Hi all, I've been lurking on the website for some time but just set up a forum account. My question revolves around call clarity and quality of the new BB 9900 phones.

The reason I'm asking is my iphone 4 seems to lately just have bad reception and weak signals here in southern Ontario - almost like its degraded over time. As well, the more I think about the only think iphone has going for it is the apps, which i'll admit arent really used by me that often...great you can use them but i dont use many of them.

Any info. would be great, thanks guys!
    (if anyone has owned both it would be even better!)
    08-16-11 07:51 PM
    Hi all, I've been lurking on the website for some time but just set up a forum account. My question revolves around call clarity and quality of the new BB 9900 phones.

The reason I'm asking is my iphone 4 seems to lately just have bad reception and weak signals here in southern Ontario - almost like its degraded over time. As well, the more I think about the only think iphone has going for it is the apps, which i'll admit arent really used by me that often...great you can use them but i dont use many of them.

Any info. would be great, thanks guys!
    (if anyone has owned both it would be even better!)
    Who is your carrier? Just curious. I'm on Verizon, had a Storm 2 for two years, and now an iPhone4. I haven't really noticed a difference in call quality. If I had to pick one, I'd say the S2 was a TINY bit better, but that's if I had to pick one. Too close to call, and not enough to make any difference.
    08-17-11 10:03 AM
    People blamed AT&T for the iPhone reception but when they went to Verizon it became clear that it was not, at least in its entirety, a carrier problem. Then you have antenna gate where the phone just drops your calls if you don't have a bumper on it.
    I had an iPhone and got a Torch. Much happier now. For full disclosure, I had a Tour with Verizon and left BB loving the keyboard and hardware but got tired of the crashes and it did not even have wifi. When the Torch came out I came back running to BB and have been happy but with the new Bold 9900 I will be in phone bliss. This thing is just awesome!
    All the things I've always loved about BB and now, finally a great browsing experience and very powerful processor. Besides I can't wait to use the augmented reality apps.
    08-17-11 11:31 AM
    Have an iphone 4, used a 9800 and then a 9000 while waiting for my 9900. i have to say call quality is way better with blackberrys. Have dropped calls with the iphone but never with the blackberries.
    08-17-11 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD