this is my device history for the last 4 years:
    n95, n95 8gb, n79, bb8520, bb8900, bb9700, bb9300, bb9780, bb9800, bb9900, iphone 3gs, sgs2, bb9790....

and now my latest phone is........BACK WITH BB9900!

love the keyboard = so good experience typing long sms/email.
    love bbm = with screen grabber combo, my wife & I would share different screen shots we thought might interest each other, not to mention the letters D & R when sending bbm.
    love the email apps = only device with real time push email technology & i mean real time.
    love the browser = smooth & fast.
    love the design = looks premium, expensive & corporate esp with the metal frame.
    love the call quality = for me only bb has a very good call quality as compared to other device.

i don't miss my iphone 3gs or samsung galaxy s2 since i bought ipad2. now that's the best combo for me, IPAD2 for play/games & big screen browsing; BB9900 for work & bbm.......

i love my bb9900 esp with os 7.1.0.205!!
    i love my ipad 2 esp with os 5.1!!

and the best part is.....am not looking forward to bb10 & ipad3.... will stick with my bb9900 & ipad2 for the rest of 2012!
    02-11-12 07:11 AM
    That is a sick combo though I mean you can't go wrong with the Bold and iPad/iPad2 or the iPod Touch and Bold combo as well
    I think unless you like a huge phone any phone tablet combo is the way to go. As the OP said I have the things I want in the tablet that my phone either doesn't do or I wouldn't do on my phone.
    02-11-12 07:33 AM
    my buddy here on cb slammer was losing sleep on his decision between blackberry and iphone. i think he switched about 8 times. lol

me im happy with blackberry. yes im jealous sometimes when commercials or web sites have applications that i cant use but in the end i would only use them once or twice a month so its not a deal breaker for me to have apps.

my phone is a phone, not a computer. if i want to do stuff on the go i bridge my playbook and do it on that.
    02-11-12 07:39 AM
    I have flipped back and forth from BB to iPhone many, many times...most recently was when I traded my iPhone 4S for a 9900 Bold, and I immediately missed my iPhone and sold the 9900 to buy another without giving the 9900 a real shot.

Well...after getting an iPad2, my whole outlook on the iPhone has dramatically changed. I use very few apps at all, preferring to use them on the larger iPad2 screen. In fact, I've found I'm only really using the iPhone as a...communication device, and have to admit the BlackBerry is its match at that. In fact...as good and fluid as the iOS is, it's almost boring without the apps.

Sooooooo...I'm getting rid of the iPhone 4S and going back to the BB 9900! I plan to take the time to really learn it inside & out, and get back to enjoying all it has to offer. I used to be pro-BlackBerry, and called the iPhone a "toy". Well...I have to admit, I got hooked on the "toy" and coolness of the iPhone. But, now...instead of jumping the BB ship, I'm jumping back on it and looking forward to a "new" adventure...again.

I'm pretty jazzed to be back!
    I just came back 2 days ago with the 9900 and iPad 2, perfect, thrilled to be back!
    02-11-12 07:53 AM
    Everything was perfect, I just got the Playbook and I bridged it with my Torch 9800. But I recently dropped my Torch in the snow and now the keyboard is malfunctioning. Although I'm going to miss my Torch... it's the opening I've been waiting for to get a new 9900. lol 9900 here I come!!
    02-11-12 08:18 AM
    I'm amazed at finding this thread, I also just picked up the 9930 two days ago. Once was a huge Blackberry fan doing all the leaked OS's amd tweaks. I led the pack of cutting edge Blackberry tweaking. Over the years I found that Apple worked its way into my world as a iPod and shortly after that grew to the iPod touch. Amazing device for sure and loved all the apps and time just being entertained. This interest led me to the iPhone / iPad 2 for everyday use and left my Blackberry days for dead. After about a year, I started to notice that my iPad was my laptop replacement while on the road and my entertainment in the evenings. The iPhone, well just became a phone again for me, and as a phone it was lacking in a few areas. I missed my Blackberry! Now changing back wasn't easy due to me driving everyone I work with into the iPhone direction and later the iPad. I was the first to jump the Blackberry ship and now the first to return. I find myself more than happy with the new 9930 and will take the beatings from those that I've converted to the iOS world. In due time I'll convince them that the best combo is the blackberry phone and a good pad of choice.

Feels good to be back Crackberry!
    02-11-12 08:24 AM
    Got the iPhone/BIS data plans switched and the 9900 setup to my prefs last night. Had some real adjustment to OS7 vs. the OS5 I came to know and love...but it's all good, and kind of a nice adventure. Still have a tug at my heart to jump back to iPhone, but I think it's just my lazy side wanting to avoid the adjustments and learning curve ahead of me...haha! So far so good...

And as far as the BB/iPad2 combo, it seems to work perfectly for me so far. I had a 32gb PlayBook when I had my first 9900, but sold them both as a package. I'm not too awfully impressed with the PB as it is now...but when 2.0 drops for it, I'll take another look and maybe go that direction.
    02-11-12 08:37 AM
    I'm using a 4S right now. I love the thing, and had even been debating on getting an iPad to accompany it. Here's my question to you: why do you think the BB 9900 is a better communication device than an iPhone? Do you just like having two different platforms? Is it the keyboard? BBM?

The reason I'm curious is because I had thought about getting a 9930. I really like the look of it, but I haven't had a BB in almost 2 years. And the direction that BB has been heading lately has kind of scared me off and I do really like my 4S, so I'm not sold on switching. Plus I know a grand total of 2 people who have BBs and they've both said they're getting iPhones when their contracts are up, so BBM means nothing to me.

Thanks!
    Everyone I know that switched off of a Blackberry misses the communication ability of the BB. They miss the unified message box, the push email, the ease of going through your eamil, text etc.

The OS is really fluidly designed for productivity not games.
    02-11-12 10:08 AM
    Different SIM cards???
    1 micro sim (or normal sim and just cut it down)
    1 Micro sim adaptor
    1 Blackberry
    1 iPhone

No activation charges, you just swap the sim back and forth between devices.

Only caveat is you need a data plan that supports BIS.

With major canadian carriers, if you have a BIS plan, you can swap between iphone and BB easily by exchanging sim.

If you don't have a BIS plan and only regular dataplan, then it won't work.
    02-11-12 10:11 AM
    blackberry rocks - in fact, i am going to get a new one - and send this 9810 to a person i met in Nigeria on BBM

i think they'll like the 9810 over their current curve device - just gotta spread a little love around the world, ya know?

ya, you know
    02-11-12 10:15 AM
    Got the iPhone/BIS data plans switched and the 9900 setup to my prefs last night. Had some real adjustment to OS7 vs. the OS5 I came to know and love...but it's all good, and kind of a nice adventure. Still have a tug at my heart to jump back to iPhone, but I think it's just my lazy side wanting to avoid the adjustments and learning curve ahead of me...haha! So far so good...

And as far as the BB/iPad2 combo, it seems to work perfectly for me so far. I had a 32gb PlayBook when I had my first 9900, but sold them both as a package. I'm not too awfully impressed with the PB as it is now...but when 2.0 drops for it, I'll take another look and maybe go that direction.
    you should try to grab a playbook now, while they're inexpensive - that way, you can get one for less - and 2.0 drops this month anyways, so - nothing to lose except maybe a couple hundred bucks

the playbook, even without the official 2.0, is still the best blackberry accessory a bb owner could have, but that's just my opinion, lol
    02-11-12 10:19 AM
    I have flipped back and forth from BB to iPhone many, many times...most recently was when I traded my iPhone 4S for a 9900 Bold, and I immediately missed my iPhone and sold the 9900 to buy another without giving the 9900 a real shot.

Well...after getting an iPad2, my whole outlook on the iPhone has dramatically changed. I use very few apps at all, preferring to use them on the larger iPad2 screen. In fact, I've found I'm only really using the iPhone as a...communication device, and have to admit the BlackBerry is its match at that. In fact...as good and fluid as the iOS is, it's almost boring without the apps.

Sooooooo...I'm getting rid of the iPhone 4S and going back to the BB 9900! I plan to take the time to really learn it inside & out, and get back to enjoying all it has to offer. I used to be pro-BlackBerry, and called the iPhone a "toy". Well...I have to admit, I got hooked on the "toy" and coolness of the iPhone. But, now...instead of jumping the BB ship, I'm jumping back on it and looking forward to a "new" adventure...again.

I'm pretty jazzed to be back!
    It�s never too late to wake up;
    Good morning 
    02-11-12 10:28 AM
    Just sold my galaxy nexus after a week and back in 9900. No beating the keyboard. Period.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    02-11-12 10:30 AM
    this is my device history for the last 4 years:
    n95, n95 8gb, n79, bb8520, bb8900, bb9700, bb9300, bb9780, bb9800, bb9900, iphone 3gs, sgs2, bb9790....

and now my latest phone is........BACK WITH BB9900!

love the keyboard = so good experience typing long sms/email.
    love bbm = with screen grabber combo, my wife & I would share different screen shots we thought might interest each other, not to mention the letters D & R when sending bbm.
    love the email apps = only device with real time push email technology & i mean real time.
    love the browser = smooth & fast.
    love the design = looks premium, expensive & corporate esp with the metal frame.
    love the call quality = for me only bb has a very good call quality as compared to other device.

i don't miss my iphone 3gs or samsung galaxy s2 since i bought ipad2. now that's the best combo for me, IPAD2 for play/games & big screen browsing; BB9900 for work & bbm.......

i love my bb9900 esp with os 7.1.0.205!!
    i love my ipad 2 esp with os 5.1!!

and the best part is.....am not looking forward to bb10 & ipad3.... will stick with my bb9900 & ipad2 for the rest of 2012!
    Whoa....whoooooaaaa...hold on a sec...how did u get os 5.1 so fast? Where is the leaked version?

you should try to grab a playbook now, while they're inexpensive - that way, you can get one for less - and 2.0 drops this month anyways, so - nothing to lose except maybe a couple hundred bucks

the playbook, even without the official 2.0, is still the best blackberry accessory a bb owner could have, but that's just my opinion, lol
    Os 2.0 is amazing. I just converted an android application to playbook os 2 through the blackberry software with ease. Uploaded it to the market too. The market will be flooded with apps guys cause bb was offering a free playbook to all developers who converted their apps and uploaded them.

IMHO the playbooks screen is a bit too small for my preferences. I went for the iPad 2 because of the screen size and the brightness.
    02-11-12 10:34 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD