I really love my 9930, but especially this winter, I notice that as I am wearing more outerware and my BB is harder to get into the holster, that I inadvertantly end up making accidental phone calls or activating apps. I actually wish I could turn the touch screen off and rely on the track pad as in my old Tour. (I wonder if this effect could explain somer battery life issues. Any thoughts how to deal with this?
    12-16-11 08:24 AM
    Lock the screen with the top button and no, there isn't a way to disable the touch screen. Has been asked before.
    12-16-11 08:45 AM
    I had the same issue and installed Slider Lock for .99 from AppWorld. I have not pocket dialed since.
    12-16-11 08:51 AM
    For those having this issue - is it that the lock button somehow gets pressed while in your pocket then the phone button gets pressed twice to make a call? Or is it that you aren't locking it before putting in pocket? I've never experienced a pocket-dial because I lock the phone with the top button and using a slider unlock just adds another step.
    12-16-11 09:48 AM
    i just lock the phone with the k key as i have it password protected so no **** dials for me!
    12-16-11 09:49 AM
    Mine is password protected. So when i put it in the holster, it locks itself automatically.

HOWEVER, as i put it in the holster, esp now in colder weather and the holster must have shrunk a bit, the holster touches the P key and that will start speed dialing my daughter. So now, I use double protection. I lock the screen first by using the button at the top of the phone.
    12-16-11 10:09 AM
    don't know why this would be an issue.for torch 9810 or iphone 4s you could see this being an issue because of the larger touch screen.but password protect would be the alternative.
    12-16-11 11:30 PM
    Mine is password protected. So when i put it in the holster, it locks itself automatically.

HOWEVER, as i put it in the holster, esp now in colder weather and the holster must have shrunk a bit, the holster touches the P key and that will start speed dialing my daughter. So now, I use double protection. I lock the screen first by using the button at the top of the phone.
    or, just hit the on-screen lock button before you holster it...even better protection against "P" dialling....
    12-17-11 12:10 AM
    I had the same issue and installed Slider Lock for .99 from AppWorld. I have not pocket dialed since.
    Do you still get notifications with Slider Lock when its on?
    12-20-11 03:01 PM
    Do you still get notifications with Slider Lock when its on?
    I still get notifications and the phone stays locked after I get the notifications.

I also notice that when I just use the lock button to lock the screen, when I get a notification in Toast, the screen unlocks.

If I disable Toast, the lock button keeps the phone locked.
    Last edited by shrewsburysq; 12-20-11 at 04:08 PM.
    12-20-11 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD