I'm new to this forum so hopefully this is the right place. I just signed up with Telus and my wife and I did get iPhone 4's. Now after playing around with the Bold 9900 I really want that phone instead of the iPhone. Now the policy states all devices with the exception of iPhones have a 7 day return, subjective to a restocking charge.

The explanation I got from the manager was because as soon as it's 'bricked' it becomes a used phone. I was thinking so are all other cell phones that leave the store so why is Apple any different? I wanted to return the iPhone and go with a Bold 9900 but unless there is an actual default I won't be able to. My only option would be to sell this and buy a Bold outright.

I love mac computers but Apple's arrogance is starting to really **** me off. What do you guys think? I have to convince the wife as well as her name is on the contract and she loves her iPhone. I did own a torch for about 5 months so I do know a little about Blackberries.
    09-02-11 03:31 PM
    What are you saying, you cant return an iPhone after you walk out of the store? Apple doesnt even have that policy.

If you want to be mad at someone I think it should be Telus. And yourself for buying an Iphone4 5 weeks before the Iphone 5 is released.
    Last edited by garment69; 09-02-11 at 04:01 PM.
    09-02-11 03:53 PM
    That's a messed up policy.
    09-02-11 03:58 PM
    Yes, that is correct. I phoned and talked to the manager and asked her why that is regarding the iPhone 4. She could not give me a straight up answer. All phones EXCEPT any iPhone has a 7 day return policy and 60 minutes or less talk time. I just think it's complete arrogance on Apple's part regarding their mobile devices. I mean not everyone has to like iPhones.
    09-02-11 04:07 PM
    This has nothing to do with Apples 'arrogance.'
    jauhari, Kyle., rstrathman and 1 others like this.
    09-02-11 04:08 PM
    lol @ this thread, i bought an iphone from an apple store about 3 months ago and it said on the receipt that iphones have a 30 day return policy, i returned it after 2 weeks of use no questions asked... Apple is one of the easiest companies to do returns with, and they credit your credit card after 1 week, not months like some other companies. i have returned an iphone, exchanged several computers and even speakers which are not even made by apple. This thread is nonsense, go complain to the store you bought it from, i am certain it wasn't an apple store....
    jauhari and andy957 like this.
    09-02-11 04:59 PM
    Yes, OP, I think you are mad at the wrong entity.
    09-02-11 05:13 PM
    Apple has always been a self centered company. I never liked their polices and their equiptment either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 05:18 PM
    No it wasn't an apple store, it was Telus the so-called "Phone Experts". We don't have an Apple store in my city, the closest is about an hour and a half away. I have had iPhones before and I understand the Apple Store is very easy to deal with. In fact I was there not too long ago. In hindsight it shouldn't matter where I got the phone best buy, Telus, Apple, etc there should be a customer satisfaction guarantee on ALL phones. The customer service told me that it is not a Telus policy it is an Apple policy.

If i were to get a HTC Status or Samsung, or even a Blackberry for that matter I could return it no problem within the alloted time frame. But for iPhones not a chance not even 24 hrs. It is a final sale. To me that is ridiculous.

I'm sorry for the ranting but I am very bitter about this.
    Last edited by blackhawksfan75; 09-02-11 at 05:26 PM.
    09-02-11 05:21 PM
    Apple has always been a self centered company. I never liked their polices and their equiptment either.

Go to costco for a 90 day warranty. They don't sell apple though.

09-02-11 05:22 PM

Really? What policy's dont you find to be fair?
    09-02-11 05:37 PM
    Get pissed off at Telus for their return policy, not Apple. Apple didn't force you to buy an IP4. If you really wanted the 9900 instead of the IP4, you would have waited or at least knew what the return policy was up front.
    jauhari likes this.
    09-02-11 05:40 PM
    Ok? I'm confused. You are mad at apple for a policy that your provider instituted--correct? I just want to be clear on what you are saying. In my opinion, this is your fault. You should have done your due diligence before you purchased. Certainly apple can't be held responsible for your lack of research. Can they?
    09-02-11 06:16 PM
    Get mad at Telus NOT Apple. Apple had absolutely nothing to do with that store's return policy. They wouldn't care at all what Telus's return policy was. Perhaps you should apologize for trying to hurt Apple's reputation with a falsely targeted story.
    09-02-11 06:36 PM
    I'm tired of Apple's arrogance
    That's all I need to hear .. I agree 100%.

By the way, you might want to know that with Rogers for example, it's 7 days or 30 minutes of talk time for a return, whichever comes first. Only exceptions are defective phones and what counts as a defect is getting stricter by the day.

Even Costco ... 30 day return on cell phone but it has to be supported by a carrier "ticket" number for an issue.
    Last edited by drfever; 09-02-11 at 07:07 PM.
    09-02-11 07:02 PM
    That's all I need to hear .. I agree 100%.

By the way, you might want to know that with Rogers for example, it's 7 days or 30 minutes of talk time for a return, whichever comes first. Only exceptions are defective phones and what counts as a defect is getting stricter by the day.

Even Costco ... 30 day return on cell phone but it has to be supported by a carrier "ticket" number for an issue.
    The main problem is the country you live in. It surely isn't Apple. 7 days? lol. If you lived in America you wouldn't have to deal with these ridiculous return policies that Canadian carriers force on their customers. We don't have that problem here in the states. 30 days. Which says what? It's the carriers that enforce this crap not Apple. So if/when you're going to complain, at least be sure you're complaining about the right company.
    09-02-11 07:30 PM
    lol @ this thread, i bought an iphone from an apple store about 3 months ago and it said on the receipt that iphones have a 30 day return policy, i returned it after 2 weeks of use no questions asked... Apple is one of the easiest companies to do returns with, and they credit your credit card after 1 week, not months like some other companies. i have returned an iphone, exchanged several computers and even speakers which are not even made by apple. This thread is nonsense, go complain to the store you bought it from, i am certain it wasn't an apple store....
    I'm agree with you...
    09-02-11 07:45 PM
    Try other Telus stores, even Bell stores for a return. Thats the dumbest policy ive ever heard of IMO.
    09-02-11 07:56 PM
    Well lucky you in my country
    When you buy a phone you can't return it, so if you go to buy a. Phone you would have to check whether it is okay, you can return it Only if you didn't use it once u do otherwise, am sorry

09-02-11 08:03 PM
    Ok, maybe I was a little presumptuous with my claim. Every major corporation shows some sort of arrogance whether it's Apple, MS, Sony, or RIM. The customer service rep did not mention anything about the return policy to me otherwise I may have hesitated. So I might have some ground for a good argument. I own a Macbook pro and an iMac so I have absolutely nothing against Apple. It is really frustrating on how one product is exempt from the return policy. I also noticed that the return has been reduced to 7 days. It used to be 14 days with less than 30 minutes of talk time. I am not trying to start a flame war or anything. I am a little more mature than that.

I know there are other methods of switching over to a Bold I was just trying (what I thought) would be the easiest way first.
    09-02-11 08:21 PM
    The iPhone has great resale value on the open market. You should be able to recoup your investment, if not make a profit, and get a device you like.
    09-02-11 09:25 PM
    The iPhone has great resale value on the open market. You should be able to recoup your investment, if not make a profit, and get a device you like.
    Very true, did not think about it.

Even if it's slightly used, if nothing is wrong cosmetically you should be able to at least be able to sell the iPhone to buy the phone of your choice outright.
    09-02-11 09:50 PM
    Apple products in general have the best resale value, especially iPhones. No other phone can match it in terms of what it's worth after a year.
    09-02-11 09:51 PM
    You'll probably want to do this as quick as you can since the iphone 5 is supposed to be coming out soon.
    09-02-11 11:51 PM
    That sounds real shady. What does your receipt say on the back/front regarding return policy? First of all a "bricked" phone means it doesn't work. From what I see on your first post you simply changed your mind. I can understand you're passed 14/days? Usually it's 14 days or 30 days here in the US. Only california is 30 days i believe, so I don't know how it is for canada. Heres their return policy : Telus/Bell iPhone Return & Exchange Policy | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

so if you surpassed any of those than you are solely out of luck! I phone sucks!!! lol
    09-03-11 12:04 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD