Forgive me for being slighly off topic, but wondering if anyone else is having a hard time deciding between the upcoming devices. I really want the Bold 9930 (Verizon) however I am also liking the idea of the Torch 9850 (or whatever the full touchscreen is going to be called).

Anyone else having difficulty deciding between these two?
    Not at all. If I was going to get a full touchscreen it would certainly not be a Blackberry. The keyboard is what keeps me with BB, otherwise it would be an Adroid or an iPhone.
    07-30-11 10:11 AM
    August 11th Blackberry thursday verizon wireless, stand in line, I will be.

My wife just got the date from one of her managers, and this is not a store level thing
    07-30-11 12:07 PM

My wife just got the date from one of her managers, and this is not a store level thing
    I hope you're right. If so, I'll be there day one too!
    07-30-11 12:14 PM
    the blackberry site on facebook is deleting all posts in regard to this device
    07-30-11 12:19 PM
    I hope you're right. If so, I'll be there day one too!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Ben Franklin dittos!
    07-30-11 12:23 PM
    the blackberry site on facebook is deleting all posts in regard to this device
    And the plot thickens.
    07-30-11 12:25 PM
    Anyone interested in a Rogers 9900 when they are released in canada can pm me, i can send you one. im going to warn you, it won't be cheap for americans. Youll be looking at close to 700 with the weaker Us dollar, 12 percent tax and paypal fees.
    07-30-11 12:36 PM

here is the page where the deletes are happening
    07-30-11 01:15 PM
    Ive given you guys dates in the past on prior phone releases and I have been right, when I find something out- usually within a week or two of a release I pass it along. I never find anything out any sooner then that, its how she is told things in her center.
    s.ben and asdfjkandreax like this.
    07-30-11 01:50 PM
    looks like Oct release for att, hopefully much sooner for VZW
    Figures for AT&T. Always last to the party.
    07-30-11 02:42 PM
    I cannot imagine this device missing August. RIM is getting throttled in the market.
    07-30-11 06:29 PM
    You could technically get someone in Canada to buy it for you, then ship it to you.
    off topic a bit i know but I'm curious:
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but if you're a Rogers employee ....why do you have Telus as a carrier? lol
    07-30-11 07:49 PM
    And first to bend you over.
    07-30-11 07:59 PM

I'll take your word for it. I'm excited thanks! Apparently RIM has NOT been shafted by Verizon.

They seem to be getting it before all US carriers even. This is great news.
    07-30-11 08:00 PM
    off topic a bit i know but I'm curious:
    Not sure if anyone else noticed this but if you're a Rogers employee ....why do you have Telus as a carrier? lol
    I actually have a BAN with every wireless carrier in Canada, not just TELUS and Rogers. I suppose it says TELUS as that was who I was with when I joined CrackBerry.

Good eye though!
    07-30-11 08:11 PM
    Ive given you guys dates in the past on prior phone releases and I have been right, when I find something out- usually within a week or two of a release I pass it along. I never find anything out any sooner then that, its how she is told things in her center.
    I hope you are right. Im about to give up
    07-30-11 08:25 PM
    its funny you mentioned the 2 carrier thing my wife and I before I became an Officer worked for Verizon and at one time ATT, Sprint Unicel etc.. but we always had Verizon even when working for different carriers. When working for other carriers and in the field they either made us put complete covers on our phones or hide them in the back. Those were the low level days haha. Sprint even threatened to terminate us at one point but refused to offer us lines for free, but they would give us a sero line at discount but it was still cheaper to have verizon with actual service then a line with no service
    07-30-11 09:02 PM
    I actually have a BAN with every wireless carrier in Canada, not just TELUS and Rogers. I suppose it says TELUS as that was who I was with when I joined CrackBerry.

Good eye though!
    haha Thanks - way too curious for my own good but what the heck - its all about learning on the forums right? I did see under another member's name "Ban" and wondered about that too, now I know.
    Back to topic - sorry people
    07-30-11 09:09 PM
    You can also stop on over to mobilecityonline.com, they already have a pre-order page ready for the Bold 9900 unlocked, I think they are asking $649.99.
    07-30-11 10:14 PM
    I would love for this release to be imminent, but I remember the debacle that was the Torch release in Canada...September 24...then September 30 (for some) then October 1. It was a nightmare. Noone seemed to know what was going on. I hope that doesn't happen with this, but I suspect it won't be much different, at least in Canada.
    07-31-11 08:06 AM
    Cant wait for this device
    07-31-11 08:40 AM

at&t is rarely last to the party. In fact just the opposite in terms of device releases...

There is a reason folks that this isn't coming out soon on at&t, it isn't ready yet... For those of you that are sprint/vzn fans hoping for Aug release I hope you're right because you guys are going to be miserable to live with if you have to wait until late fall like the rest of us...

PG
    07-31-11 08:40 AM
    at&t is rarely last to the party. In fact just the opposite in terms of device releases...

There is a reason folks that this isn't coming out soon on at&t, it isn't ready yet... For those of you that are sprint/vzn fans hoping for Aug release I hope you're right because you guys are going to be miserable to live with if you have to wait until late fall like the rest of us...

PG
    PG Are you suggesting that VZ and Sprint also will be releasing it in October/November or it's possible that they can release it early.

CX was saying that CDMA testing isn't as stringent as GSM.So is that might be a reason for it's early release.What's your thoughts on that.Thanks.
    07-31-11 10:28 AM
    The folks within the Carrier always get training on new devices prior to their launch...
    ...And in Sprint's case there is NOTHING on the training schedule related to BB for the next 30 days.

That could be taken one of two ways; either the Bold Touch ISN'T considered a "new device"....
    ...And is simply thought of by Sprint to be a super fast 9650 with a touch-screen.
    ...OR, it's as I was told and Droid Photon get's first feeding rights due to marketing determinations.

I would like to see the device this month and really hope I do.....
    ...It's looking more and more like it's going to be November however.
    07-31-11 10:38 AM
    The folks within the Carrier always get training on new devices prior to their launch...
    ...And in Sprint's case there is NOTHING on the training schedule related to BB for the next 30 days.

That could be taken one of two ways; either the Bold Touch ISN'T considered a "new device"....
    ...And is simply thought of by Sprint to be a super fast 9650 with a touch-screen.
    ...OR, it's as I was told and Droid Photon get's first feeding rights due to marketing determinations.

I would like to see the device this month and really hope I do.....
    ...It's looking more and more like it's going to be November however.
    Yea I really hope It's August also.
    07-31-11 10:51 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD