I do understand that putting incorrect password few times * depends on how many attempts you set it on* will wipe the phone's personal data, but since the 9900 has an internal 8gig memory, will all pictures and everything on it be wiped as well ? are these included in term of "personal data" ? anyone tried this out before ?

thanks
    01-30-12 03:00 PM
    anyone tried this out before ?
    Hang on, I'll just try it now...
    01-30-12 03:10 PM
    Hang on, I'll just try it now...
    Haha... oh my! I'm hoping no one has tried it.
    01-30-12 03:14 PM
    Yes, it wipes everything on the phone, media, pictures, video and all. I am not sure if it wipes the SD card too, maybe Phill_UK can tell us.
    01-30-12 03:19 PM
    It doesn't wipe the SD card. I just wiped my phone because of a corrupted email database and the SD card didn't get touched.
    01-30-12 03:33 PM
    .....Awaits phills verdict

I'd say yes - I hope so, just incase our Bb's get into the wrong hands.
    01-30-12 03:34 PM
    .....Awaits phills verdict

I'd say yes - I hope so, just incase our Bb's get into the wrong hands.
    Yeah exactly, i will then ditch the SD card and use purely the system memory.

you know... to preserve all these nice *cough* private pictures n all from falling into wrong hands when phone gets lost/stolen.

awaits the verdict !
    01-30-12 03:45 PM
    It doesn't wipe the SD card. I just wiped my phone because of a corrupted email database and the SD card didn't get touched.
    yeah but i noticed upgrading wiping through bbsak, did not remove pictures when i come to think of it.
    01-30-12 03:47 PM
    I did a security wipe and was able to specify what to wipe during the process. So its quite possible that a password wipe does clear the SD card as well.
    01-30-12 04:18 PM
  10. T
    Another thing: if any BlackBerry's media card is encrypted using any mode other than "Device Password" (this means if a device key is in use), a security wipe will render that BlackBerry's encrypted media card files unreadable. They won't be wiped, but they'll be useless, unreadable.
    Last edited by Tnis; 01-30-12 at 04:25 PM.
    01-30-12 04:22 PM
    I did a security wipe and was able to specify what to wipe during the process. So its quite possible that a password wipe does clear the SD card as well.
    It does not.
    01-30-12 05:37 PM
    A restore from the incorrect password snafu will not delete the MicroSD card; however, if you use the remote function with Blackberry Protect, it will erase the media card just like it should.
    01-30-12 05:45 PM
    Yeah exactly, i will then ditch the SD card and use purely the system memory.

you know... to preserve all these nice *cough* private pictures n all from falling into wrong hands when phone gets lost/stolen.

awaits the verdict !

*cough*
    01-30-12 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD