Hi everyone!!

Two days ago I got my new Blackberry Bold 9900 and I was DELIGHTED when I first saw it!

I bought it off ebay (I know, I know...it isn't the wisest choice ever ) and after two days I am starting to be a bit worried.

The phone is clearly new, with no scratches and the screen protectors still on (also the one on the camera!!).

Well, first thing I unlocked it (it was locked on Vodafone) and I put in my Giff Gaff sim card (Giff Gaff is a UK company...very cheap and very convenient and from January they'll be offering a whole range of BB deals...not all BB functions are supported yet).

Anyway, it started soon behaving weird. The first day I was very pleased because when I got home around 9 pm it still had 30% of battery left. But then, while it was in its case, it switched off and I had to take off the battery to switch it on again.

Then, today, at around 1 pm it died again...I turn it on and the battery was completely empty!!! It was on since 8 this morning and I haven't used it much!

I don't have the charger with me and now it is there, dead, in my bag and I am a bit sad.

I think the firmware version is 249... do you think and upgrade would help fixing this issues??

I've never used BB before and I am a bit confused!

I really love this phone,

please help!!!!

Thanks!!!!
    12-15-11 12:27 PM
    That sounds like one of the signature problems of the old OS' haha. Though I never experienced it myself, before I bought my 9900 I read that what you describe was once common.

My advice to you is to download the desktop manager and plug in your BB. You should be prompted to update the software. The new software should fix your issue.

Tyler
    12-15-11 12:37 PM
    welcome to the forum!!! its a great place to find answers to all your blackberry needs.
    the stock OS is crappy update it to the latest. if you have any question about updating, search previous threads or post here,
    12-15-11 01:35 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry forums. Once you get the OS updated you should find yourself in possession of a very fine phone. Best of luck.
    12-15-11 01:59 PM
    firstly, buy a compactible charger and usb cable.
    then download DM and OS *.540
    charge your 9900 and then reload new OS.
    search this forum for reloading OS
    12-15-11 03:09 PM
    i can tell you that the os makes a big difference in battery life. .503 and .540 are both pretty good.
    12-16-11 01:28 AM
    Thank you!!

You've been very helpful!!

I am really happy to know that there is still hope for my BB.

I've just installed the desktop manager, I'll follow your instructions and then I will let you know what happened next

This forum is great!

Orsetto
    12-16-11 06:52 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry forums.
    upgrade the OS first, it can fix the battery life problem.
    12-16-11 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD