my 9900 could last a day and a half easily, and 2 days on light usage. as far as i could speculate, battery saving mode will adjust the brightness of the screen to an even lower setting than 10. Which is great for me as it is more than sufficient personally. I did however also notice drop in reception. In a particular basement carpark which i could get at least a 2G network previously, it dropped into no reception at all (meaning the SOS symbol) on .267 with BSM on.

I remembered someone speculated in a podcast, that perhaps the reason users report poorer battery life in poor reception area is due to the device trying to use more power to boost its reception. perhaps BSM tune down the amount of power that the device is allowed to consume to get proper reception???????

PURELY MY SPECULATION...
    02-24-12 01:15 PM
    Quick question, should I have just backed up my contacts, memopad, and calendar ONLY, not back up apps and get them after?
    Yes. Re-download and reinstall apps.
    02-24-12 01:52 PM
    Quick question, should I have just backed up my contacts, memopad, and calendar ONLY, not back up apps and get them after?
    I usually let apploader back up and restore everything when doing an update. Re-downloading apps is a pain.
    02-24-12 02:00 PM
    I was going to post a thread on this same issue as well. Amazing battery life on. 267.

I have battery saving mode on always as well. I actually went 2 full days without charging. No word of a lie. I know there are a lot of posters saying they last days with their battery.

I used to last a full day. By the end of the day I was around the 10% to 30% remaining.

It reminded me of my days when I was rocking my Bold 9700.
    02-24-12 06:13 PM
    I wanted to get the os 7.1 update on my phone but I try to do that today and it messed up my whole phone I had to reinstall the official os on my phone and restore everything I dunno if I did something wrong cause I tried to follow every instruction but that didn't work so I'm just gonna wait till my carrier get the update.. No use fixing something that was never broken.. Don't wanna mess up my phone ever again

Did you delete the "vendor.XML"?
    02-24-12 07:17 PM
    Why not? The OS controls many things. For example, it controls how often the phone looks for 3G/4G if it has dropped down to 2G. I assume it controls other background tasks that could have an effect on battery life as well. I don't know if the OS version does have a great impact on these things, but I don't see why it couldn't.
    It can and does of course. But I'm certain the effect is slim to modest. Not "insane"ly better by any means.
    02-24-12 08:08 PM
    And you got this information where??
    Right here sweetcheeks. For every "Oh my god it rocks" post there is a "This s*cks" post or two. This is true across all OS's for the 9900 at least. By all accounts, OS 7 is fragile and flakey even by BBOS standards.
    02-24-12 08:11 PM
    battery saver on or off all day, still get 8hrs with minimal-moderate use.
    02-24-12 09:42 PM
    I got 7 hours out of my 9900 yesterday but I drove 200 miles constantly switching from 2G to 3G and back, I streamed 4 hours of podcast via bluetooth to my car stereo, nearly 1 hour of total browsing, 40 minutes of bbming and the usual work calls/emails.

Yeah the battery is insane on this leak.
    02-25-12 01:33 AM
    Is it true that with battery saving mode on, your radio gets off when you have 10% battery remaining:/
    02-25-12 01:50 AM
    Is it true that with battery saving mode on, your radio gets off when you have 10% battery remaining:/

No, it goes on red at 10% then off at 5%
    If you use something else like BBM Music for example the signal will be turned off at 10% but your music keeps playing
    02-25-12 01:55 AM
    Thank you very much for the info I will give it a go tomorrow for sure now
    02-25-12 01:59 AM
    I envy you guys! I get 10 minutes of active 3G usage for every 10% of battery. No matter what OS version. All tuned down to barebones with no apps running. My old 9000 is getting 45 minutes of usage for the same 10% on 9000 battery, or in mAh comparison to 9900 battery, 34 minutes of usage for 10% of 9900's worth battery. The only thing that uses juice as expected is standby, and gsm phone calls. Even WIFI on with no BB activity whatsoever uses 4% per hour! I ENVY YOU!!!
    03-02-12 07:47 PM
    I envy you guys! I get 10 minutes of active 3G usage for every 10% of battery. No matter what OS version. All tuned down to barebones with no apps running. My old 9000 is getting 45 minutes of usage for the same 10% on 9000 battery, or in mAh comparison to 9900 battery, 34 minutes of usage for 10% of 9900's worth battery. The only thing that uses juice as expected is standby, and gsm phone calls. Even WIFI on with no BB activity whatsoever uses 4% per hour! I ENVY YOU!!!

It might be a rotten battery. It I were you I'd have it checked out. Your drain rate doesn't seem normal to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 08:02 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD