One thing I do miss about my HTC Desire HD is how fast it zipped through the internet and loaded full-site pages effortlessly, even when not using wifi.

I'm really hoping the 9900 will be a bit faster than the 9780. Can anyone clarify this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    JoJoCal19 likes this.
    07-11-11 07:15 AM
    The 9900 is faster than my iPhone 4 and 9780. It is as fast as my Samsung Galaxy S2. The 9900 will not dissapoint.
    LikeWebOS likes this.
    07-11-11 07:22 AM
    That's very good to know and I hope you're serious

07-11-11 07:29 AM
    I am serious. The touch feature also comes in very handy and pages and images move buttery smooth. Smoother than a iPhone. It is amazing what a faster CPU does to a device.
    07-11-11 07:40 AM
    That's awesome dude. The wait is killing me. Whilst I have your attention, how is the battery life? It's been bugging me a little.

07-11-11 07:42 AM
    That's great to hear! I really annoy's the crap out of me when my wilfe on her iPhone blazes through sites and I'm sitting waiting on ESPN Mobile to load! Can't wait for this to be released.
    07-11-11 07:49 AM
    The 9900 is faster than my iPhone 4 and 9780. It is as fast as my Samsung Galaxy S2. The 9900 will not dissapoint.
    Better than the iP4 at rendering whole non-mobile pages? If so then it would be one step closer to replacing my iP4 as primary. Camera being the other holdup.
    07-11-11 08:08 AM
    Faster than your Galaxy S2??? wow... isn't that a dual core phone??? that is impressive if it holds true.
    07-11-11 12:55 PM
    ...But will it be faster than the iphone 5? again, being almost a year behind in technology is NOT a good thing in the smartphone device world. The Bold 9900/9930 expected release date 08/21-28 in the US, and the iphone 5 September 07-14. The iphone 5 WILL be an A5 dual core processor with an 8MP cam and possible 1GB RAM and an ipad2 design with 3.7" screen and better retina. Sorry, but c'mon...RIM always stays a year behind on EVERYONE, and we all just gush that it's "almost close, but NOT quite"
    07-11-11 01:10 PM
    ...optimistic as ever Lefty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 01:14 PM
    ...But will it be faster than the iphone 5? again, being almost a year behind in technology is NOT a good thing in the smartphone device world. The Bold 9900/9930 expected release date 08/21-28 in the US, and the iphone 5 September 07-14. The iphone 5 WILL be an A5 dual core processor with an 8MP cam and possible 1GB RAM and an ipad2 design with 3.7" screen and better retina. Sorry, but c'mon...RIM always stays a year behind on EVERYONE, and we all just gush that it's "almost close, but NOT quite"
    So what's your point? No matter how fast any of these phones are, there's always going to be something faster eventually. Why is having the fastest web browsing speed so important when you can have pretty damn fast plus everything else a BlackBerry offers? Get the iPhone 5 if that's what's gonna float your boat.

07-11-11 01:22 PM
    So what's your point? No matter how fast any of these phones are, there's always going to be something faster eventually. Why is having the fastest web browsing speed so important when you can have pretty damn fast plus everything else a BlackBerry offers? Get the iPhone 5 if that's what's gonna float your boat.

Apple themselves have shown us that hardware specs aren't everything. I've known for months that the bold 9900 will not be up to date with other flagship smartphones but as long as it does everything I want it to do and it does it well I will be pleased.
    07-11-11 02:01 PM
    On a 9900 (w/ unlimited BB data plan) paired with a PB, which one would be faster in terms of browsing and downloading on the PB.

PB bridged with BB or PB via hotspot of BB?

Thanks in advance.
    01-31-12 04:52 AM
    Here is the other thing to consider too. I hate the "spinners" on Ios for creating appointments, etc. There is time wasted screwing around with those things. So, when you're getting ready to check out at lets say a doctors appt. or something, and you're trying to input another appt. there is a time savings there as well. The streamlined design is another thing to consider. I use my ipad sometimes for creating appts. and really hate it. for that.
    01-31-12 08:41 AM
    Browser is pretty fast. One thing though: On full heavy desktop version sites you better wait for it to fully load if you don't wanna get checker-boarded to death. That's my only complaint so far. Then again I'm not using the latest 7.1 OS so there might be the problem
    01-31-12 09:04 AM
    It will be faster only if you're one of the lucky people who get a 9900 that actually holds your carrier's 3g/4g signal. Since mine won't and I have to use the old 2g/Edge network, my online speed is awful so I rarely use it. And as the battery drains through the day, the signal issue only gets worse.
    01-31-12 09:09 AM
    Let's put it this way. This past friday, it was me and my woman and my best friend and his woman, out and about trying to find a restaurant. We got lost (he was driving, not I) and we decided we needed help.

He has an iPhone 4s and I have a 9900. He used Siri and summoned a route to the restaurant. I used my good old fashioned fingers, and pulled the restaurant up on my telenav.

The end results? I had the restaurant pulled up on navigation with a route plotted, in less time than my buddy took to tell siri to locate us the restaurant... And plot it on a MAP. He didn't even have turn by turn.. He had a stupid topical map to look at!

He had always bragged about his 4s until that day. I haven't heard one blackberry slander since then
    01-31-12 09:21 AM
    Browser is pretty fast. One thing though: On full heavy desktop version sites you better wait for it to fully load if you don't wanna get checker-boarded to death. That's my only complaint so far. Then again I'm not using the latest 7.1 OS so there might be the problem
    I have the latest 7.1 leak and its still best to wait until the full page loads although it is much better tham previous builds.
    01-31-12 10:50 AM
    These Bolds are so much faster than os6 out the box. Get the latest updates and its like having a new even faster phone !
    01-31-12 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD