OK, there are a lot of Bold users out there who have not been tempted by BB10 devices released so far.

Will the imminent arrival of 2 new Physical Keyboard devices i.e. the Classic and Passport tempt you to finally abandon your 9900/9930 and if so, which device are you planning to switch to ?

Personally I have been holding out for the Classic but as it seems that it will be lacking some of the key features that I like such as charging points and removable battery I have been thinking more and more about the Passport on the basis that if I have to lose those feature then I may as well go for the best spec BB10 device out there and learn to love it.

How about you guys ???

Go Classic

Go Passport

Hold on to the Bold

Go for a complete change
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-15-14 at 09:30 AM.
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    08-15-14 09:19 AM
    Holding on to my Bold. Not too impressed by BB10 to be honest. If I wanted a 'modern' OS, I'd rather switch back to iOS. But I'm perfectly happy with my 9900, so why bother? As long as there is support for BIS, I intend on using it. Maybe I'll get a spare one, just in case

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-14 11:49 AM
    leaving iOS for the passport. Think the new keyboard is pretty cool and just the whole package itself. I'm very good with a touchscreen so I will need to adjust to the keyboard again! looking forward to it!
    velkod likes this.
    08-15-14 12:04 PM
    leaving iOS for the passport. Think the new keyboard is pretty cool and just the whole package itself. I'm very good with a touchscreen so I will need to adjust to the keyboard again! looking forward to it!
    No concerns over the size of the passport then ?

If I have grasped the concept correctly, there will be part of the keyboard on "glass" with the characters that aren't on the physical keyboard so you will still be partly at home from day one.
    08-15-14 12:14 PM
    Move away from BlackBerry lol
    08-15-14 12:15 PM
    Z20 z20 z20

z10
    08-15-14 12:16 PM
    I don't know.
    When the Classic was announced, I almost immediately assumed that it should be the replacement of my 9900, but have to see how the latest OS version and UI might look like. If it's much like the present BB10 with some tweaks, then I'm not sure. I do appreciate "those moments of delight" sprinkled in the OS7.
    Re the replaceable battery, yes, it's been convenient but I seldom used it (I accumulated 3 of those!), and recently found that an external battery was more convenient during the time I needed more juice (and not close to the office or my car). I could use it for other devices too.
    Re charging points, definitely convenient, but I have a feeling that BBRY won't resurrect it, until perhaps the wireless charging becomes ubiquitous and make it easier to design non-contact charging pod.

I can live with the Bold 9900 but I deal with documents attached to emails, and BIS sometimes truncates the mail, or the attachment is too large to open it etc. It seldom happens but when it does, I feel like it's a deal breaker. I know BB10 will solve it, but am still not sure if the Hub would be any better than the UI of the current Bold as a communication-heavy device.

Re Passport, I have never been a fan of large phones or phablets. To me, a phone must be pocketable (or even palm sized), and when I know I might need a larger screen on the go, I rather jump to the next step larger to my iPad Mini, which is still very poratble.

This is one of those cases where I really have to wait and see it (the Classic). My guess is that I probably jump on the Classic, if ever, but definitely not interested in the Passport. Passport might be good for my aging eyes, but I definitely would not fiddle with it for document creation/editing and any such functions. It's still a phone. I delegate such works to a tablet or a laptop.

Phablet to me is a poorman's solution, sitting between a smartphone and a tablet/laptop. If you can't buy both and segregate the work, you buy a phablet. Duck and cover :-).
    Last edited by xanadome; 08-15-14 at 05:17 PM.
    Legal Eagle and BlazorBoy like this.
    08-15-14 01:51 PM
    was thinking of the Classic to replace my Bold, but will stay with 9900
    it still meets my needs and sealed battery is not a good move,
    perhaps if they make a Classic with removable battery might buy one.
    08-15-14 02:20 PM
    Classic for me!!
    08-15-14 02:35 PM
    Ignore until a full-touch device that is an upgrade for Z10 and Z30 comes cause the Z3 isn't a upgrade more of an regrettable downgrade passport looks ugly and classic ain't worth switching to I'd rather wait for a galaxy note 4 or get the galaxy note 3

Posted via my favorite candy bar Z10 os 10.3.0.700
    08-15-14 02:41 PM
    Ill buy the passport and show everyone the power of BlackBerry 10. Ive already converted 1/4 of my group of 30, and I plan to add more to the BlackBerry family.

Differentiate or Die
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-15-14 02:48 PM
    IF the Q20 really has a non removable battery I'd stick with my Curve and upgrade my mainphone.

The PP doesn't offer what I need add to that I've neverbeen a fan of the OS 10 so sadly if the Classic removes an essential feature I'd go full Android.

Guess I'll buy a used Bold then as a second phone
    Sent from my BlackBerry
    08-15-14 04:50 PM
    I'm waiting for a new all touch display phone from BlackBerry
    If not hopefully 10.3 comes out sooner!!!
    I'm thinking LG G3 :'(

Posted via CB10 using my beautiful white Z30
    08-15-14 05:01 PM
    I'm waiting for a new all touch display phone from BlackBerry
    If not hopefully 10.3 comes out sooner!!!
    I'm thinking LG G3 :'(

Welcome aboard the G3 is an amazing phone but it's huge although comfortable for the size. The back buttons take some time getting used too but other than that the 805 version might be the best available current smartphone. Absolute beast

Sent from my BlackBerry
    08-15-14 05:08 PM
    Classic for me! May be passport if the wife allows. But definitely classic.

Oh lads and ladies, please stay on the topic, slight rabbit trail is OK! But please get back on topic.

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-15-14 05:10 PM
    if the wife allows.
    Oh, come on, wives do not allow anything.....
    Until and unless she likes it.
    They are wives after all, you know :-)
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    08-15-14 05:31 PM
    Passport looks "interesting", but as a fan of small phone, I am almost certain that the size would get in my way after a while. BBRY should eliminate the physical keyboard (I know it works as a trackpad too), and market it as a Playbook 2.0, or in a new category, i.e., "micro-tablet", maximizing the use of the screen real estate. Then, I might use it as a mobile browser and a document viewer etc. But for the real internet browsing and document checking etc, it may be a bit too small. Too much for one and not enough for two. I cant see myself lugging that thing everyday.
    08-15-14 05:50 PM
    Welcome aboard the G3 is an amazing phone but it's huge although comfortable for the size. The back buttons take some time getting used too but other than that the 805 version might be the best available current smartphone. Absolute beast

Sent from my BlackBerry
    I'm just afraid I'll miss the gestures of BB10 but a BlackBerry 10 phone with the specs of the G3 and 10.3 would be a dream!
    As far as qwertys go I'm digging the Passport

08-15-14 06:30 PM
    I am in doubt: Z30 or Passport. Actually I use a Bold 9900 and a Z10 and I am planning to keep the Bold, give the Z 10 to my older son and take the Passport or Z30 for me.
    08-15-14 11:23 PM
    I think I will pass. To tell you the truth I am not impressed with BB10. I have a q10 but hate it (I will keep it as a reminder not to get another one), Z10 sorta ok but do not use it much at all. Z30 really great but missing legacy stuff. My BB9900 shines and does everything I want to. I also have a bb9790 (with UMA) on TMO. I switch between the BB9900 and my BB9790 as my main phone. If I need to see bigger screens I go to my Kindle Fire HDX 7 or to my pc if at home.
    I still have my Android devices that I play with but my workhorse is my BB9900/BB9790 devices.
    So, thanks but no thanks Blackberry on BB10 and the upcoming Classic and that weird square device-ug.
    Legal Eagle, Mr4aces and Carrtman like this.
    08-16-14 05:57 AM
    They have cameras... so I intend to keep my job, hence keep using the 9900.

If I had a CHOICE, I think I'd get the Classic. I'm just so used to the form factor, screen size be damned.
    08-16-14 07:37 AM
    I'll be reading myself here if I was a CB member a year ago and saying I'll go for the Samsung Note as I hate my last BlackBerry.

BBQ10
    08-16-14 08:05 AM
    By the rate threads like this one are created I think more people are hesitant than willing to get either

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-16-14 08:08 AM
    I will do nothing, just wait for the next full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    zclash likes this.
    08-16-14 09:13 AM
    I'm committed to using my Bold 9930 at least until my Verizon contract is up in July of 2015. At that time I will reevaluate and decide whether to keep the phone and/or the carrier or move on.

I can tell you I really like the flexibility of the GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile. they are much more accommodating to the BYOD crowd. But their coverage is inferior and lacking compared to Verizon in the areas I live, work, and travel, which is why I ended up on Verizon.

Why am I telling you this? Because whichever carrier I end up on will influence my choice of device to some degree.

I can't help but marvel at how quickly I am typing out this post right now on my 9930. Unless the Classic can be as efficient a communication device as the 9930, I will be reluctant to change and will probably keep using 9900/9930 until BIS is no longer supported.

But the Classic is the clear upgrade choice for me at this point. The tool belt makes it the logical successor to the 9900/9930. Swappable battery would be nice, but is not of great importance to me. As long as battery life is decent, I can manage.

I do, however, use charging docks at home and work and find this functionality to be extremely useful. If they don't at least support wireless charging, I will be reluctant to upgrade for that reason alone.

I also hope they make some good OEM accessories for it like cases, a holster, a car mount, etc.

The Passport does not appeal to me on any level. Specs mean nothing to me - it's about real-world experience. I want my smartphone to be easy to use with one hand, if needed. It must be small enough to easily fit in a front pants pocket without too much bulge. And I can't see myself getting used to or enjoying that physical/virtual keyboard hybrid interface and no dedicated trackpad or toolbelt.

For intensive work like photo or spreadsheet editing, I prefer a laptop or desktop computer, not a phablet or tablet.

For entertainment/distraction, I can use a secondary device like a tablet.

So really, the Passport, for me, doesn't make much sense. It's a great venture on BlackBerry's part and I really do hope it enjoys some degree of success, but it's not for me.

I'm a Classic kind of guy.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-16-14 09:28 AM
38 12