just came back. the girl at least knew what the 9930 was. she said they should have it next week. but then i told her about my phone call earlier with a man by the name of cal.lol. and she said ''oh he would know more then i would so if he said today or tommorrow there must be some truth to it. so tommorrow i'll go back early to talk to cal and see what he says ...
    I hope you camped out.....
    LuckyDad likes this.
    08-11-11 08:09 AM
    anyone on the east coast call a store and find anything out today? Stores dont open for another 2 hours here in socal
    08-11-11 10:21 AM
    They aren't online or in store. They aren't coming this week i don't think
    08-11-11 10:25 AM
    well im going to the store in about an hour during my lunch break. i'll let u guys know what CAL tells me.
    08-11-11 10:32 AM
    well im going to the store in about an hour during my lunch break. i'll let u guys know what CAL tells me.
    *woota8, cal. i like this person.
    08-11-11 10:46 AM
    Should I take off work tomorrow and take a drive up the NJ turnpike? (I'm in Philly) lol
    08-11-11 10:58 AM
    Should I take off work tomorrow and take a drive up the NJ turnpike? (I'm in Philly) lol
    Why yes you should! You're starting to feel bad.....there is a stomach bug going around.
    08-11-11 11:02 AM
    While yes that car salesmen couldn't sell me what isn't on the lot yet... I bet they know everything about the 2012 models getting ready to hit the lots
    That isn't always the case. I have heard the funny lines of, "I don't read about cars I just sell them."

And there were MANY dealers at the time that knew MUCH MUCH less about the vehicle in my avatar than I did. Of course that vehicle sold itself but you get the idea.
    Last edited by flyersfan76; 08-11-11 at 11:38 AM.
    08-11-11 11:04 AM
    I will let u know once i find out. about 30 more minutes.
    i just have a feeling im going to walk out the store dissapointed
    I just called cal back and he wasn't in but now the girl who answered is telling me that she won't get them till fall? wtf? Damnnnn u Cal!

So I called Verizon and the CSR actually told me that she sees the memo of them getting the 9930 and it has NO release date, BUT the positive thing is she looked and is aware they are getting the phone but no date to give out
    Hey PK, can you guess for us what it means when the old Bolds get deleted from the VZ site AND store displays all in one day?
    08-11-11 11:06 AM

Cal^
    technik1 and tliolos like this.
    08-11-11 11:06 AM
    I called the local Verizon store and all I got was "No, we don't have a date for arrival".....so I called a Verizon reseller in a nearby town (Sayre, PA) and specifically asked about the 9930 - THIS guy put me on hold for a minute, only to come back and tell me the phone was on their "end of life" list and that they were very "scarce". ROFL
    Last edited by Smmrgrl; 08-11-11 at 11:17 AM.
    08-11-11 11:10 AM
    I will let u know once i find out. about 30 more minutes.
    i just have a feeling im going to walk out the store dissapointed
    I have the same feeling...good luck.
    08-11-11 11:11 AM
    I just called cal back and he wasn't in but now the girl who answered is telling me that she won't get them till fall? wtf? Damnnnn u Cal!

So I called Verizon and the CSR actually told me that she sees the memo of them getting the 9930 and it has NO release date, BUT the positive thing is she looked and is aware they are getting the phone but no date to give out
    -SMH-
    should i even bother going since cal isnt there?
    did u happen to ask if he was going to be in at all today ? lol proably not
    08-11-11 11:18 AM
    i didnt ask but don't waste your lunch hour i would just call him later and see what he says
    08-11-11 11:40 AM
    All this runaround from Verizon is making me depressed. haha. Every single time you call, you either get what seems like a scripted "I have not heard of any new bb coming to Verizon soon", or "We will get it, just not sure when" or you get some people who think they know when these phones are being released, but really don't.

I know that Verizon has this reputation of holding out until the last second to announce their phones and then release them, but for once I would just like to know when these things are coming out. I know by reading the other dozen posts about Verizon and these phone that a lot of people are getting frustrated with them for not at least officially announcing that they will carry the phones. I do appreciate the fact that you heard from someone who says they are getting the 9930- that gives me much hope.
    I just have a feeling that if Verizon doesn't at least make an announcement before Sprint's release date of 8-21 that many people are going to switch carriers (This seems to be the threat people are throwing out when trying to get information about these phone). I personally hope that Verizon is smart enough to put both the 9930 and the 9850 out before Sprint in an attempt to gain some customers who don't want to wait for Sprint's relaese date.

But thanks everyone for calling your local Verizon stores and finding out what you did, it at least gives me reassurance that they actually are getting this phone (although I would have been stoked to see them released today as Cal said).
    08-11-11 11:45 AM
    Just called the store here in Reston VA, and he said he doesn't know, but he said they just took some BBs off the shelves and reps from RIM are coming in shorty to talk to them. So it might end up around the time Sprint gets them i hope.

Called another place close and that guy was clueless, hasn't even heard of the phone.
    08-11-11 11:55 AM
    I told her that Sprint announced the release for the 21st and I will get it there unless Verizon is getting them and I was really nice about it not being rude so she was really helpful im just hoping it wasn't BS lol
    08-11-11 11:58 AM
    well. i went in. asked about the phone. she said they dont have it yet. i told her about my conversation with cal. she said he doesnt work today. i left. good news is i got euro bbq for lunch.
    Alia likes this.
    08-11-11 12:03 PM
    I told her that Sprint announced the release for the 21st and I will get it there unless Verizon is getting them and I was really nice about it not being rude so she was really helpful im just hoping it wasn't BS lol
    Yeah it seems that way, i mentioned sprint getting them the 21st also, and he was nice and just said that they dont know a date, just that they pulled the bolds off the floor and awaiting ppl to come in and i guess train them for the new phone.
    08-11-11 12:04 PM
    Just called the store here in Reston VA, and he said he doesn't know, but he said they just took some BBs off the shelves and reps from RIM are coming in shorty to talk to them. So it might end up around the time Sprint gets them i hope.

Called another place close and that guy was clueless, hasn't even heard of the phone.
    I just called the Reston store and was told they don't have a confirmed release date, but possibly the 18th.
    StevesBerries likes this.
    08-11-11 12:05 PM
    really? - people would switch to sprint to get the phone a week (or two) earlier? - that's absurd
    08-11-11 12:06 PM
    I just called the Reston store and was told they don't have a confirmed release date, but possibly the 18th.
    Awsome thanx!

really? - people would switch to sprint to get the phone a week (or two) earlier? - that's absurd
    I think he just said that so maybe they would work better to give him information in fear of losing a customer. I dunno i could be wrong.
    08-11-11 12:19 PM
    Sounds like Y'all got punk'd by Cal and 13. Congratz...
    08-11-11 12:27 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD