Hi All,

I'm another one of those massively frustrated AT&T customers who has been waiting over a year for the 9900 only to find that AT&T royally screwed me by holding out 3 months longer than everyone else. If it weren't for a corporate discount and multiple grandfathered unlimited plans, I'd kick them to the curb posthaste.

Regardless, I'm sick of waiting and would like to buy an unlocked (and ideally unbranded) Bold 9900 that is fully compatible with AT&T 3G bands (including H+). I'm willing to pay a reliable and trustworthy source or, ideally, I could use my 2-year upgrade to get a brand new AT&T Torch 2 (exclusive to AT&T for at least the next few months I believe), unlock it, and offer it as a trade (potentially with some extra cash thrown in as I'm aware the Bold is a more expensive device). This could be a good deal for someone who can use an upgrade for a discount on a 9900 and who's a fan of the Torch-style BBery but not on AT&T.

So if anyone has (a) recommendations for a good source to buy an unlocked/unbranded phone in the $550-$800 range or (b) is open to the trade mentioned above, please shoot me a message. I'm based in Manhattan and could do a deal locally with someone, or if anyone in the NYC area knows of a quality wireless shop w/unlocked 9900s I'd appreciate the recommendation.

Thanks in advance.
    08-18-11 12:29 AM
    How come AT&T has stopped Adopting the new Bolds recently? They didn't get the 9780 and now delaying the 9900? They are depriving their customers frrom the best RIM BlackBerrys
    08-18-11 12:47 AM
    How come AT&T has stopped Adopting the new Bolds recently? They didn't get the 9780 and now delaying the 9900? They are depriving their customers frrom the best RIM BlackBerrys
    It appears that AT&T seems to be under the impression all its customers want larger touch screens...maybe that's why they passed on the 9780. Or they really wanted to milk the exclusivity of the 9800.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 12:56 AM
    I bought mine from Volox Cellular - The Best Deals on unlocked phones! at their local store/office on Fifth avenue and 32nd St, in Manhattan.

When I bought mine almost a week ago, they had both branded and unbranded 9900's in stock(all unlocked) as well as 9810's(also unlocked in stock).

You can try giving them a call, I used them to buy my Bold 9000(Again, before it had launched in the US, I still remember the nicer red keyboards) and I've bought every subsequent device through them.
    Thanks for the tip, pinmidtown. I may go check out Volox later today as I'll be in the area.

Quick question -- Does anyone know if there is any difference in terms of bands between an unlocked Rogers-branded 9900, an unlocked and UNBRANDE 9900, and what will eventually be the AT&T 9900 if it's unlocked? I ask because I've seen conflicting info on this. I travel internationally a lot and want the most flexibility possible in terms of frequency support and 35G speeds. I realize that the 9900 is the way to go, I'm just not sure if there's a particular technical benefit to an unlocked version that's also unbranded (aside from the nicety of not having some carrier's brand on the device)?

Thanks.
    08-18-11 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD