02-11-12 10:34 AM
39 12
tools
    I have flipped back and forth from BB to iPhone many, many times...most recently was when I traded my iPhone 4S for a 9900 Bold, and I immediately missed my iPhone and sold the 9900 to buy another without giving the 9900 a real shot.

Well...after getting an iPad2, my whole outlook on the iPhone has dramatically changed. I use very few apps at all, preferring to use them on the larger iPad2 screen. In fact, I've found I'm only really using the iPhone as a...communication device, and have to admit the BlackBerry is its match at that. In fact...as good and fluid as the iOS is, it's almost boring without the apps.

Sooooooo...I'm getting rid of the iPhone 4S and going back to the BB 9900! I plan to take the time to really learn it inside & out, and get back to enjoying all it has to offer. I used to be pro-BlackBerry, and called the iPhone a "toy". Well...I have to admit, I got hooked on the "toy" and coolness of the iPhone. But, now...instead of jumping the BB ship, I'm jumping back on it and looking forward to a "new" adventure...again.

I'm pretty jazzed to be back!
    02-07-12 10:19 PM
    i feel you bro. I just got my 9900 back when i went to a S2 LTE. I just missed bbm and the keyboard sooo much
    02-07-12 10:22 PM
    Gotta Love Blackberry OR THORSTEN WILL FIND YOU!!!!
    02-07-12 10:25 PM
    how much have you guys spent going back and forth? activation fees alone would be brutal, no? they've got different sim cards right?
    02-07-12 10:37 PM
    Great combo, I have it. And your eyes will thank you for the screen size of the iPad.
    02-07-12 10:59 PM
    i have also bb 9900 and ipad2...
    02-08-12 01:19 AM
    Can't do without my ipad2 anymore and I REALLY don't miss my iphone4. Just loveeee my 9900!
    02-08-12 02:20 AM
    Funny how my getting the iPad2 had such an impact on how I viewed the iPhone. The iPhone was really my portable access to the internet, and my connection to news & information. With the extreme portability of a tablet though...especially one like this that captures my favorite iOS apps, i focus more on the function of the iPhone as a communication tool...that happens to look cool. I'm not slamming the iPhone, and I'm far from a BlackBerry or Apple fanboy...but the limitations of the iPhone and strengths of the BlackBerry are more clearly seen in this situation.

Of course, the limitations of the BB are evident too...the browser & multimedia display. But that's why I have a tablet!

I expect my 9900 by This Saturday at the latest...and I hope ours will be a successful relationship.

I was also pretty much away from CrackBerry for quite some time, and was more of a lurker...glad to be back! Feels like home!
    Last edited by davistld01; 02-08-12 at 07:50 AM.
    02-08-12 07:48 AM
    Honestly, the browser is pretty snappy too! Maybe not as snappy as the S2 or 4S but its pretty closee! Pinch to zoom is smooth too!
    02-08-12 09:18 AM
    That is a sick combo though I mean you can't go wrong with the Bold and iPad/iPad2 or the iPod Touch and Bold combo as well
    02-08-12 09:42 AM
    That is a sick combo though I mean you can't go wrong with the Bold and iPad/iPad2 or the iPod Touch and Bold combo as well
    Yeah, I really like the iPad more than I thought I would. But, I'm going to wait and see what the 2.0 OS upgrade brings to the PlayBook...might go that route since the bridge is a cool deal with my BB. If 2.0 is a keeper...I might say goodbye to the iPad.
    02-08-12 12:50 PM
    Funny how my getting the iPad2 had such an impact on how I viewed the iPhone. The iPhone was really my portable access to the internet, and my connection to news & information. With the extreme portability of a tablet though...especially one like this that captures my favorite iOS apps, i focus more on the function of the iPhone as a communication tool...that happens to look cool. I'm not slamming the iPhone, and I'm far from a BlackBerry or Apple fanboy...but the limitations of the iPhone and strengths of the BlackBerry are more clearly seen in this situation.

Of course, the limitations of the BB are evident too...the browser & multimedia display. But that's why I have a tablet!

I expect my 9900 by This Saturday at the latest...and I hope ours will be a successful relationship.

I was also pretty much away from CrackBerry for quite some time, and was more of a lurker...glad to be back! Feels like home!
    To get the most out of it install OS 7.1.0.205. It brings the Bold alive.
    TLD1 likes this.
    02-08-12 12:54 PM
    Good move. I came back from Android to an older BlackBerry. Traded it. Enjoy the new phone and welcome back.

I hope more people I know switch to BlackBerry phones.
    02-08-12 02:35 PM
    I have flipped back and forth from BB to iPhone many, many times...most recently was when I traded my iPhone 4S for a 9900 Bold, and I immediately missed my iPhone and sold the 9900 to buy another without giving the 9900 a real shot.

Well...after getting an iPad2, my whole outlook on the iPhone has dramatically changed. I use very few apps at all, preferring to use them on the larger iPad2 screen. In fact, I've found I'm only really using the iPhone as a...communication device, and have to admit the BlackBerry is its match at that. In fact...as good and fluid as the iOS is, it's almost boring without the apps.

Sooooooo...I'm getting rid of the iPhone 4S and going back to the BB 9900! I plan to take the time to really learn it inside & out, and get back to enjoying all it has to offer. I used to be pro-BlackBerry, and called the iPhone a "toy". Well...I have to admit, I got hooked on the "toy" and coolness of the iPhone. But, now...instead of jumping the BB ship, I'm jumping back on it and looking forward to a "new" adventure...again.

I'm pretty jazzed to be back!
    I'm using a 4S right now. I love the thing, and had even been debating on getting an iPad to accompany it. Here's my question to you: why do you think the BB 9900 is a better communication device than an iPhone? Do you just like having two different platforms? Is it the keyboard? BBM?

The reason I'm curious is because I had thought about getting a 9930. I really like the look of it, but I haven't had a BB in almost 2 years. And the direction that BB has been heading lately has kind of scared me off and I do really like my 4S, so I'm not sold on switching. Plus I know a grand total of 2 people who have BBs and they've both said they're getting iPhones when their contracts are up, so BBM means nothing to me.

Thanks!
    02-08-12 02:36 PM
    Good move. I came back from Android to an older BlackBerry. Traded it. Enjoy the new phone and welcome back.

Chrisy are you becoming a BB fan?
    BBneophile likes this.
    02-08-12 02:40 PM
    how much have you guys spent going back and forth? activation fees alone would be brutal, no? they've got different sim cards right?
    Different SIM cards???
    02-08-12 02:41 PM
    BlackBerry is a better for communication mainly because of the notifications.

Custom LED colors, ability to customize sound profiles and contact sounds and colors.

The keyboard is faster to use, and there are less mistakes made. The iPhone's predictive text makes funny but annoying predictions.

Auto text on BlackBerry makes typing super, super fast. For example, I type BB and the work BlackBerry populates.

The email may not look as nice as on an iPhone but it is quicker usually and more reliable.

I reallt think the LED alone makes the BlackBerry better
    robkd and sashlon like this.
    02-08-12 02:43 PM

Custom LED colors, ability to customize sound profiles and contact sounds and colors.

The keyboard is faster to use, and there are less mistakes made. The iPhone's predictive text makes funny but annoying predictions.

Auto text on BlackBerry makes typing super, super fast. For example, I type BB and the work BlackBerry populates.

The email may not look as nice as on an iPhone but it is quicker usually and more reliable.

Funny! You mention typing is better and you type "work" instead of "word".
    02-08-12 03:43 PM

Somebody's coming around
    02-08-12 03:43 PM
    Funny! You mention typing is better and you type "work" instead of "word".
    Yeah, but that's all me, not the phones fault.

I liked the keyboard on my Android a lot. I just hated the predictive text. I always had to correct it. Turning it off just made typing take longer.

I like spell check on BlackBerry. I like that it underlines the word too.
    02-08-12 04:04 PM
    I did the exact same thing with a 9930. Went back and forth from iPhone 4 to 9930 to iPhone 4S to 9930. I also have an iPad 2 as well. I really think the 9930 is easier to work with as a communication device. I'm glad to see there are others like me. Thought I was crazy!
    02-08-12 09:04 PM

The best advertising Rim has are happy users such as ourselves. As long as people like us keep talking about the benefits of owning a BB more and more people will come back to it.
    02-08-12 10:03 PM
    Holly crap guys! I didn't know it was such a big trend. I too have bb9900 (absolutely love the email and keyboard) and iPad 2 for browsing and apps that the bb doesn't have

With the new wifi hotspot feature on the bb why would anyone need an iPhone when the iPad does it better. Go black-pad!
    02-08-12 10:22 PM
    I just came to Blackberry for the 1st time from a EVO, I also have a Android Samsung Tablet. I discovered that i use more apps on my tab than i do on my EVO, I missed REAL KEYS, i was hating the whole touch. i finally came to BB and i couldnt be happier. I like my combo cuz all the Android stuff i wana fo i still can on my Tab and my wonderful Bold 9900 for my calls, tweets, texting and of course BBM!
    02-11-12 05:37 AM
    I just came to Blackberry for the 1st time from a EVO, I also have a Android Samsung Tablet. I discovered that i use more apps on my tab than i do on my EVO, I missed REAL KEYS, i was hating the whole touch. i finally came to BB and i couldnt be happier. I like my combo cuz all the Android stuff i wana fo i still can on my Tab and my wonderful Bold 9900 for my calls, tweets, texting and of course BBM!
    This is what I've been predicting all along, tablets will change smartphones, smartphones will not need to be so smart anymore and will go back to basics(to a certain extent)
    02-11-12 06:08 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD