Hi,

So the recent UK outage of the BIS services pi$$ed me right off so I decided to ditch my blackberry and go for an iPhone, i thought it was time to try a pure touch screen phone. Well after a couple of days I bloody hate the iPhone (like the iPad, have a MBP etc) but bloody ****. Battery is crap and stuck on 4G, the notifications are a good start but not that brilliant and lack of LED (fine it has the flash but who leaves their phone upside down)....

I have embraced my BB again and shall no longer consider an affair.
    10-27-11 07:20 PM
    Battery is crap and stuck on 4G
    May want to do some fact checking on that one, no such thing as a 4G iPhone. They all run on 3G. Congrats on finding the right phone for your needs though, that's what it's all about. Finding the phone that suits you.
    10-27-11 07:21 PM
    My gf just got one a few weeks ago. I like a lot of the features and her battery did get better with time. The main drawback was how bare bones every aspect of communication was and even the camera as awesome as it was needed an app to zoom. No scene modes, no menu, nuthin! And the real clincher was no physical keyboard. Oh and I'm sorry but "there's no app for that"! Hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 07:28 PM
    You can zoom the camera by pinch to zooming on the camera window. Hope that helps.
    10-27-11 10:28 PM
    i personally carry a Bold 9900 and a Galaxy S II, and i love the combo. the fluidity of the BB for texting and BBM and the apps and web browsing on my galaxy make for a dynamic duo
    10-27-11 11:16 PM
    iphone screen is just too small for a touchscreen. good for kids and teens. a dignified person would need 4" at least.
    sgs2 is the best now. a torch 9800/9810 with 3.2" screen and keyboard is still way better than iiphone with 3.5" screen.
    10-27-11 11:20 PM
    I like the 9900 for the flexibility it offers in how I interact with it. I'm given a touchscreen, a trackpad, a menu key, and a keyboard, and I can choose to use whichever combination of those that appeal to me at any given time. (I don't always choose to use the same combination to accomplish the same things either.)

There are a few glitches (still running stock .261), yes, but I've no doubt that those will get fixed over time (or with 7.1?). I don't know what objective measure you'd apply to determine what the "best" phone out there is right now, but the 9900 is the best phone for me, which is all that matters to me.
    10-27-11 11:25 PM
    @duffy11,
    Well said bro...
    Its an individual choice...
    BB provides different approach to do perform same task.
    I am very happy with my 9780.

10-27-11 11:33 PM
    May want to do some fact checking on that one, no such thing as a 4G iPhone. They all run on 3G. Congrats on finding the right phone for your needs though, that's what it's all about. Finding the phone that suits you.
    I did mean the iPhone 4S is stuck on 3G, typo.....

The iPhone 4S doesnt allow you to disable the 3G radio and use plain old GSM.
    10-28-11 12:49 AM
    I did mean the iPhone 4S is stuck on 3G, typo.....

The iPhone 4S doesnt allow you to disable the 3G radio and use plain old GSM.
    Well, it's probably stuck on HSPA+ regardless is you have just normal 3G. HSPA+ is marketed as 4G now so he wasn't entirely wrong

10-28-11 01:48 AM
    As much as I hated on rim, I'm missing the **** out of that keyboard. Idk why but I'm having an urge to sell my iPhone and get the 9930. Ad my iPhone battery usually lasts around 5 hours and 45 min.
    Vijik likes this.
    10-28-11 02:27 AM
    Yeah but the camera on the iPhone is Auto-Focus and you can't have a good phone without Auto-Focus!!!

10-28-11 03:53 AM
    I own both iphone 4s and Blackberry 9900 and in my case the battery on my 9900 is worse than the iPhone
    My iPhone 4s can last for almost a day (a little bit worse than the iPhone 4) but my 9900 can only last for half a day.

Try this test if you don't believe me or just want to make sure.

Charge both phone till 100% , both phone must be on the same network. Then just unplugged the charger, leave it on side by side .
    I did that
    Unplugged the chargers @ 12am and in the morning when I woke up, my iPhone 4s battery is on 84% where my 9900 battery is 47%

Wtf, the phone is only on standby, I didn't even touch them at all.

Last edited by 10-Dee-Q; 10-28-11 at 05:38 AM.
    10-28-11 05:32 AM
    I own both iphone 4s and Blackberry 9900 and in my case the battery on my 9900 is worse than the iPhone
    My iPhone 4s can last for almost a day (a little bit worse than the iPhone 4) but my 9900 can only last for half a day.

Charge both phone till 100% , both phone must be on the same network. Then just unplugged the charger, leave it on side by side .
    I did that
    Unplugged the chargers @ 12am and in the morning when I woke up, my iPhone 4s battery is on 84% where my 9900 battery is 47%

You must have something running in the background on your 9900 or there's something wrong with it, mine never looses more then 5% overnight

Don't forget anything you leave running on the BB will keep running, not put to sleep as on the iphone.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-28-11 at 05:51 AM.
    10-28-11 05:49 AM
    Nope , nothing running on both phone
    I did battry pull before I test that
    And I restart the iPhone as well

You mean your 9900 only losses 5% overnight ? That quite amazing.
    What OS do u use ? I'm using 439

bestsprayer likes this.
    10-28-11 05:53 AM
    Nope , nothing running on both phone
    I did battry pull before I test that
    And I restart the iPhone as well

You mean your 9900 only losses 5% overnight ? That quite amazing.
    What OS do u use ? I'm using 439

.440 leak

Sometimes if the battery is low when I get home from work I leave it on charge till it's fully charged. It never lost more then 5% and that's with a little use before going to bed. Also I always have a few bbms/emails etc in the morning from friends overseas so it's not just seating idle.

10-28-11 05:57 AM

I did that

There must be something wrong, I lose 4% - 6% overnight (11.00pm - 6.00am).
    10-28-11 06:36 AM
    same to me,it lose only 4-6 % over night and can hold me through a day with moderate usage running on .440 leaked I think something might be wrong
    10-28-11 06:40 AM
    Yep, my battery life is outstanding also. I have original .254 os and I'm afraid to change because this phone is flawless now that I have everything setup just right. I use mine hard almost daily and after 16 hours I usuall have half the battery life left...sometimes a little less but not usually.

10-28-11 06:41 AM
    I am afraid that my 4S has replaced my Blackberry and I am not looking back. It has now been 3-4 months and instead of going back and forth between the two, the iPhone 4S won me over.

Never thought this would happen
    10-28-11 06:47 AM
    awesome, i reckon this is the best combination.
    10-28-11 06:54 AM
    You have to have something wrong. I took my 9900 down from charger this morning, being on BES, online on gtalk and win messenger, 10 e-mails, 3 replies, every hour twitter, facebook and bereader, one call (10 minutes), 5sms and after 6 hours I had still 90% of the battery. Display on minimum (more then enough for me) and 2G or wifi, bluetooth still ON, firmware 439 official, but sort of same was on 353. I am keeping my my phone every night on charger anyway, usually ending busy day (today is a public holiday in Czech, so weekend sort of) on 50-60%.
    10-28-11 07:01 AM
    I like the 9900 for the flexibility it offers in how I interact with it. I'm given a touchscreen, a trackpad, a menu key, and a keyboard, and I can choose to use whichever combination of those that appeal to me at any given time. (I don't always choose to use the same combination to accomplish the same things either.)
    Well said.
    10-28-11 07:16 AM
    I am afraid that my 4S has replaced my Blackberry and I am not looking back. It has now been 3-4 months and instead of going back and forth between the two, the iPhone 4S won me over.

Simple things for simple minds and all that...i still have my ip4 but dear god i could never use that as a daily device...it would drive me nuts but for my mp3s, web browsing and a few apps...it does its job. Luckily for me i have the best of both worlds my 9900 as my daily workhorse and my ip4 as my multimedia device.
    10-28-11 07:44 AM

Didn't Android replace your Blackberry already or am I thinking of somebody else?

10-28-11 07:59 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD