tiny screen. The tiny keyboard on the tiny screen. I don't know.

/rant OFF
    10-31-11 03:21 AM
    I carry both the iPhone 4s, and 9900. The combination gives me a really complete mobile office, and, entertainment system.

As far as battery life, just an FYI, I believe it is VERY dependent on cell signal for the 9900.

I was just in Europe, and got 40% better battery life, doing the same things, on my 9900, then on T-Mobile US. iPhone was slightly better batter life in Europe.
    omi10468 likes this.
    10-31-11 09:32 AM
    i wake up around 9am so with full 100% battery on both phone 9900 and 4s
    i go home from work about 7pm
    my 9900 already asking for a charge at around 3 pm with about 30% battery life
    my iPhone is about 20% when i go to bed at 10PM
    11-10-11 03:18 AM
    i wake up around 9am so with full 100% battery on both phone 9900 and 4s
    i go home from work about 7pm
    my 9900 already asking for a charge at around 3 pm with about 30% battery life
    my iPhone is about 20% when i go to bed at 10PM
    Something is screwed up then. 6 hours is basically the expected battery life while on calls, constantly....
    11-10-11 03:20 AM
    try to make a phone call on your 9900/9930 "constantly" i bet they won't even last for more than 3 hours straight.
    i'm a heavy user
    actually not in calling department but i use BBM and browse a lot.
    i pulled my 9900 from the charger at 9am 100% battery life
    it will hit low battery warning around 3-4pm which is like 20%.
    I've upgrade to 474 and wipe my device but still it doesn't change.
    11-10-11 01:28 PM
    Depends entirely on what your signal average is when your making the calls....
    11-10-11 03:16 PM
    In my home and office the signal is full bar 3G mode. No wifi. Only 3G.
    I set my phone to 2G and 3G but the network always showing 3G full Bar.

11-10-11 04:27 PM
    Looking forward to going back to BB from my Iphone 4S buyer's remorse purchase.
    11-10-11 04:34 PM
    try to make a phone call on your 9900/9930 "constantly" i bet they won't even last for more than 3 hours straight.
    i'm a heavy user
    actually not in calling department but i use BBM and browse a lot.
    i pulled my 9900 from the charger at 9am 100% battery life
    it will hit low battery warning around 3-4pm which is like 20%.
    I've upgrade to 474 and wipe my device but still it doesn't change.

I average 3-4 hours a day on calls and could easily hit 5-6 hours talk time. Every Monday morning I start with 100% charge before our weekly sales staff conference call and after the two hour call, I usually have about 75% remaining. Also using bluetooth the whole time.
    11-10-11 04:44 PM
    Looking forward to going back to BB from my Iphone 4S buyer's remorse purchase.
    Its a great device. Fast browser,great screen,keyboard well everyone knows its the caddy,battery has been solid and getting better each day. been off the charger since 6 am and I'm at 40% 11 hrs so far.
    11-10-11 04:45 PM
    You've had your 4S for 3-4 months?!
    Cool story bro
    I was going to hit him for that as well. My iphone has little elves in it that come out every night and do the house work. So your Blackberry must suck.
    11-10-11 05:15 PM
    Some people's battery life mystifies me. I have to browse for 2-3 solid hours, talk for 3-4 hours, bbm, twitter, and go through100 emails to run my battery out by 10:30 pm... And I unplug @ 5:00 am. I hardly ever have my battery down to 5% at bedtime.

11-10-11 05:49 PM
    Some people's battery life mystifies me. I have to browse for 2-3 solid hours, talk for 3-4 hours, bbm, twitter, and go through100 emails to run my battery out by 10:30 pm... And I unplug @ 5:00 am. I hardly ever have my battery down to 5% at bedtime.

Do you have a strong signal throughout the day? Just for giggles, I hooked up my vzw network extender for a few days and saw an improvement of about 25% battery life while on the femtocell. My signal at home is about -90 to -95 on a tower and a steady -60 on the extender. I really think battery is greatly affected by signal strength. Would be an interesting study for one of the gurus around here to perform for a few weeks.
    11-10-11 06:25 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD