By the way, I still can't figure out how to consistently do a hyperlink in crackberry.com forums for specific text? I paste the link beside the word that I want to be the hyperlink and I get a different result every time. Any way read below....

I ran into a problem with my notebook this evening and I have iYogi which is 24/7 PC tech support. They told me about a company that offers hardware warranty called "SquareTrade.com"Blackberry Warranty | Cell Phone Insurance Alternative | Mobile Phone Protection | SquareTrade Warranties

And they cover Mobile Devices, Tablets, PC's, etc...

So thought I'd pass this along as $124 for 2 years doesn't sound bad at all.

The coverage includes accidents, even full immersion in water...
    "Covered Issues: Both accidents (e.g., broken screen or other damage through drops AND liquid damage including full immersion) and out-of-warranty normal use failures (e.g., battery no longer charging or other hardware failures) are covered. We do not cover loss, theft, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse."

***EDIT***
    Just saw it doesn't include loss or theft, which mine does but I bought my insurance through Parrot AT&T. Can't remember exaxtly what I paid for it but I think it was $90 for 2 years but again, this was only available through the Parrot AT&T stores not the Corporate AT&T stores.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 08-17-11 at 03:08 AM.
    08-17-11 03:02 AM
    If you do this, you can use "school" as a coupon code which brings the coverage down to $99.24 for two years (which is $4.13 per month). I have bought eight SquareTrade warranties in the past and filed two claims before all with no hassle. I find they don't even try to fix sometimes, they just cut you a check for the retail price of the phone and you are free to shop.
    08-17-11 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD