1.) HORRIBLE battery life. It drains 30 percent in sitting idle for 3 hours. 5 bars, wifi/bt/NFC off, no apps refreshing.
    2.) Speakerphone randomly stops working. Only a boot reboots it.
    3.) Random what I like to call "vibrations of death" where it'll never-ending vibrate until it reboots itself.
    4.) Read & Delivered notifications randomly dont show up on BBM

Seriously I need anger management after dealing with this BlackBerry. My 9810 never had these bull**** problems. I'm taking it my network provider today.
    12-11-11 11:44 AM
    most likely you had a lemon, try exchanging it for another. I have not experienced any of those problems you had. Am on 540 firmware. try turning the gps/location off as well. 30% drain in 3 hours @ idle is nuts.
    12-11-11 11:48 AM
    do it bro!
    12-11-11 11:49 AM
    Update your os
    12-11-11 12:02 PM
    update your OS, stock OS that ships with the 9900 is crap
    phatmaan likes this.
    12-11-11 12:04 PM
    Update your os
    Its on 7.1
    12-11-11 12:04 PM
    You're using leaked software and complaining - take a couple deep breaths, have a chuckle over your own frustatation and downgrade. If the reason you installed 7.1 was to improve one or all your device's symptoms, then it's advisable to exchange for a new and/or different handset - you, as already stated, have a lemon.
    12-11-11 12:34 PM
    12-11-11 12:39 PM
    Wanna swap then? at least yours works! be happy, I currently have a 9900 sitting on my desk, that doesn't even turn on because it is bricked, you're lucky yours turns on!
    12-11-11 12:40 PM
    I found 7.1 to be very buggy with horrible battery life as well. I downgraded back to .540 and have no regrets whatsoever.

Try downgrading to that OS before returning your device. That OS has been generally stable with good battery life for most people.

If that does not work than return your device for a new one.
    12-11-11 02:02 PM
    Downgrade your OS to .503 or .540. Then see if those problems still arise.
    12-11-11 02:37 PM
    I ran 7.1 for couple of weeks with no major problems. Even battery life was decent.
    You've got a lemon on your hands. Don't bother trying to fix it. Go straight for exchange.
    12-11-11 03:36 PM
    os 7.1 is crap!!! Why upgrade to a very very early leaked build and complain. I don't get you. Downgrade to .585 official or .540 official and if you still have problems than come here!!
    12-11-11 03:38 PM
    Sell the phone to someone who will try an OS version. That doesn't have crappy battery life..
    12-11-11 03:42 PM
    @CatlinFD, sorry to hear about your problems. I can surely understand that kind of frustration ... I endured it with my first -- and only -- Windows Mobile phone. Had your phone been acting so erratically before you installed 7.1? If so, just take it back for an exchange. If not, try reverting to an earlier OS as others have said. I had decent luck with .540 -- stable, though the battery life could have been better. I'm running .585 now as of this morning with no issues whatsoever.

Good luck ... I hope you get it straightened out one way or the other.
    12-11-11 03:48 PM
    wow... downgrade the OS... even after all the posts and such in this forum, ppl still manage to think its ok to complain about a LEAKED EARLY BETA(if not alpha) OS... ugh
    andy957 likes this.
    12-11-11 05:42 PM
    Better and more general question...what the heck is wrong with RIM that they even NEED to keep releasing various versions of software? Why can't they just get it right and, like other manufacturers, sent out a patch or an update to tweak little issues? This battery drain thing is ridiculous...and even more ridiculous is that they ship the phones with a lousy OS.
    12-11-11 06:02 PM
    Better and more general question...what the heck is wrong with RIM that they even NEED to keep releasing various versions of software? Why can't they just get it right and, like other manufacturers, sent out a patch or an update to tweak little issues? This battery drain thing is ridiculous...and even more ridiculous is that they ship the phones with a lousy OS.
    They're doing exactly the same thing other manufactures and software companies do. As to what's wrong with RIM, that's been the subject for many a thread.
    12-11-11 06:07 PM
    Its on 7.1
    See this is the problem, problem of your kind of people--messing around with unstable leaked builds. Always wanting perfection but only to moan and complain when something goes wrong. IT'S A DAMN LEAKED OS! What were you expecting?!

I might have some sympathy and patience if your issues occurred on a carrier approved OS.

andy957 and Kat0908 like this.
    12-11-11 06:14 PM
    See this is the problem, problem of your kind of people--messing around with unstable leaked builds. Always wanting perfection but only to moan and complain when something goes wrong. IT'S A DAMN LEAKED OS! What were you expecting?!

I might have some sympathy and patience if your issues occurred on a carrier approved OS.

Hey, no need for patronizing here. I have tested almost every single leak on 4 different devices and have managed to keep them running perfectly. In fact, some of those carrier approved builds have been total crap. So please, stop harping about how official build will give you no problems.
    12-11-11 06:34 PM
    See this is the problem, problem of your kind of people--messing around with unstable leaked builds. Always wanting perfection but only to moan and ***** when something goes wrong. IT'S A DAMN LEAKED OS! What were you expecting?!

I might have some sympathy and patience if your issues occurred on a carrier approved OS. But until then, save bitchy dramas like this for your dog.

Some people install unofficial and leaked software to fix problems. Others install the "latest and greatest" just because they want to, and wind up breaking things. Make sure you know which you're blasting before you do. Granted, the second might be applicable in this case but this is a little over-the-top.
    12-11-11 06:42 PM
    These problems occurred before I ever put a leak on my device.
    12-11-11 09:27 PM
    These problems occurred before I ever put a leak on my device.
    Then you got a lemon. Take it back for an exchange if you can, because most phones don't have those problems ... even fewer have all of them. And when you get a replacement, be careful to install 3rd party apps one at a time, so if you do have an issue with one it will be easier to isolate. Also, backup your SD card and reformat it. Corrupt mem cards have been known to wreak havoc with these phones in bizarre ways.

Good luck.
    12-11-11 10:25 PM
    I've been running 7.1 since a few days after buying the phone and it has been great. Battery easily lasts the day and with light use will last two. The other day out of curiosity I decided to keep the phone on and not charge over night. It only had light usage (a few short calls, some browsing and messaging, and maybe 30 minutes of streaming radio) but when I checked on the second evening the stats were 31 hours 29 minutes idle and 1 hour 20 minutes in use and the batter was down to 20%.
    Could you have a bad install of the OS? I would try re-installing.
    12-11-11 11:26 PM
    if you really want far superior battery life,then go back to the 9700 or 9780.they can last at least 3 days of usage.rim is not going give the consumers a perfect device.thats why they left out 1500 mhp battery on all their new devices.no devices will ever be perfect.humans aren't perfect either.but does that mean you abandon your commitment to one person to another?companies keep inventing new devices so a consumer continues to buy.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-12-11 01:08 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD