...Oh sure, they laugh and tease me for having an "antique" that won't even play Angry Birds! (Oh no!) They react as though games and music trumps function!.
    I'm sure they also complain about battery life.
    eBud likes this.
    06-07-11 09:37 PM
    i will go for blackberry bold torch over an iphone because i likes blackberry more..imessage is not a big deal, iphone world already has a number of options whatsapp, pingchat etc that do the same..also, you still need to turn on iphone to check ios5 android like pull down notifications..nothing beats led in notification..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 12:04 AM
    I have torch and love it. Looking at the current market, iPhone/android will kill BB. The more I look at BB, the more boring. Look at the new upcoming phone (torch 2, bold touch, monacco, apollo, or whatever), that's year-2000 phone.
    06-08-11 06:05 AM
    Have you jailbroken it?
    I have indeed and its still buggy as **** and i only have 3 jb apps that i use...ive found it slowing down over the day...leaks memory like crazy...ill start the day with 300+mb of RAM by midday im down to 150mb of RAM.

JB'ing isnt all that tbh...thats why im eagerly waiting for iOS5 to come out so i can do away with jb'ing although ill miss the sbs settings app.

Like i said using my iphone4 as a daily workhorse is just not possible...typing on it isnt easy, im always finding myself going back and correcting words as the auto correct on the iphone4 is truly rubbish then coupled with the fact that you get absolutely no feedback when typing....it doesnt make for a pleasant experience.
    06-08-11 06:33 AM
    I have both a bold and an iphone 4 on verizon. I assume that the iphone 5 and new bold will be similar to their current device partners.

I use the bold for email at work, and thats about it. The browser is very incapable compared to the iphone. The iphone is just so much more powerful, and it makes so many things just easier. Checking out bank statements, credit cards, personal email, and checking any sports is 100x easier on the iphone. And it gets it done so much faster.

There isn't a contest in my opinion. Unless you HAVE to have a keyboard, I would stick with the iphone and pass on the bold. It just does so much more.
    06-08-11 06:48 AM
    This is Apples (well, yeah, pun intented) and Oranges (or BlackBerrys) IF? both devices have similar hardware 1.2ghz, 768MB, 16GB (carriers may? include 8GB microSDHC card w/Bold 9900/9930) Then it really is just what form factor you'd be more comfortable with. Touchscreen or Qwerty keyboard. IMO though, RIM is the company playing extreme catch-up, and they need the Bold 9900/9930 out June 21st (FIRST day of summer) and not play "David and Goliath" with iphone 4S in September. Apple has the bigger foot...sqwish!!! lol. C'mon RIM give us the Bold 9900/9930 late June-mid July baby!
    06-08-11 07:22 AM
    I watched the youtube video of ios5 and I must say that I was .....NOT impressed....the only feature of it that I was remotely interested in was the (I forget what its called) the one that allows u to set reminders based off location(coming/going)...that one was cool....other than that, I simply just can't bring myself to desire an iphone...I'm not knocking it; i just like BB OS better.....I'll be picking up a Bold Touch 1st week if not first day....as to bbOS competing with ios, that's not any of my concern...I like what I like and that's all that matters
    06-08-11 07:24 AM
    My Torch is an aggravating pos. The iPhone is far worse though. Far worse. The Bold touch form factor will hopefully overcome all the hideous deficiencies in the OS and BIS and make my BB experience a net positive again.
    [email protected] likes this.
    06-08-11 08:37 AM
    So if apple designed their new iphone with the look of the 9900, but the os of iOS5, how many people would be swayed? My previous iphone broke and was forced into buying a new phone early so my upgrade is out the window, so I will buy the 9900 at full price but it sounds like what most of you guys like is the BB design over the OS
    I don't like iOS at all. I do like BB's form factors and the OS - it has everything I need and it all just works.

06-08-11 08:44 AM
    I currently have a 9700 (personal) and 9780 (for work) I think iOS is an excellent smartphone OS and iMessage will be much more useful to me than BBM (I know more people with iPhones than BBs).

The keyboard is the only thing tempting me to stick with my personal BB (or get a 9900). The Bold series keyboards are the best. I would never get a BB with a torch or storm form factor, I don't see the point.
    06-08-11 08:58 AM
    I currently have a 9700 (personal) and 9780 (for work) I think iOS is an excellent smartphone OS and iMessage will be much more useful to me than BBM (I know more people with iPhones than BBs).

The keyboard is the only thing tempting me to stick with my personal BB (or get a 9900). The Bold series keyboards are the best. I would never get a BB with a torch or storm form factor, I don't see the point.
    Do you guys realize that you can get a BlackBerry for BBM and get and iPod Touch and use iMessage on wifi?
    06-08-11 09:10 AM
    Watching the keynote show was scary for me. I have an ip4 in my collection of phones and an iPad and I like them a whole lot. The way these guys talk is cult-like though-- instead of saying "hey, we have something that'll help you in your daily life"... they're assuming and hoping that your life revolves around their OS instead. It's a bloody phone for sh!t's sake. There to make phone calls when I need, there to remind me I have an appointment, and there to deliver my emails.....
    These guys are scary. And alot of you know Exactly what I mean.

Their adding features to iOS that you can (for almost all) choose whether or not to use.

Not really sure where the cult-like comparisons come from in there.

As for the OP....personally I'm sticking with my iPhone. My biggest gripe about iOS (notifications) is being addressed in a way that is sufficient for me. For what I do the iPhone fits my needs perfectly (personally I prefer the way iOS handles mail compared to BB, iTunes integration, compatibility with my Mac, multimedia strength, apps). I don't know if I would call iMessage a "BBM killer", but I definitely would call it a potential SMS killer.

That said choosing a mobile device is not a one size fits all proposition. You need to figure out what is best for you and then go with that. If having a physical keyboard and BES access is important to you (or if you just prefer the BB OS), well then maybe the 9900 is the way to go.
    dredewten85 likes this.
    06-08-11 09:24 AM
    I think June 25th is where i draw the line. If the 9900 doesn't get released before then, I'll be forced to get the iPhone 4... which sucks.
    06-10-11 10:24 AM
    I think June 25th is where i draw the line. If the 9900 doesn't get released before then, I'll be forced to get the iPhone 4... which sucks.
    There is no chance that the 9900 will be released before June 25th.
    06-10-11 10:44 AM
    There is no chance that the 9900 will be released before June 25th.

What proof do you have to back that up? Last time I checked there wasnt anyone that could give an exact release date for the 9900..

Its actually schedueled for the "beginning of the summer", says a RIM representative. So unless you work for RIM/Carrier, then there is no chance you'd ever know.
    06-10-11 11:50 AM
    Its actually schedueled for the "beginning of the summer", says a RIM representative.
    "Beginning this summer" NOT "Beginning of the summer"

06-10-11 11:54 AM
    What proof do you have to back that up? Last time I checked there wasnt anyone that could give an exact release date for the 9900..

Its actually schedueled for the "beginning of the summer", says a RIM representative. So unless you work for RIM/Carrier, then there is no chance you'd ever know.
    Today's date is June 10 so June 25th is about two weeks away. If the 9900 was going to be available in two weeks we would already know at this point.
    06-10-11 11:56 AM
    I watched the youtube video of ios5 and I must say that I was .....NOT impressed....the only feature of it that I was remotely interested in was the (I forget what its called) the one that allows u to set reminders based off location(coming/going)...that one was cool....other than that, I simply just can't bring myself to desire an iphone...I'm not knocking it; i just like BB OS better.....I'll be picking up a Bold Touch 1st week if not first day....as to bbOS competing with ios, that's not any of my concern...I like what I like and that's all that matters
    Geofencing. They're not the only ones capable of doing that but it's really slick. Apple is the ultimate copycat. GREAT marketing.
    06-10-11 12:12 PM
    I just don't see a phone, that after being announced, be released 3-4 months later.. Doesn't make sense to me that's all.
    06-10-11 02:00 PM
    I just don't see a phone, that after being announced, be released 3-4 months later.. Doesn't make sense to me that's all.
    That may be why RIMs stock has not been doing so well. See the following thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...on-yet-622090/
    06-10-11 04:08 PM
    IOS 5 is nothing right now, you need a NEW device to show case it but since the iphone 4s or 5 was a no show IOS 5 is just sitting there. IMessage WILL NOT kill bbm. IMessage looks just like sms on the iphone soo.. there's really nothing to kill on bbm
    06-10-11 04:39 PM
    Why are people deleting BBM?

Head to Head Video: BlackBerry Messenger vs. Apple iMessage! | CrackBerry.com

Posters in that thread has brought up some good points, BBM will still be ahead. IOS is bland and boring, I have an iPod Touch and I never use it, you can't really do much with it and I take physical keyboard over virtual anyday (I've had to deal with it on Android as well).
    06-10-11 05:06 PM
    Today's date is June 10 so June 25th is about two weeks away. If the 9900 was going to be available in two weeks we would already know at this point.
    And plus Summer doesn't officially start Until June 21st....and they have been saying, "Beginning In the Summer"....
    06-10-11 05:23 PM
    I was at first very very intrigued with iMessage. After watching the video it doesn't look like anything special. The interface looks and feels exactly like text messaging. We'll see when it comes out.
    06-10-11 05:32 PM
    I am going to stick with BB and SMS. I have an unlimited text message plan and I will not spend more money to add more onto my Data plan. I don't use BBM at all because all my friends don't have BB.
    06-10-11 05:43 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD