My wife and I both bought this phone yesterday, we both love it! Can't get over how awesome it feels to type on this kb and how the phone feels in your hands is just amazingly comfortable. Feels almost too thin but isn't, almost too light but is the perfect weight. The screen isn't too small but personally I won't have mind if they made the phone a tad longer (.5") and put in a bigger screen. We thought about swapping to Iphone5 but after using this phone for a day, we definity will stay loyal to Blackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I want both phones, but if Verizon gets both right away im leaning towards the bold since that has been the phone I wanted since the 9000 and I have the storm 1 and the thunderbolt, i like the thunderbolt alot but i miss the BB keyboard I seem to type better and faster on it, so as my work phone I use my BB bold and was using a HTC trophy for a few weeks and could not stand it I hate that phone it just is not what the hype should be on a Win7 phone.
    I think bold now and torch in December
    08-10-11 12:28 PM
    I hate to be pessimistic, but isn't every person on this forum "waiting for them now"??? Thanks for the info, but I will believe it when I see it...
    lol yes but... this is a store we called and the person said it is currently being shipped to them and should arrive tonight or tomm.
    08-10-11 12:30 PM
    Yeah I called a store and the STORE said they are waiting for them now
    08-10-11 12:46 PM
    Yeah I called a store and the STORE said they are waiting for them now
    Was this a store mentioned above, or a different one?
    08-10-11 12:50 PM
    Oh I know, I hate how they show such preference to the droids and iphones. I really wonder if they are just clueless with regards to all the new blackberry phones or if they have all been instructed to give the same line... "we have no information about any new blackberry coming to verizon"
    All the retail mumbo jumbo annoys me too but we have to be mindful that these people have regular jobs and have to sell any and all things INSIDE the store. They have no time nor obligation to pestering bb fanatics like us, when the device has not even been announced by Vzw. Just saying.....

08-10-11 01:00 PM
    Verizon in Mishawaka, IN said no news, sounded like read from a script.

08-10-11 01:02 PM
    All the retail mumbo jumbo annoys me too but we have to be mindful that these people have regular jobs and have to sell any and all things INSIDE the store. They have no time nor obligation to pestering bb fanatics like us, when the device has not even been announced by Vzw. Just saying.....

This is true... but this is part of their job. When you are selling a product that draws such a following you should at the least be informed about up-coming products. Its not like that we are wanting information about a phone that doesn't exist yet... It is out and being sold be the competition.

Their responses could at least acknowledge that these phones exist... They make it sound like they have never herd of them.

EDIT: And if they, in fact, have never herd of them.... corporate verizon is just asking to loose its customers. Its not like they are the cheapest carrier. lol
    Last edited by AntiInsight; 08-10-11 at 01:17 PM.
    08-10-11 01:14 PM
    This is true... but this is part of their job. When you are selling a product that draws such a following you should at the least be informed about up-coming products. Its not like that we are wanting information about a phone that doesn't exist yet... It is out and being sold be the competition.

Their responses could at least acknowledge that these phones exist... They make it sound like they have never herd of them.

EDIT: And if they, in fact, have never herd of them.... corporate verizon is just asking to loose its customers. Its not like they are the cheapest carrier. lol
    you couldnt have put it in better words.
    08-10-11 01:51 PM
    actually, i think some of you have it backwards. there is an old saying you can't sell what you don't have. they are trained to sell what they have IN STOCK...not what they will be getting in later.

try walking onto a car lot and trying to buy a car that hasn't come out yet.
    jaylew likes this.
    08-10-11 02:19 PM
    actually, i think some of you have it backwards. there is an old saying you can't sell what you don't have. they are trained to sell what they have IN STOCK...not what they will be getting in later.

try walking onto a car lot and trying to buy a car that hasn't come out yet.
    While yes that car salesmen couldn't sell me what isn't on the lot yet... I bet they know everything about the 2012 models getting ready to hit the lots
    08-10-11 02:29 PM
    So I took some initiative and went into a vzw store in Pickerington, OH. The sales rep said he had not heard a single thing about any new BB's coming into their store or being sold by vzw. I then call another store on Broad Street in Columbus, OH and the girl that answered put me on hold when I asked her about the new 9930 specifically. She then came back after about 3 minutes of holding and said that yes, they were going to get it, but hadn't heard when. She told me to check back soon. I know these VZW mopes don't know much. But figured I would throw in my small inquisition into it.
    08-10-11 02:30 PM
    Our company's Verizon rep was here today - he was rockin' the 9930 and he let me mess with it for a few minutes. (Pretty sweet) I asked him the million dollar question and he gave me the the 2 cent answer..."tomorrow, next week, next month, not sure..."
    08-10-11 02:32 PM
    Our company's Verizon rep was here today - he was rockin' the 9930 and he let me mess with it for a few minutes. (Pretty sweet) I asked him the million dollar question and he gave me the the 2 cent answer..."tomorrow, next week, next month, not sure..."
    Omg what a tease... How dare he walk around with one and show it off while we are sitting here to suffer with no confirmed date! Haha
    08-10-11 02:34 PM
    im calling the store back around 5pm (est)
    08-10-11 02:40 PM
    exactly, but he won't tell you about them because they are trained not to let you leave the lot without buying something on it. same thing with phones. they only care about selling you what they have in stock.

why would they tell you about a phone they don't have when they know that you will buy from some other rep if they don't close you then.

While yes that car salesmen couldn't sell me what isn't on the lot yet... I bet they know everything about the 2012 models getting ready to hit the lots
    08-10-11 02:51 PM
    exactly, but he won't tell you about them because they are trained not to let you leave the lot without buying something on it. same thing with phones. they only care about selling you what they have in stock.

why would they tell you about a phone they don't have when they know that you will buy from some other rep if they don't close you then.

Because if I believe that they are not going to supply me with phone/car I want then there is the chance that I could go to a completely different carrier/dealership.Iin which case they would loose the entire possibility of a sale to someone else who is a little more informed about the up-coming products that I am interested in.
    always3rd likes this.
    08-10-11 02:58 PM
    What fun!!.....called 2 Verizon stores in Canton, Ohio....I asked if they had or when will they get the 9930. The first gal didn't know, put me on hold....came back on and said "I can't find anything or none of my co-workers know anything about a 9930 or ANY new BB coming soon".
    Got a guy the second call I asked him the same question and he didn't have a clue.....again put on hold and came back and said "we just got a shipment in (I really got excited at this point) but we didn't get any 9930 or other new BB. But call me back on Monday we have another shipment coming in and maybe we will have them then" now I asked him if he knows of the 9930 and he said and I quote " we have heard there might be some new BB coming in the next few months but haven't heard anything else".
    Aren't they something else?
    Side note: when I stopped at my ATT yesterday and asked one of the store guys...he said no clue and in a split second pulled out his HTC and started to show me and give me a pitch.......as I was walking away.
    Just sitting here in Canton reading all this crap and waiting on ATT to come around. Everyone seems to know and my guess is ATT at least Oct-Nov. They will try to push the Torch down our throats.
    08-10-11 03:09 PM
    What fun!!.....called 2 Verizon stores in Canton, Ohio....I asked if they had or when will they get the 9930. The first gal didn't know, put me on hold....came back on and said "I can't find anything or none of my co-workers know anything about a 9930 or ANY new BB coming soon".
    Got a guy the second call I asked him the same question and he didn't have a clue.....again put on hold and came back and said "we just got a shipment in (I really got excited at this point) but we didn't get any 9930 or other new BB. But call me back on Monday we have another shipment coming in and maybe we will have them then" now I asked him if he knows of the 9930 and he said and I quote " we have heard there might be some new BB coming in the next few months but haven't heard anything else".
    Aren't they something else?
    Side note: when I stopped at my ATT yesterday and asked one of the store guys...he said no clue and in a split second pulled out his HTC and started to show me and give me a pitch.......as I was walking away.
    Just sitting here in Canton reading all this crap and waiting on ATT to come around. Everyone seems to know and my guess is ATT at least Oct-Nov. They will try to push the Torch down our throats.

Oh i know, I kind of hope it comes out in the next couple days just so they all look like idiots (besides the fact that im also dying to get one! lol)
    08-10-11 03:14 PM
    that is kinda my point. they only care about making the sale for THEMSELVES that moment. very few reps work for long term gain in this business, or for the company...at least in my experience.

Because if I believe that they are not going to supply me with phone/car I want then there is the chance that I could go to a completely different carrier/dealership.Iin which case they would loose the entire possibility of a sale to someone else who is a little more informed about the up-coming products that I am interested in.
    08-10-11 03:18 PM
    el13adnino, any updates? Ferry street is not far from me and I'd be happy to make the trip! Maybe get some Ferrt St BBQ while i'm there, haha.
    08-10-11 05:32 PM
    yea i called. a different person picked up it was a girl. i asked about the 9930 she said she there was gonna be a shippment later so call back. im about to drive to the store since i pretty much have nothing else to do right now. until 9pm USA vs MEXICO. lol
    08-10-11 06:03 PM
    yea i called. a different person picked up it was a girl. i asked about the 9930 she said she there was gonna be a shippment later so call back. im about to drive to the store since i pretty much have nothing else to do right now. until 9pm USA vs MEXICO. lol
    Awesome. Thanks for keeping us updated on this. Looking forward to what you hear.
    08-10-11 06:06 PM
    just came back. the girl at least knew what the 9930 was. she said they should have it next week. but then i told her about my phone call earlier with a man by the name of cal.lol. and she said ''oh he would know more then i would so if he said today or tommorrow there must be some truth to it. so tommorrow i'll go back early to talk to cal and see what he says ...
    08-10-11 06:38 PM
    ok so i was kinda bored. so i decided to literally call ever verizon authorized store that i could and no1 could give me an exact date. but they ALL said this week or next week at most. but im still having a word with cal tommorrow.
    08-10-11 06:48 PM
    Looking forward to hearing what Cal has to say....
    08-11-11 07:51 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD