Nope , nothing running on both phone
    I did battry pull before I test that
    And I restart the iPhone as well

You mean your 9900 only losses 5% overnight ? That quite amazing.
    What OS do u use ? I'm using 439
    I'm also running .439 and last night I lost about 10% overnight, with the phone fully on and receiving emails/push throughout the night and no other background apps running. WiFi, Bluetooth, and NFC off. (Though leaving WiFi on if you have a connection is actually supposed to *improve* battery life anyway.)

I started another thread about this but try turning off your Location Data under location services. Before I did this I was losing like 25-40% overnight. (Granted this was right after I'd updated the OS, so maybe the battery needed to "train" or whatever.)

Whether it's the new OS having had time to train, or the Location Data being turned off, I'm definitely getting a full day's moderate use on one charge now.
    10-28-11 09:25 AM
    hehe this had turned into another battery thread...

OP: glad u found your way back.. this happened to me when i went to the ip4 last year after my BB was stolen.. thought i'd give it whirl .. i had the 1st gen iphone a few weeks after it came out.. bought it at AT&T and unlocked it and used it on Rogers.. the ip4 felt exactly like the ip1 (look, feel, functionality, just a bit faster)...

both times i came back to the BB...
    10-28-11 10:15 AM
    Didn't Android replace your Blackberry already or am I thinking of somebody else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No you are right. He had fell in love with his SGS2.
    10-28-11 11:49 AM
    No you are right. He had fell in love with his SGS2.
    That love didn't last very long lol

10-28-11 12:11 PM
    Didn't Android replace your Blackberry already or am I thinking of somebody else?

I was going to ask the same thing. He was crowing about the SG2 for the last 2 months.
    DarshOne and gorby65 like this.
    10-28-11 01:49 PM
    I've had my 9900 on T-Mobile for just three weeks , and slightly off topic, Tmo's coverage has improved incredibly (Central NJ and Ft. Lauderdale, FL). Anyhoo, my battery is slightly less hardy than my 9700, which was terrific in that department. But the device itself is wonderful (keyboard, etc.) I couldn't be happier. I also have an iphone 4 which has been improved since the update to ios 5, but still it can't compete with bb in terms of speed of communications. And it seems the battery is fading. Today it went from 85% to dead as a doornail. Pop it out and replace? I think not.
    10-28-11 02:15 PM
    I own both iphone 4s and Blackberry 9900 and in my case the battery on my 9900 is worse than the iPhone
    My iPhone 4s can last for almost a day (a little bit worse than the iPhone 4) but my 9900 can only last for half a day.

Try this test if you don't believe me or just want to make sure.

Charge both phone till 100% , both phone must be on the same network. Then just unplugged the charger, leave it on side by side .
    I did that
    Unplugged the chargers @ 12am and in the morning when I woke up, my iPhone 4s battery is on 84% where my 9900 battery is 47%

Wtf, the phone is only on standby, I didn't even touch them at all.

How about a real test of actual usage, like music or screen on. Both devices handle multitasking very differently. ios = 15 minutes of "background" awake time, bb=infinite! So that's the difference. But in ACTUAL use, I can't stand the iPhone battery life. I actually bought multiple portable battery chargers to get through a day. iOS lies about the actual USAGE meter. It's not REAL usage, it's system usage and always rounding up. So the 5 hours you'd get is maybe really 2 hours or so. I have an iPhone 4 and believe me, battery life on the 9900 is WAY better.
    10-28-11 05:40 PM
    iphone screen is just too small for a touchscreen. good for kids and teens. a dignified person would need 4" at least.
    sgs2 is the best now. a torch 9800/9810 with 3.2" screen and keyboard is still way better than iiphone with 3.5" screen.
    Yea, and the bold screen isn't too small for touch right? I'm sure all those people that bought the torch(or lack there of given weak sales) are happier with their purchase than an inferior iphone
    Wow, the bold is still more expensive than an iphone 4s. I guess it is a better phone with superior hardware and software.
    10-28-11 06:31 PM
    iphone screen is just too small for a touchscreen. good for kids and teens. a dignified person would need 4" at least.
    sgs2 is the best now. a torch 9800/9810 with 3.2" screen and keyboard is still way better than iiphone with 3.5" screen.
    Speak for yourself, I ditched a 4" screen for the iPhone and couldn't be happier. 36 years old, dignified, and a power user to boot.

As far as battery, my iPhone has been off charger for 12 hours so far, and has been used for calls, texts, Facebook, banking and massive gps to navigate Toronto by foot today (playing tourist) and its down to 47%. I'm perfectly happy with that.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-28-11 at 06:48 PM.
    10-28-11 06:42 PM
    Simple things for simple minds and all that...i still have my ip4 but dear god i could never use that as a daily device...it would drive me nuts but for my mp3s, web browsing and a few apps...it does its job. Luckily for me i have the best of both worlds my 9900 as my daily workhorse and my ip4 as my multimedia device.
    Ugh. Really? You have to insult all who use an iPhone as a daily driver/workhorse quite successfully?
    10-28-11 06:45 PM
    You can zoom the camera by pinch to zooming on the camera window. Hope that helps.
    Thanks regoyan, yeah she finally figured that one out. I guess the generic feel of the camera leaves users plenty of room to customize with all the free apps. Like I said I did like the phone. If they ever make one with a physical keyboard and a dedicated menu key, I would be tempted. Guess I'll just have to happily settle for my bold.

10-29-11 12:46 AM
    I don't know about the iPhone 4 antennae but I drop calls all the time with my iPhone 4. Not a huge deal for me since I barely talk on the phone, still kind of annoying.

I don't type on my phone too much but I'm starting to think I want to try a physical keyboard since the more I try and type the more annoying it gets. I realize how important auto-correct can be with not being able to type properly, but even though it corrects typing, it can still be very annoying if it predicts the wrong thing
    10-29-11 01:36 AM
    I don't know about the iPhone 4 antennae but I drop calls all the time with my iPhone 4. Not a huge deal for me since I barely talk on the phone, still kind of annoying.

I don't type on my phone too much but I'm starting to think I want to try a physical keyboard since the more I try and type the more annoying it gets. I realize how important auto-correct can be with not being able to type properly, but even though it corrects typing, it can still be very annoying if it predicts the wrong thing

Sucks for you.

I never drop calls on my iPhone 4, I guess it boils down to carrier signal.
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-29-11 06:14 AM
    LMAO....a dignified person needs a 4" screen? Had no idea that there was such a thing as a smartphone high horse.

10-29-11 06:54 AM
    LMAO....a dignified person needs a 4" screen? Had no idea that there was such a thing as a smartphone high horse.

There sure is! For the sake of proper identification it's called smartphone iHigh Horse.

To OP, welcome back.
    10-29-11 11:41 AM
    Sucks for you.

I never drop calls on my iPhone 4, I guess it boils down to carrier signal.
    Actually, I've heard it depends on how you hold it... He's probably holding it wrong.

Hi Tek likes this.
    10-29-11 11:57 AM
    I am afraid that my 4S has replaced my Blackberry and I am not looking back. It has now been 3-4 months and instead of going back and forth between the two, the iPhone 4S won me over.

Never thought this would happen
    You've had your 4S for 3-4 months?!
    Cool story bro
    10-29-11 12:09 PM
    You've had your 4S for 3-4 months?!
    Cool story bro
    Well he changed to an Android first, SG2, so his iphone 4s replaced that really, not his blackberry. If I was Rim I wouldn't want a fickle customer like him lol.

Jake Storm likes this.
    10-29-11 12:19 PM
    I am afraid that my 4S has replaced my Blackberry and I am not looking back. It has now been 3-4 months and instead of going back and forth between the two, the iPhone 4S won me over.

Never thought this would happen
    Did he just say he had an "iphone 4S" 3-4 months has it been that long already
    10-29-11 09:30 PM
    The IP4S has been out for two weeks and one day. I can see the mistake as weeks and months are spelled so similar.
    Last edited by Engire; 10-30-11 at 12:01 AM.
    10-29-11 11:12 PM
    lots of people will said "i told you so" but i will just say welcome back bro .
    10-29-11 11:21 PM
    Actually, I've heard it depends on how you hold it... He's probably holding it wrong.

I haven't dropped a call period. I have TRIED while deliberately death gripping. Nope. Didn't happen. The only call I ever dropped was on my Galaxy S.
    10-30-11 02:40 AM
    Well iPhone 4S is being picked up on tuesday and after using it for several days the battery hasnt got any better and I am glad personally in my experience to be rid of the damn thing.

my 9900 gives me 3/4 days ok fine on 2G but that is proper heavy use.
    10-30-11 05:35 AM
    Simple things for simple minds and all that...i still have my ip4 but dear god i could never use that as a daily device...it would drive me nuts but for my mp3s, web browsing and a few apps...it does its job. Luckily for me i have the best of both worlds my 9900 as my daily workhorse and my ip4 as my multimedia device.
    I am on the fence as to what to get as a companion to my 9930. I'd like a non-BB device, just for kicks. I thought I was going for the iP4S but I felt strangely unsatisfied. I realised I missed the ability to change themes and the level of customisation on the Atrix. Much to my overwhelming surprise, I thought longingly of my Atrix, like I really wanted to keep it isntead of the new iP4S. Me!!!!! I don't TRUST Android!!!!

So I'll wait for the 9860, give that a go and see how I react to it.

Increasingly, it appears that I will return to my Atrix after all. Wait for the 9860 to test it out, just so I can honestly say I tried it. Then try out the Atrix 2.

I'll keep my 9930 as my daily driver, of course. I am primarily a BB user. Keep all my sensitive stuff on that. Use the increasingly likely Atrix or Atrix 2 as the entertainment device.
    10-30-11 05:42 AM
    You ditched the BB because of the outage to get an Iphone? Seriously?
    10-30-11 06:01 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD