Hey! Please help me!
    (I know there has been sum discussion about this, but all very long ago..)
    I received my bold touch 9900 as an upgrade in october 2011. I experienced problems with the screen freezing for no reason and very short battery life. About a month after I got the phone, the internal lcd cracked, or thats what I assumed happened. I never dropped my phone, I always kept it in its pouch, and there is absolutely no scratches or any physical damage to the handset. Yet when I took it for repair under warranty, they told me the crack was caused by physical damage, and I had to pay for the repairs!
    I would like to know if it is possible for the lcd to break without external physical damage, and if so, what can I tell the service provider to make them fix it under warranty? Or what I should do!?
    12-09-11 06:16 AM
    yeah I know it sounds a bit crazy.. but I was the only person nearby! and unless Im developing memory loss, it really did not fall or bump.. but thx for reply!
    12-09-11 11:52 AM
    Do you carry the device in a tight pocket? That would be a possible cause of the cracked LCD.
    12-09-11 11:56 AM
    Did you use the RIM's OEM holster? Some people here as well as at my work complained that it cause problems such as keys falling off and such...

I am sorry to hear this and I hope you can directly contact RIM and get to the bottom of this issue. If the screen cracked itself without dropping, this is the first time I heard about it. I work at a mobile store part time and I never came across a cracked 9900 so far so I don't think this is a widespread issue.

If in cause they don't replace it, There are companies that provide services for replacement screens out there. Keep us updated on your situation.
    12-09-11 12:01 PM
    12-09-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD