Getting a 9900 from ATT next week. Reading all these raves about how much better battery life is on version 503 of OS7 and wondering whether to install that asap after getting the new device. Anyone out there with an ATT Bold 9900 have any experience of whether that makes a significant difference?
    11-16-11 05:43 PM
    Makes a huge difference from the original OS, do it now so you don't have to go through the battery torture we experienced!

After the install, make sure you do a few battery pulls and let the battery drain out a few times. That worked for me!
    jnatny likes this.
    11-16-11 06:01 PM
    i am sooo having problems with this OS. wondering if i made a mistake on giving up on 474 which i thought (from my experience) was the best so far. i am only on my second day though and will try to do another running down of the battery to see if it helps any.

then the 540 comes out. urgggghhhh. will try to go another day with 503 until more news comes out for 540. i am fearing a return to 474 but people are saying to give it a couple of days, or more.
    11-17-11 11:54 AM
    @jnatny: congrats in advance! I just got mine last Thursday and I love it.

@selfishreflect: it's worth it to be just a little more patient than that. It can take longer than a couple days to see what your long-term results will be with an OS. I know with my Torch, it always seemed like after about a week in my results would SHIFT a bit, for better or worse. Who knows… maybe it was in my head…
    Anyway follow both the official and leaked threads for 503 and for 540 to keep your finger on the pulse of what other members think of them.
    11-17-11 12:37 PM
    Thanks to all of you for your replies. Despite selfishreflect's problems (and I hope you see some improvement soon) I think I'll go with 503 as a lot of people in these forums seem to be getting good results with it.
    DaddyFizzle likes this.
    11-17-11 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD