yes there is the K2 Obsidian which is coming out probably onb October 6 with ATT and mw 6.5
    09-06-09 11:34 PM
    I hope it has an OLED screen and is multitouch.
    09-07-09 02:07 AM
    the the top row of keys and keyboard on the HP K3 Obsidian look similar to the bold.

HP iPAQ K3 Obsidian lives it up in the wild, sneaks in a stylus for the nostalgic types
    09-07-09 08:17 AM
    last I heard, the touch and qwerty combo was referred to as the Magnum or the Pluto. I also heard rumor of a Monster. either way, I am looking forward to that blackberry's release.
    09-07-09 09:16 AM
    New OS... thank the lord. This will be my next berry if I can somehow hold out from buying the Onyx.
    09-08-09 08:51 PM
    I would love my 8900's form factor, keyboard (don't like the Tour keyboard and it seems Onyx is the same), add 3G (or 4G), optical trackpad and touchscreen that can be enabled/disabled. Since I heard of the rumored Magnum way back when it was supposed to be a combo device, I love the idea but not executed like a clunky (IMO) Palm device. Then stuff in it a large battery please, almost the length of the battery cover to give us better up time considering all it has to run. Proc, WiFi, a-GPS, screen, etc.
    09-08-09 10:49 PM
    yall are the stupidest people i have ever seen post in a forum in my life. every touchscreen device i have ever owned except for the storm come with multiple ways to navigate. the multiple htc phones and a couple of palms that i have had all have the navigation pad with an ok key in the center. most htc phones even have trackwheels on the side or up and down arrows that perform the same functionality. when your looking at a website it comes in handy alot to use a trackpad to select links instead of using your finger and picking the wrong things. open your minds there are more things in this world other than blackberries.
    09-08-09 10:58 PM
    I love the form factor of the 8900, if the 8900 was touchscreen/keyboard/trackball I would kick a puppie for the **** of it

Here is my ideal Blackberry:
    Touchscreen/full keyboard/trackball
    Black and chrome like the 8900
    Front form factor of the Tour and rear of the 8900 with a metal battery cover to protect that ultra big batter it should sport like the Bold does
    Wifi/GPS/3G/UMA
    Flash support
    Scratch proof screen!
    And all the known goodies current Blackberry's have it should be called the "Blackberry Nova" that name just sounds ridiculous coo
    l!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 04:02 AM
    Why trackball instead of trackpad? Trackballs fail much more and are more susceptible to dirt, grime, grease, etc than trackpads no?
    I should've specified but I took it for granted thinking all of us are assuming we keep dragging along what we've gained thus far: GPS, WiFi, UMA, etc.
    I do think RIM needs to step it up and offer at least 8GB internal, 1GB RAM, 1GHz proc and the microsd slot. Feels like we just keep inching along. I want a touchscreen section as well but it should be user selectable to be turned on or off. As for other preferences like cosmetic or user specific I like the appearance of the 8900, size and keyboard. I don't care for a fake leather backing since all my phones get a ZAGG and a cover on top of that as well, usually a thin silicone since I don't want a bulky phone in my pocket. That said it's not a dealbreaker, be serious. RIM could offer a few different covers, fake leather, smooth metal, etc OR go aftermarket OR cover your phone and forget about it. Reality is a year later or less you'll be looking at your next one anyway even if you wait two to upgrade does the back of the phone really matter that much to you?

09-09-09 10:40 AM
    last I heard, the touch and qwerty combo was referred to as the Magnum or the Pluto. I also heard rumor of a Monster. either way, I am looking forward to that blackberry's release.
    im guessing they scrapped those names...
    09-09-09 04:17 PM
    Open your minds there are more things in this world other than blackberries.
    Hi, welcome to >crackberry.com<. We like Blackberries here, and therefore wish they had everything.
    09-09-09 04:45 PM
    Why trackball instead of trackpad? Trackballs fail much more and are more susceptible to dirt, grime, grease, etc than trackpads no?
    I should've specified but I took it for granted thinking all of us are assuming we keep dragging along what we've gained thus far: GPS, WiFi, UMA, etc.
    I do think RIM needs to step it up and offer at least 8GB internal, 1GB RAM, 1GHz proc and the microsd slot. Feels like we just keep inching along. I want a touchscreen section as well but it should be user selectable to be turned on or off. As for other preferences like cosmetic or user specific I like the appearance of the 8900, size and keyboard. I don't care for a fake leather backing since all my phones get a ZAGG and a cover on top of that as well, usually a thin silicone since I don't want a bulky phone in my pocket. That said it's not a dealbreaker, be serious. RIM could offer a few different covers, fake leather, smooth metal, etc OR go aftermarket OR cover your phone and forget about it. Reality is a year later or less you'll be looking at your next one anyway even if you wait two to upgrade does the back of the phone really matter that much to you?

I don't know, I like the capability to scroll with a ball instead of a trackpad, I see it as more innovative I guess, even though it is used highly amongst smartphones, I still preffer it. But your right, it is an easy victim of dirt and grease. The black trackball seems to be the right candidate for a trackball rather than the white one imo. (It doesn't get dirty like the white one does and doesn't turn yellow over time) 8GB of intergrated flash memory would be awesome! And yes 1GB of RAM and at least the 1GHz processor. I do wish that the memory of the device was distiguished based on the. DD Card you put in it (for apps only) because 256MB is lame. This bother me because you see the iPhone with 8/16/32GB now... And RIM is still below 1GB? <_<

09-10-09 03:10 AM
    Thanks OP for the info. Gotta add this one to my collection.
    09-10-09 02:34 PM
    I just want another BB that is the same size as the Bold..
    09-10-09 10:26 PM
    i just want to know if the new OS is real. Rim has fallen behind in the os. compared to iphone and pre, its old. i love blackberries, but wtf rim
    09-11-09 12:05 AM
    i just want to know if the new OS is real. Rim has fallen behind in the os. compared to iphone and pre, its old. i love blackberries, but wtf rim
    And yet it still works better for email and messaging than anything out there. That is, for the record, the #1 purpose of a phone for most people I think.

As for playing Tiger Woods Golf on my BB? You can keep that.

Sure the OS could be upgraded but I'm pretty happy with a lot of things I've seen in 5.0. No one wants a completely revamped OS that changes the whole BB experience and alters the best part of it (email and messaging).
    09-11-09 09:56 AM
    And yet it still works better for email and messaging than anything out there. That is, for the record, the #1 purpose of a phone for most people I think.

As for playing Tiger Woods Golf on my BB? You can keep that.

Sure the OS could be upgraded but I'm pretty happy with a lot of things I've seen in 5.0. No one wants a completely revamped OS that changes the whole BB experience and alters the best part of it (email and messaging).
    Works better than iPhone's? No.. not quite.
    09-11-09 02:16 PM
    Works better than iPhone's? No.. not quite.
    Are you crazy? My email/messages are 1 click away (convenience key). I have instant access to my email in true push fashion. I'm way more productive on a BB. Both devices have their strengths. Email is not a strength on the iphone (a capability yes, but not a strength).

09-11-09 02:43 PM
    That's fine but I fined it weird that thr isn't more questions about software come on drag icons with your finger HP has that imagine that os on a BB that would be SWEET!!!!!!!!
    Really?? To me, I don't think I need to be moving the icons around that much that that feature would be at all a strength to me when deciding which phone to buy.

But everyone is entitled to like different things, so Rock On! LOL
    09-11-09 04:52 PM
    Are you crazy? My email/messages are 1 click away (convenience key). I have instant access to my email in true push fashion. I'm way more productive on a BB. Both devices have their strengths. Email is not a strength on the iphone (a capability yes, but not a strength).

With this because a BlackBerry sight of course the opinions are going to be biased.

Its a shame some people can't lay off the kool-aid and open their eyes.
    09-11-09 05:12 PM
    8GB of intergrated flash memory would be awesome! And yes 1GB of RAM and at least the 1GHz processor. I do wish that the memory of the device was distiguished based on the. DD Card you put in it (for apps only) because 256MB is lame. This bother me because you see the iPhone with 8/16/32GB now... And RIM is still below 1GB? <_<

the iphones 8/16/32 gb is hard drive space not memory... although i agree that 1gb would b cool but iphones still have 256mb memory i thinkhttp://images.crackberry.com/forum_images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    09-11-09 07:40 PM
    With this because a BlackBerry sight of course the opinions are going to be biased.

Its a shame some people can't lay off the kool-aid and open their eyes.
    I don't care what kind of fanboy you are - you cannot say an iphone is better for email and messaging than a BB like the Bold. Just the text input (Bold Keyboard vs. touchscreen) isn't even CLOSE.
    09-12-09 09:30 AM
    I personally would like the option of a trackpad with full QWERTY keyboard and a touchscreen. It is the best of the best put together to form an even better user experience. There are times that I wish I had an actual keyboard when typing... Much easier for using one hand to do the typing for one. And there are times where I would rather the touch screen such as for scrolling through something, assuming the phone would be equipped with flick scroll. The use of a stylus is neither a good or bad point IMO. Some would prefer to use the stylus and some wouldn't... Why not include that option but be discrete with it or be able to remote it from the device completely. Ideally a steal battery door would be best, again just my opinion... However, if you are going to put a case on it then it is no big deal what the battery door is like. You can buy screen protectors so the screen being scratch proof is not a must.
    I think with Telus and Bell switching over to GSM in the upcoming months, this would be an excellent phone to release within the next 6 to 9 months... Again... Just my 2 cents!
    09-12-09 02:28 PM
    Trackpad and touch screen is genius IMO, the precision of the trackpad allows for smaller, more accurate movements, but a touchscreen is easier for larger buttons and basic interface movements. Best of both worlds combines the two and if you can't see the advantage you're ********.
    09-12-09 08:49 PM
    Well let's see what happens
    09-25-09 03:01 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD