Ok just made today's daily call. (I have decided I'm going to call daily until they sell me the phone ) Of course she had no info and said I probably knew more than she did, BUT she did agree with me when I said that I would hold my upgrade for a week or two and then be "happy" At that point she agreed that yes in a week or two I would most likely be happy!
    08-11-11 12:46 PM
    alright I called a store thats about 20 min away and they are in the middle of all the big companies in our city so I figured they have a lot of BB clients and the sales ppl should be in the know better then other locations because of their client base and the guy was nice told me end of the month but when I said end of the month like 30 or 31st? he was reluctant to tell me so he said 20 something lol so I assume the stores are getting them for the 25th release so i hope the online will have it the week b4 but im going to call another one that in close to that area hoping I can get a 2nd opinion....

I just want to know the date so I can plan for it and move on c'mon vzw ur not the CIA
    08-11-11 12:53 PM
    i need/want the phone b4 the 19th !!!
    08-11-11 01:15 PM
    I found this on a different forum:

NEW INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!

My "friend" from Verizon called me because he knew I had been pestering them for some time now and "officially" told me this:

Online orders = August 18th

In-Store Orders = August 24th or 25th..I can't remember which date BUT it was one of the two.

I asked him how sure was he and he said they have it in writting but there could always be a reason to bump it back.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    It sounds like this information is pretty reliable.... so let's hope that when we get on Verizon's site in about a week, it will be there.

Edit: This was posted by TMElectric in a forum called VerizonRelease...August 17th
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-17th-636608/
    Last edited by sigmagirl2011; 08-11-11 at 01:22 PM.
    08-11-11 01:18 PM
    ^ im hoping
    08-11-11 01:25 PM
    i logged a complaint about Verizon not announcing the phone and this is the response I received...

Dear xxxx xxxxxxx,
    Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website, my name is Adriane and I will be happy to address your concerns today regarding the current and future devices that Verizon Wireless offers.
    I apologize for the delay in the response to your email.
    I can certainly understand your anticipation for any new devices that Verizon Wireless may offer. At this time, I can advise that Verizon Wireless has not announced a release date for the Blackberry Bold Touch device as this device has not been produced or provided by Blackberry. I can confirm that Blackberry does provide the same devices to many carriers. In some instances, devices are exclusively made for a specific carrier based on their service type and contractual agreements made between the wireless service provider and manufacture.
    As you have expressed an interest in the Blackberry devices, I can recommend reviewing Blackberry�s website for any additional information that may be provided by the manufacture as this information has yet to be communicated to Verizon Wireless.
    I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. ******
    In our industry, the Droid devices are devices best that allows our customers to customize their devices to their specific needs and wants. As we began to offer Droid devices in the year 2009, the demand and the desire for theses devices have increased. For this reason, many manufactures have produced more Droid devices to best satisfy our customer base.
    Additionally, as our consumer, your business is valued; however we understand that at anytime you have the option to choose the service provider of your choice. Moreover, Verizon Wireless offers a great selection of products and services so that our customers can play videos and music, download applications and utilize touch screen capabilities. For a list of available music-capable wireless devices and for great information on why Verizon Wireless is the best choice for wireless service, please visit the following Verizon Wireless websites:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=R4JZ3DyA
    Why Verizon Wireless*
    In further review of your account, I show that the lines ending in 5592 and 4424 are currently eligible to upgrade to new devices at the discounted price. You may take advantage of upgrading online via My Verizon to a new device of your choice with instant online savings or mail in rebates depending upon the device you choose.
    Lastly, I have reviewed your account and I show that you are currently benefitting from your current calling plan and features; please continue to manage your account online via My Verizon.
    I make it my personal goal to address all of your wireless concerns. I hope I have done that for you today by addressing your concerns today regarding the current and future devices that Verizon Wireless offers.
    We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
    Adriane
    Verizon Wireless
    Internet Response Team
    08-12-11 08:13 AM
    ROFLMAO, even via email they are trying to sell you a Droid!!!!!!!
    08-12-11 09:16 AM
    Why would anyone want a Droid? I was reading an article yesterday that stated on any given day there are 550,000 droid phones sold. The article did not specify one carrier over another. On that same given day there are 30-40 percent of them returned. That is an average of about 200,000 of them returned daily.

There was another article that I was reading were an store manager stated that since the old Bold is gone it should be within a couple of weeks that the new phones would be in. He could not give a date.

Now when somebody says it is from a reliable source, I know it is a bunch of trash. And Verizon has turned out to be just like the military in the ("Hurry up and wait") department.

So we all "Hurry up and wait."
    08-12-11 09:47 AM
    I'm on hold with Verizon, they are trying to order me a 9930!!!!!! Maybe these daily calls are gonna work! WOW this rep went out of her way for me. She told me she can see it in the system, but can't order it YET, but she's going to call ME back on monday to follow up and try to pre order it again!!!!!
    08-12-11 10:09 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mation-637499/

i got off the phone with cal and he gave me the same information as above.

i was hoping he would get it earlier but no luck there.
    08-12-11 11:56 AM
    I'm about to make a visit to the Verizon store across the street!
    08-12-11 12:10 PM
    just went to NYC store (57th and 6th) - guy had no clue - "are you even getting it?" - response: "i hope so" - useless
    08-12-11 12:44 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD