I just talked to someone at Verizon and they don't see it on there release calendar for Aug... They also looked it up and seen the blackberry bold touch coming but nothing has been said to them and they would be getting the word out by now if it was being released in Aug.
    This what I was told but hoping they don't make us wait
    07-31-11 02:20 PM
    im sticking with the second week of august
    07-31-11 02:23 PM
    lol I will be looking out everyday for it, this is the phone I want bad.
    07-31-11 02:30 PM
    It’s simply a guessing game at this point. Verizon is silent while we’re staving for information. What’s going on behind the curtain?
    07-31-11 02:57 PM
    I guess we'll know something on/around August 3rd.....
    07-31-11 05:57 PM
    its getting to the point of "who cares" since we have waited a year for this thing. It better be able to cure diseases or something
    07-31-11 06:27 PM
    its getting to the point of "who cares" since we have waited a year for this thing. It better be able to cure diseases or something
    Well it will at least cure the disease that keeps me looking several times a day everyday for update information on the release date.
    07-31-11 06:54 PM
    PG Are you suggesting that VZ and Sprint also will be releasing it in October/November or it's possible that they can release it early.

CX was saying that CDMA testing isn't as stringent as GSM.So is that might be a reason for it's early release.What's your thoughts on that.Thanks.
    I believe you've misinterpreted my posts on a few occasions. In fact Verizon testing is as tough as AT&T's. It's in places other than the U.S., more specifically the two carriers aforementioned that testing is not as stringent or strict. Verizon & AT&T have many customers and are the toughest carriers when it comes to certification in all of the world.
    07-31-11 06:58 PM
    True.....but after is does finally release and we get whiff of the next great device, the cycle starts all over again!
    07-31-11 06:59 PM
    True.....but after is does finally release and we get whiff of the next great device, the cycle starts all over again!
    no doubt...at least they are not releasing all these silly "refeshes" that really are no different from the previous versions. This is a whole new device and its exciting and frustrating at the same time
    07-31-11 07:17 PM
    no doubt...at least they are not releasing all these silly "refeshes" that really are no different from the previous versions. This is a whole new device and its exciting and frustrating at the same time
    You know my first girlfriend? Sorry, couldn�t resist.
    07-31-11 07:36 PM
    Ok after all is said and done, there has been so many dates given thus far. What is the soonest date for any carrier in any region?

Once we know that then some of us I'm sure will buy the unlocked version ASAP. At that point I wouldn't worry if and when my carrier has it as long as it is gsm based.
    07-31-11 07:51 PM
    PG Are you suggesting that VZ and Sprint also will be releasing it in October/November or it's possible that they can release it early.

CX was saying that CDMA testing isn't as stringent as GSM.So is that might be a reason for it's early release.What's your thoughts on that.Thanks.
    My only point is that I have yet to see ANY carrier anywhere officially say this device is going on sale on date X. Have seen leaked docs, seen a lot of speculation but if a carrier anywhere has issued a press release saying when they will begin selling this device I have missed it. If so I am fine to admit I am wrong but until then the notion of imminent release is only speculation...

PG
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-31-11 09:13 PM
    Ok after all is said and done, there has been so many dates given thus far. What is the soonest date for any carrier in any region?

Once we know that then some of us I'm sure will buy the unlocked version ASAP. At that point I wouldn't worry if and when my carrier has it as long as it is gsm based.
    There are no official dates yet. My guess is you will start hearing some dates this week as they usually precede availability by a week or two. If history is any indicator, keep an eye on Rogers this week for any press.
    07-31-11 10:09 PM
    someone should have made a chart with all the supposed release dates with a column next to stating hit or miss with the real release date. I bet not one is right
    08-01-11 05:24 AM
    Hey people be patient, in 2 weeks. August 15th it would be out followed by aug 18 but wait for the bbb fan night for announcementt if no release date no worries, but by auguust 15 the 9900 would be here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 05:43 AM
    why is everyone so convinced that we will have information about release dates from carriers at a RIM event. I did not see anything convincing in the tweet from RIM about fan night and from my understanding the release of this device is pending carrier authorization not a RIM fan boy party.
    08-01-11 06:00 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD