I am never one to start discussions here and I always try to keep my grammar proper and my "I'm getting an iPhone" comments to a minimum.

I am simply here because it has been a few days since 7.1 was released from Verizon for the 9930. I want to know whether it should upgrade or not.

I am running 7.0 374 and the only drawback is the battery life. Has it been enough time to gauge the battery life on 7.1 to say it is better or worse than 7.0?

Is the general consensus pointing towards "don't upgrade because hotspot is not free and the battery life is the same?"

Also, the new BBM got rid of the fix in the last version that allowed you to hit aA and del to delete a whole new paragraph. You must, once again, hit aA and then scroll up to select all of the text and then delete it.

I think I spoke too much, but should I upgrade? I'll never give VZW the satisfaction of paying for a wifi hotspot, TAG doesn't faze me, and I really don't feel like redownloading apps...

A response in the form of "Yes" or "No" will suffice.

Thanks to all.
    01-12-12 11:17 AM
    no 10 char
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 11:22 AM
    I would say yes.

With bone stock 7.0.0.241, I get "stellar" battery life and normally over 28 hours. With 7.1 I had only "good" battery life and had to charge within about 24 hours. The small fixes were not enough that I needed to have 7.1.

With 7.1, I and others here on crackberry, noticed a drop from 100-> 92% batterin in 15-30 minutes and then tapers off to normal after that. I do not use meterberry to view this, only 6 tools.

But since your battery life is a problem on .374, upping to 7.1 may get you "good" battery life but not "stellar"
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 12:13 PM
    Yes, upgrade it especially if you have tethering included in your BIS plan. In addition to that I found the battery drain is at around 2.2% to 2.5% per hour with about 5 emails, 10 min of talk and constant FB and SMS messages totaling up to about 80 messages. This is a very good battery discharge rate.

I would update it just for the battery improvement along.
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 02:57 PM
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 03:16 PM
    I would say yes as well. Now tht I hve had the 7.1 OS running on my phone a cpl days it does seem to hve a little better battery life than 7.0.0.374 even with the drop from 99 to 91. The 7.1 has also seemed to fix a cpl other bugs from b4. U should try to download it and if its not better for u just go back to 374. Good luck.
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 03:19 PM
    Yes.

10char
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 04:20 PM
    I'm not upgrading yet. I ran Sprint's release for about a week and it was horrible. NFL app doesn't work and battery life was worse than 374.
    kazn3r likes this.
    01-12-12 04:36 PM
    still not convinced...

i do not have tethering enabled, or at least i think i dont. i have never asked for tethering.

what specific bugs? the current bug i have is that the BBM app does not let you hit aA and del to delete new text... that is back with the current update of BBM.

is the browser faster or the same (with and without wifi)?

i currently do not use the NFL app.

if battery life isnt any better than what i have now, i will not upgrade.
    01-12-12 11:10 PM
    I have tried 7.1 three times and the battery life is terrible. Went back to 7.0, 7.0.0.362 in fact. This OS is providing me a little bit battery life than .374 did. Its getting me a 1.5% lower discharge rate.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-12-12 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD