Hi,
    I'm thinking to buy a BB Bold 9900. I've seen that there are som that has physically written æøå on some of the keys (some keys have two functions).
    My question is:
    Do I need to buy a Bold which physically shows æøå on the keyboard or does this not matter and I could buy any Bold and just do something in the settings to be able to write æøå?
    Is it something that you can download?
    11-04-18 05:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can change the input language to whatever. It's also super easy to buy a new keyboard and replace it.

But really, a Bold 9900 now? You better check with your carrier to make sure you can still get BIS. (Don't get me wrong, I still use mine and I like it but it is fortunate my carrier still has BIS)
    Denmark53 likes this.
    11-09-18 09:15 AM
    Hi thank you for your answer.
    I don't know what BIS is and why I should need it. I bought a Key2 and immediately after a Bold 9900. The software on 9900 takes better advantage of its physical hardware. It feels much more simple. I'm going text, call and maybe do some mailing. The rest on the computer.
    Thanks (I forgot my other account, so I'm writing from a new one)
    11-12-18 06:15 PM
    I don't know what BIS is and why I should need it.
    It's the internet service needed for BBOS devices such as the Bold 9900, which is largely no longer supported. Without it, and your carrier supporting it by way of a custom internet package specific to BBOS devices, you won't have full internet access and most apps require it to work as per normal. The KEY2 requires no such specfiic service and will just use any regular data plan.
    11-12-18 06:38 PM
    It's the internet service needed for BBOS device such as the Bold 9900, which is largely no longer supported. Without it, and your carrier supporting it by way of a custom internet package specific to BBOS devices, you won't have full internet access and most apps require it to work as per normal.
    OK thank you. So this is what I understand: Regular mobile 3g data plan will not work.
    But if you do your work when your near WiFi?

And I still can't figure out how to do æøå even though I changed the input language.
    11-12-18 06:43 PM
    OK thank you. So this is what I understand: Regular mobile 3g data plan will not work.
    You're still limited as some apps REQUIRE BIS and will NOT work over WiFi alone. The BIS services enables further WiFi functions.. without it, you're effectively locked out. - https://crackberry.com/dear-berry-ho...s-bes-services

To change the language, you can review this. It's for T-Mobile, but it doesn't matter. All the same - https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-15159 / https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-15192
    Denmark53 likes this.
    11-12-18 06:45 PM

And I still can't figure out how to do æøå even though I changed the input language.
    You mean change the language? I don't have my Bold in front of me right now but I think it is alt-ENTER if my muscle memory serves me right.

When you're in WiFi range, most things will use WiFi, but some things still need BIS.

Posted via CB10
    Denmark53 likes this.
    11-13-18 07:02 PM
    I already changed language and input language to Danish. But I don't see symbols æ, ø and å. Not in the symbols window or anywhere else.
    Thanks
    11-13-18 07:17 PM