So my assessment so far; I picked up my BB 9900 yesterday and I use it as my second phone - my other handset is a iPhone 3GS and I have to say so far that I am very impressed with things like email/fb/twitter/BBM, the reception quality is excellent, the touch screen works very well (better than what I expected)

Things that I'm still looking to test properly is the battery life, I've read mixed reviews about this. However, so long as my phone can deal with my daily useage then I'll be happy.

I'm not happy that there isn't a LinkedIn app yet and the BB app store isn't as great as the Apple version but then that isn't why I have a iPhone to do all that stuff with.

Does anyone have interesting thoughts to add about the BB 9900?
    10-08-11 07:09 AM
    It won't be long until it's your primary device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 07:40 AM
    The 99xx battery will handle your daily usage, and most likely 2 days... I guarantee it.

Welcome aboard new guy!
    10-08-11 08:51 AM
    Glad you like it. Hope it becomes the primary device.
    10-08-11 09:33 AM
    I think apps are great. Really. I think that. What I don't get when people complain about apps stores is how many apps do they buy on a regular basis.

The iphone is great to look at. The nice good apps aren't free.

10-08-11 11:03 AM
    its is a great phone but battery life has been terrible. have updated to 440 last noght and that has made a huge difference, i dont know if its cos ive deleted apps i dont use but its like a different phone(battery wise)
    10-08-11 12:58 PM
    its is a great phone but battery life has been terrible. have updated to 440 last noght and that has made a huge difference, i dont know if its cos ive deleted apps i dont use but its like a different phone(battery wise)
    Since I do not think you would be able to notice a battery difference with the installation taking place so soon. I would tend to think it was some/one/all of the apps you deleted.
    10-08-11 01:02 PM
    I fall in love with my blackberry every time I use it. No lie. I've had iPhone, iPhone 3GS, bb9700, inspire 4g, and by far my 9930 is the best. Loved my 9700 too. They make life so much easier.
    10-08-11 08:55 PM
    The 99xx battery will handle your daily usage, and most likely 2 days... I guarantee it.

Welcome aboard new guy!
    2 days?

Big LOLs.

10-08-11 09:13 PM

Welcome aboard new guy!
    Tell me your secret! Mine lasts a day max -_-
    10-08-11 09:17 PM
    The secret is there is no 2 day battery life for the 99XX.

Period.

10-08-11 09:19 PM
    Most of my buddies are getting 1.5-2 days on a full charge, quite impressive. I'm ready to make the move to the 9930 and probably the i4s.

10-08-11 09:29 PM
    I used mine pretty hard today. Had it off the charger early at 6 am...right now I have 35% battery left. This has been consistent since I have it over 3 weeks now.

Jimmy_UK likes this.
    10-08-11 09:32 PM
    My phone lasts me about 12 hours with medium usage. I have never seen/heard of anyone able to use their 9900 for 2 days, maybe if they turn off 3G?
    10-08-11 09:44 PM
    So my assessment so far; I picked up my BB 9900 yesterday and I use it as my second phone - my other handset is a iPhone 3GS and I have to say so far that I am very impressed with things like email/fb/twitter/BBM, the reception quality is excellent, the touch screen works very well (better than what I expected)

Things that I'm still looking to test properly is the battery life, I've read mixed reviews about this. However, so long as my phone can deal with my daily useage then I'll be happy.

I'm not happy that there isn't a LinkedIn app yet and the BB app store isn't as great as the Apple version but then that isn't why I have a iPhone to do all that stuff with.

Does anyone have interesting thoughts to add about the BB 9900?
    Here is the LinkedIn app for BlackBerry LinkedIn for BlackBerry | LinkedIn Cheers!!

totallygone and kingramo81 like this.
    10-08-11 10:25 PM
    Even having 3G off you wont last 2 days off a charge. People that say they get that long battery life with a 9900 are not using the phone much plain and simple. Mg S2 gets better battery life then my 9900.and k still charge it overnight. I might have 30% left before I go to bed.
    10-08-11 11:05 PM
    No, really, it lasts 5 whole days.

LoL

10-08-11 11:08 PM
    No, really, it lasts 5 whole days.

LoL

I never said that I said 1.5-2 days. What's your problem??

10-09-11 12:20 AM
    just get rid of the iPhone already...
    10-09-11 12:25 AM
    Even having 3G off you wont last 2 days off a charge. People that say they get that long battery life with a 9900 are not using the phone much plain and simple. Mg S2 gets better battery life then my 9900.and k still charge it overnight. I might have 30% left before I go to bed.
    Like you know what all other people get out of their phones

Troll moar -_-
    10-09-11 02:04 AM
    ...moderate usage gets me a couple of days' battery life before needing to charge again. 3G on (w/ a usually pretty good signal), apps properly closed, Facebook, Twittter, BB News and Social Feeds only being updated manually, I don't use BBM but do browse, text, email, make several calls etc etc.
    10-09-11 02:16 AM
    Close this thread! Wow.

10-09-11 10:29 AM
    I never said that I said 1.5-2 days. What's your problem??

Ignore Laz, shes/hes just a stupid little troll with nothing better to do than to come here and create trouble...

I get a good days use out of mine but then i have a charger at work and at home...so im good to go really but i have a fairly high useage on my 9900 and im quite pleased with battery useage so far...much better than my Samsung Galaxy S2 which truly sucked for battery life.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 10-09-11 at 11:08 AM.
    10-09-11 11:06 AM
    after three years with the 9350 and 9550, this 9930 is a dream with battery life. i'm estatic getting a whole days usage!
    10-09-11 11:11 AM
    The longer I have it, the better I like it. No battery problems, but I don't play games, watch movies, etc. on it - lots of email, though.
    10-09-11 11:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD