Been using the iPhone 4s for over a year. Picked up a used Bold 9000 on a whim and wow I missed the keyboard and LED light. Got me to thinking and decided I'm gonna get a Bold 9900!!! I bought a used htc one x to trade for the Bold and within 10mins of posting on Craigslist I got a hit for an even trade!! Going to meet him at 11 and swap. I will keep my ip4s for the entertainment but will switch plans so I can use bis. Wonder if my old bbm friends are still around?? Lol. Is this a good plan?
    bluetroll, robkd, ny1979 and 1 others like this.
    09-02-12 08:34 AM
    Ofcourse it's a good plan. Knock yourself out.
    mark1914 likes this.
    09-02-12 09:10 AM
    Just going to have to put on my thick skin at work. Nobody and I mean nobody uses Berries in my building. Many teachers probably don't know what a berry is. Lol. I'm a teacher and coach. We al have touchscreen android/iOS devices. Here comes coach with an actual keyboard and small screen. Ha ha ha

I've been playing with the HTC ONE since yesterday and I just can't see
    Myself putting it in and taking it out of my pocket. I mean it's cool. It's got lots of bells and whistles sure. It's just ehhh cool I see how people like the big screen and color. It after that I still use the same apps, Facebook twitter weather channel USA today and pandora.
    robkd likes this.
    09-02-12 09:22 AM
    There's only a couple of people where I work who have a Blackberry too. I hear it all the time that Blackberry is going out of business, and I should get an iPhone. I guess they think Blackberry is a company haha. Anyway, I don't care what anyone says or thinks, I use my 9930 because it works for me, and it's the best device I've ever had. Enjoy your 9900!
    Last edited by princebb; 09-02-12 at 09:37 AM.
    robkd, jaydee5799 and shemaree09 like this.
    09-02-12 09:34 AM
    Everyone has a blackberry where I work, I see some girls with a iphone 4s. I my self had an iphone 4s, I sold it and bought the galaxy s2 Lte, I sold that and bought two 9900's lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-12 09:39 AM
    Everyone has a blackberry where I work, I see some girls with a iphone 4s. I my self had an iphone 4s, I sold it and bought the galaxy s2 Lte, I sold that and bought two 9900's lol.

Two? Nice! I will carry both for awhile as I have to transition all of my contacts and info over. I just hope AT&T won't try and make me get a regular sized sim card. I have an adapter already.
    09-02-12 10:02 AM
    I've been playing with the HTC ONE since yesterday and I just can't see Myself putting it in and taking it out of my pocket. I mean it's cool. It's got lots of bells and whistles sure. It's just ehhh cool I see how people like the big screen and color. It after that I still use the same apps, Facebook twitter weather channel USA today and pandora.
    Yeah I have been using a Droid RAZR for a little while now and I am thinking about moving back to my 9930. The things I like about the Droid are not necessarily enough to offset the negatives for me. One big one is the unwieldy feel of it. I have large hands and even so, I find the Droid awkward to one-hand. Each time I use my wife's Bold to change settings for her, etc. I am like -- yeah this just feels right in the hand.
    09-02-12 10:23 AM
    Just going to have to put on my thick skin at work. Nobody and I mean nobody uses Berries in my building. Many teachers probably don't know what a berry is. Lol. I'm a teacher and coach. We al have touchscreen android/iOS devices. Here comes coach with an actual keyboard and small screen. Ha ha ha

Myself putting it in and taking it out of my pocket. I mean it's cool. It's got lots of bells and whistles sure. It's just ehhh cool I see how people like the big screen and color. It after that I still use the same apps, Facebook twitter weather channel USA today and pandora.
    Now....as a teacher....shouldn't you be immune to peer pressure?!?

Enjoy your 9900. I use other platforms buy there is NO WAY IN A HOT BURNING PLACE that I would ever give up my BBs.

Enjoy your individuality!
    09-02-12 10:34 AM

I'm a teacher and I use a 9930.
    The coaches use the iPads because they do some attendance-taking on them and they have large classes.
    Who cares what everyone else carries? I can text faster than the 16 year olds I teach! HAHA
    Oh and run a fantasy football league from the 9930 and catch a flight and balance my checkbook and get driving directions read to me and listen to Mike&Mike in the Morning and read my RSS feeds and.......
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 09-02-12 at 10:48 AM.
    deezy87, shemaree09, robkd and 1 others like this.
    09-02-12 10:45 AM
    I'm a teacher and I use a 9930.
    The coaches use the iPads because they do some attendance-taking on them and they have large classes.
    Who cares what everyone else carries? I can text faster than the 16 year olds I teach! HAHA
    Oh and run a fantasy football league from the 9930 and catch a flight and balance my checkbook and get driving directions read to me and listen to Mike&Mike in the Morning and read my RSS feeds and.......
    I'd like to comment on the point about taking a flight and have directions...

It is a bit of a hijack but the combination of BB Travel and BB Traffic is phenomenal. I prefer these two together than anything else.

OK, sorry to derail....carry on....
    09-02-12 11:52 AM
    Well i did it! I am now the owner of a Bold 9900! This thing is awesome! Need to finish customizing and setting things up. Also need new bbm friends. Seems my old ones are all off blackberry.

robkd likes this.
    09-02-12 12:18 PM
    Congratulations, Enjoy your 9900!
    09-02-12 12:54 PM
    congrats on that brand new 9900.. I recently came crawling back to Blackberry with a brand new 9900 from a nokia lumia 710 that I had for 7 months.. Windows phone OS just didnt do it for me and I felt more comfortable with blackberry. Really my LED light and notifications and keyboard is what I miss the most.. Very happy with my decision loving my bold 9900.. :-)
    ralphydelgado and mark1914 like this.
    09-02-12 02:35 PM
    Congrats! I know just one other person who has a blackberry. I'm an Assistant Principal at a middle school and just about everyone has an iPhone. The only way I'm going to iPhone is if RIM goes out of business. Otherwise I'll never give up BlackBerry phones. They're the best!!!!!!!!!!
    09-02-12 11:49 PM
    Most law and accounting firms only use bb still.
    09-03-12 01:43 AM
    Most law and accounting firms only use bb still.
    Organisations and companies charged with protecting sensitive or private information use Bb more frequently than anything else.
    For instance, federal government. Aside from specific special projects they use BB if there is access behind agency firewalls.
    09-03-12 10:30 AM
    Me and all my friends use BlackBerries of some sort. Most of them even tried to switch to other platforms but failed. Over here in England and the U.K generally. When me and some buddies fancy football on an evening group chats are indispensable for it.
    09-03-12 10:55 AM
    Was just harrased by one of my assistant coaches for having a Berry. He has the Galaxy Note and poked fun at the size of my screen. He was holding his screen at full arms reach and asked me if I could do the same on my Bold and read the page. I actually couldn't.
    09-03-12 07:19 PM
    Why do you need too?
    shemaree09 likes this.
    09-03-12 07:28 PM
    Congratulations you made a great choice! I have the 9930 and with the latest OS its that much better. Enjoy your new device!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-12 07:43 PM
    I'll be getting that tomorrow as well, one has galaxy S, and the other has the iphone, and one has the BB torch four year and he's not looking to upgrade wow. I had the BB got the shakes and went and got the iphone back I did that two times. (fool) and the I seen the review Kevin did on the conference about the RIM and i made the switch again. but this time it felt right I no longer wanted the iphone I just wish I could have it white.
    09-03-12 07:49 PM
    Was just harrased by one of my assistant coaches for having a Berry. He has the Galaxy Note and poked fun at the size of my screen. He was holding his screen at full arms reach and asked me if I could do the same on my Bold and read the page. I actually couldn't.
    Play the same game with him. Next time on a sunny day ask to see his screen.
    09-03-12 10:25 PM
    Yep the 9930 is a great choice.

Enjoy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-04-12 12:01 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you Mark. I went from a 9780 to an iphone 4s for about a year. Then went to a Nexus, then to an SIII, now I'm back on a 9930 and couldn't be happier. I do miss some of the apps like the different banking apps etc. But I still have a latest gen iPad so I can get my fix there, and still have the ease of using the best keyboard ever made.
    09-04-12 07:31 AM
    no real need to be able to do that lol.

check to see how his battery life is mid-day lol

My iPhone friend constantly harasses me about my Berry but everywhere we go for an extended period of time, she has to charge her phone because its dying.
    09-04-12 09:25 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD