When all is said and done its not the outages thats bothered me, I can get my mail on the iPad or PC at the office, so its been a little bit of aggro this last few days but nothing to make me want to dump the BB 9900 and go back to my IP4, however this morning that changed.
    I have had my 9900 for 3 weeks, bought it sim free here in the uk from a trade distributor, as I have my own independent phone store, day of release it was 389 +VAT and I bit the bullet, the IP4 I had been using for the last 12 months was what I ditched my 9700 for and I couldnt wait to get back to BB as I love the way they work and I have had all the Bolds except the 9780, so I was chomping at the bit when the 9900 was released.
    Again this phone is only 3 weeks old, first thing was no UMA, I was gutted but various reports said it is on its way, ok I am a patient guy and can wait, its expected November, then I get a message from Orange Dealer Support yesterday that there has been a change to the rollout and the 9900 UMA is now not expected until January 2012, so again I look on the bright side and decide to wait.
    Last night a friend called me and it was a little hard to hear him so I turned the volume up on my phone and all of a sudden the sound became really distorted, like the speaker had popped, what a PITA, ended the cal and tried to call home and the audio was so distorted I couldnt hold a conversation.
    I called the distributor and he told me that its a simple process, I return the phone to them, and they send me a refurbished 9900 (what ?) but thats only after a 3 week wait for RIM to check my faulty phone for water damage or user damage. If my teeth were false ones they would have fallen out, to say I am shattered at this news is a major understatement. The majority of my customers are SME's and individual business customers and I predominantly sell BB equipment, luckily I have not had a faulty sim free one as yet because I cannot for the life of me think what a customer would say if I told them they are going to be without their phone for 3 weeks. Like me these people rely on these devices to run businesses, and given that BB is aimed at business use I cannot believe this is standard procedure for a less than 28 day old faulty handset.

Well all I can say is I am cured ! but gutted.
    Last edited by Lumalee; 10-13-11 at 05:30 AM.
    10-13-11 05:15 AM
    Wow... Three weeks, that is pretty bad!

Have you considered Android? Granted, they're not ALWAYS as solidly built as iPhones, but the vast majority have fewer issues than the 9900's from what I've seen here.

Apple have their stores which are awesome for service, but Android phones aren't far behind... An example: My HTC died on me this weekend, took it to the HTC store where they directed me to their official repair partner. This was Monday. And this morning I got an email from them saying that it's fixed and ready to be picked up tomorrow. All in all pretty good service I'd say!
    10-13-11 05:34 AM
    I hear you on that one mate, similar circumstances, 9700 to i4 to 9900, frustrated at no uma and no hotspot as that was the reason for buying really. Then two weeks ago it goes into a boot loop and I couldnt get it to stop. Bought phone sim free online to my business address, because it was over 28 days and business customer i couldnt return to dealer so went to RIM, they told me $49 to speak to technical and even then if it was faulty they wouldnt exchange as they only deal with service providers. What the **** does someone do with a sim free handset when it fails then, orange quite rightly wouldnt want to know since i didnt buy it through them so i was stuffed.

Another member managed to sort this for me with some help but what good is a two year warranty when they wont honour it. My i4s is being delivered tomorrow and the 20 BB units my staff are supplied with will be changed over at the next upgrade, not going through this hassle any more. anyone want a 9900 like new with a 64gb playbook but dont count on getting any warranty if they ever went wrong.

Hope you get yours sorted I really do but I've had enough of stuff not working or not even being present on the phone.
    10-13-11 09:20 AM
    Tried a Droid for a month and came running back to RIM. Between the 3 pages of uninstallable bloatware and 6 hour battery life they can keep it. I won't even get started on the iPhone....just read their 20 page EULA. RIM might have some issues but they are by far the best out there IMO. Also, if everyone who loved their 9900/9930 posted here the forum would be clogged. 9/10 people only post these forums if they have issues with their devices not if they love them.
    knowledge_6 likes this.
    10-13-11 09:32 AM
    Quit your cryin and go have your apple.
    10-13-11 10:06 AM
    First off, it's completely wrong to buy a device based on future expected upgrades (uma). That's entirely your fault. Second, this is a Carrier issue with the repair and return. Verizon replaced mine twice with brand new, shipped overnight no charge. They also provided a prepaid shipping label to return the old ones. No waiting for 3 weeks.
    otacon#AC and ajaffarali like this.
    10-13-11 10:23 AM
    KJJB, I would like to correct your assumptions and or misreading of my post or even how it works here in the UK.

The 9900 has been marketed by Orange UK as having UMA on launch day and this was in their new brochure released in August of this year, so I bought based on this information. So thats me NOT buying on future expected upgrades nor is it entirely my fault.

You seem to be a layperson when it comes to terminology in the mobile industry, because I stated that the phone was bought sim free from a distributor (of RIM products) as a trade customer, which I am, and not wanting to sound condescending but sim free means it has not been bought from a network or carrier thus negating any owness on them to sort out the repair. Even someone like you must agree that from the statements made by me and another poster RIM customer service for the trade is a little lacking if none existant.

@Gray, aint crying at all, more complaining at the lack of service from a company I expected more of, probably the same as how I feel about sensible discussion being interupted by "2 cells" like your goodself with nothing constructive to say or add. Troll somewhere else please.

@otacon, thanks for the comments, sensible and constructive must say so thanks for that. Apart from the UMA which I can wait for I love the 9900 as a device, probably the best device RIM have ever produced to date, but the warranty issue has really messed me up, its not what I expected from a company like RIM, having said that the last 3 days and all its problems has probably put some light on how RIM deals with its customers.
    10-13-11 04:21 PM
    Lumalee

I feel your "pain"

I wrote similar thread about this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issues-659325/

Its not the same issues as yours, but the subject is quite similar, RIM build quality is very Bad, and their Products is not functioning as well as advertised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 04:43 PM
    KJJB, I would like to correct your assumptions and or misreading of my post or even how it works here in the UK.

The 9900 has been marketed by Orange UK as having UMA on launch day and this was in their new brochure released in August of this year, so I bought based on this information. So thats me NOT buying on future expected upgrades nor is it entirely my fault.

You seem to be a layperson when it comes to terminology in the mobile industry, because I stated that the phone was bought sim free from a distributor (of RIM products) as a trade customer, which I am, and not wanting to sound condescending but sim free means it has not been bought from a network or carrier thus negating any owness on them to sort out the repair. Even someone like you must agree that from the statements made by me and another poster RIM customer service for the trade is a little lacking if none existant.

@Gray, aint crying at all, more complaining at the lack of service from a company I expected more of, probably the same as how I feel about sensible discussion being interupted by "2 cells" like your goodself with nothing constructive to say or add. Troll somewhere else please.

@otacon, thanks for the comments, sensible and constructive must say so thanks for that. Apart from the UMA which I can wait for I love the 9900 as a device, probably the best device RIM have ever produced to date, but the warranty issue has really messed me up, its not what I expected from a company like RIM, having said that the last 3 days and all its problems has probably put some light on how RIM deals with its customers.
    Unfortunately, one of the cons of buying sim-free, as RIM/BlackBerry usually deals with a tertiary party as a go between when dealing with warranty issues. In most cases, like above, the carrier will replace and then send the unit to be checked. As a large provider, they can afford to do that. I suspect your distributor cannot.
    10-13-11 04:51 PM

You are a distributor but not of blackberries?
    10-13-11 05:03 PM
    After re-reading your posts, I would now be more concerned that you do not have a written return policy with your disty, and that they are not doing what it takes to make a customer happy.

Thanks for clarifying the info about Orange and it being sim-free. Wasn't aware of that, my apologies.
    10-13-11 05:11 PM
    No probs at all no offence taken, I am too long in the tooth both in years on the planet and years in the mobile industry to let things bother me these days.

But yup spoke to my disty today and they are probably one of the biggest in the UK, wont budge on it at all, got to send it back to them completely, box charger everything and expect to get a refurb back in its its place. I scoured the web for spares today hoping I could find an earpiece speaker but it seems like it comes with and is attached to the LCD and digi, so that wont be cheap even if it is available at the moment. back to the drawing board.
    10-14-11 03:46 PM
    Quit your cryin and go have your apple.
    Not helpful, actually.
    10-15-11 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD