if vodaphone get this as an exclusive i might be a little screwed
    just went on the vodafone coverage checker, and right next to my house is a patch of bad coverage about 50mt sq...

out door signal only fields! who'd live in them... oh yeah me..
    06-17-11 01:02 PM
    I can't see anyone getting exclusivity, so you'll be fine.

If they do, and you have poor coverage... that's what their Sure Signal is for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-11 01:11 PM
    i think the rumors of an exclusive may be true though, as it makes sense, they are the only carrier to be releasing the Playbook, since o2 dropped out, so RIM may be doing them a favour i return?

just looked up sure signal, i like it!! do other providers offer something similar?? as id like 3g signal in my house regardless, i dont even get edge...
    06-17-11 03:00 PM
    Depends what you mean by exclusive. If Vodafone have done all there testing and release it while the other carriers are still testing then thats not really exclusive. Just they got it out faster.

That 1 minute teaser Voda release also says alot. It was filmed 1st june but wasn't released for a week and bit later. So thought went it when to release the video and they are not gonna do that if the phone is coming in september.
    06-17-11 03:13 PM
    just looked up sure signal, i like it!! do other providers offer something similar?? as id like 3g signal in my house regardless, i dont even get edge...
    Unfortunately no, not in the UK anyway... that's a Vodafone exclusive

They brought it out when they heard they were getting the iPhone 4, with all the 'antennagate' rumours that were around at the time. I also get terrible reception at home so I've had one since they were released, and I can't praise the thing highly enough. It's an absolute godsend, and I still can't believe other carriers haven't adopted the idea.

06-17-11 03:48 PM
    thats almost reason enough to move to vodafone! just another peripheral to stick on my network (iv already maxed 2 5port switches and the 3 others on the router!)
    my buy one of them soon if i switch.
    06-17-11 04:49 PM
    I find vodafone signal improving all the time, this year a small holiday town here got a strong and quite fast EDGE signal compared with a very very slow gprs signal before.

Orange has never improved the signal where I live in over 6 years.

Also, somehow starting with the 9700s simultaneous voice and data is possible on vodafone gprs and edge(2G), at least with a blackberry it is.

Edit- made this quick video a while ago to prove to somebody on this forum.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en_US&client=mv-rim&v=_T1yPEcRU48

Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 06-20-11 at 05:11 AM.
    06-20-11 05:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD