Go ahead and do it! Ive been a BB user for many years. against my better sense i went with an iphone4s ( replace a well worn 9700 ), this lasted one week. Back to BB 9900 and by far the best device there is. I listened to Rogers store employees flat out tell me they dont recomend the BB 9900 due to battery issues, Glitches, Even flat out refuse to sell me one! ( my battery is fine and my phone works perfect! ) Heard from people the virtues of android and Apple. Guess what? i tried them all and back to faithful BB. I know the BB10 will be out. why buy a BB now? i will say i need the best device to get my job done now!! when BB10 comes out i will see if its a good fit and im sure i will be dazzled with a sexy BB and will be lured to buy the phone. On a side note, one of my clients is a senior software guy at BB and he just laughs at the possibility of BB not being around. all media B.S.
    DocDRM, Matt J, redantz and 4 others like this.
    07-06-12 12:57 PM
    You are kinda late in the game.. But nonetheless, congrats. I'm glad you have come to your senses.. Lol.. J/p!
    07-06-12 01:07 PM
    I hear ya OP, I was holding out for BB10, my 9800 was on its last legs after being dropped and smashed a couple of hundred times. However, with the depressing and angered news that BB10 was delayed again, I caved in and went the next day and purchased a 9900, and WOW, is it ever a nice piece of kit.

I am sorry now I waited, I should've pounced right away as I've always done, instead I denied myself the fantastic user experience this phone brings.
    07-06-12 02:47 PM
    I bought my Bold for full price ($615 after tax) a day before it was officially released by Rogers last summer and have not regretted it a single day.
    07-06-12 02:52 PM
    I don't think I can ever go back to a BB without a touchscreen. Love my 9900 to death.
    redantz and flash24 like this.
    07-06-12 02:55 PM
    Don't wait go ahead and do it. It's the best BB yet.
    07-06-12 04:48 PM
    whoa, old faithful
    07-06-12 04:54 PM
    If YOU'RE thinking of it, go ahead and get one!
    Love my 9930!!!
    AbuYazeedUK and flash24 like this.
    07-06-12 05:17 PM
    The 9900 /9930 is the flagship of BlackBerry (RIM) and it is the best device they have put out on the market.
    07-06-12 05:27 PM
    I had a 9780 for a year and a half. The 9900 has a better keyboard, screen is nicer and the touch is great. I like it a lot. I hope we get a new release soon, .523 is good and I think later ones will be better. Battery life is much improved.
    07-06-12 05:46 PM
    Its the best phone I've ever had or used. Take the plunge.

Wrong word. Just go for it.
    07-06-12 06:23 PM
    Best phone I've ever had too!!!!
    07-06-12 06:27 PM
    Battery Life is pretty greaat ever since the update i had to do!
    07-06-12 07:00 PM
    9900 is a Beautiful phone and has everything I need.
    I'm different, I guess *we're different.
    I purchased this phone outright a month ago to use a long side
    my 9810 and I actually have not use the 9810 since.
    My friend just got a Galaxy S3 yesterday and just looking at his
    huge keyless phone makes me love my phone more
    07-06-12 07:01 PM
    I agree.MY FAVORITE PHONE BY FAR. I have had iphone, torch 9810 and a 9860. Bold is awesome. Only thing battery not as strong as torch. I got P9981, I like my 9900 better. Porsche phone lacks ergonomic key board. Harder to locate keys with out looking.
    Hope BBM10 incorperates all unique features that Blackberry offers plus extra's.
    07-06-12 07:04 PM
    Torch 9810 is better
    had a 9900 and i sold it and got the torch
    07-06-12 07:37 PM
    Best phone I've ever owned. The battery life has been great since I upgraded to 7.1. I love my 9930. The touch screen/qwerty keyboard is the best form factor for me.
    07-06-12 08:01 PM
    Love my 9900
    07-06-12 08:20 PM
    Love my 9900
    Just to chime in, after waiting and avoiding an early upgrade for the last couple of months, just got my 9900 from ATT on Tuesday, was planning on moving everything from my 9800 on the 4th but spent the day on the yard!!!!

Still haven't fired it up, but in the mail today from CrackBerry were 2 new 99xx docks - one for me one for my GF (1 month old 9930/verizon).

Sure love the annual upgrade instead of waiting 2 years like so many folks (small biz acct).

Anyway, sitting here making sure I read up on OS loading so I can get 7.1 rocking before I make the SIM card swap - I can't WAIT to Bridge Remote my PlayBook64gb with this thing!!

Berry Fever, other ATT'rs - what OS y'all using? I need HotSpot and NFC for sure . . . Been reading mic issues and HotSpot issues - this will be my first OS load outside of official OTA's from my carrier.
    07-06-12 08:43 PM
    I love both these phones.... I swap them almost weekly... swap them more than swapping purses!
    07-06-12 08:55 PM
    If you're thinking about it, you should probably bang your head against a wall for a few minutes for even considering it. I've had many BlackBerrys (BlackBerries?) and I have finally drawn the line with the 9900.

I have the latest OS, and 2 apps installed. It is slow, the web browser doesn't work, YouTube doesn't work, it freezes, resets itself randomly, and the backlight on the 'back' and 'hang up' keys turns off randomly. It is a poorly built, unthoughtful device and I am finally switching to a real phone such as the Galaxy SIII or iPhone.

Here's hoping RIM goes out of business sooner than later.

EDIT: oh yeah and RIM refuses to replace it even though it is under a year old.
    07-06-12 09:02 PM
    I love both these phones.... I swap them almost weekly... swap them more than swapping purses!
    HEY - look y'all - it's a celebrity spotting!!!

Congrats on the story jBabe!!!
    07-06-12 09:38 PM
    If you're thinking about it, you should probably bang your head against a wall for a few minutes for even considering it. I've had many BlackBerrys (BlackBerries?) and I have finally drawn the line with the 9900.

I have the latest OS, and 2 apps installed. It is slow, the web browser doesn't work, YouTube doesn't work, it freezes, resets itself randomly, and the backlight on the 'back' and 'hang up' keys turns off randomly. It is a poorly built, unthoughtful device and I am finally switching to a real phone such as the Galaxy SIII or iPhone.

Here's hoping RIM goes out of business sooner than later.

EDIT: oh yeah and RIM refuses to replace it even though it is under a year old.

Got to call it as I see it. Having dealt with RIM on a phone issue I call "BS".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-06-12 10:01 PM
    Got to call it as I see it. Having dealt with RIM on a phone issue I call "BS".

Not sure what you're calling BS. Just because you've gotten good service doesn't mean every single person has. I understand this is a pro BlackBerry forum but you guys have to see the turmoil the company is in. I'm just being realistic. Take the good with the bad.
    07-06-12 10:46 PM
    Not sure what you're calling BS. Just because you've gotten good service doesn't mean every single person has. I understand this is a pro BlackBerry forum but you guys have to see the turmoil the company is in. I'm just being realistic. Take the good with the bad.

I looked at your earlier post and I may have jumped to conclusions when I called BS. However you have to admit that the tone of your original post was very hateful and easily taken as exaggerated. I do find it hard to believe that RIM wouldn't work through the problems with you though. After they told you to reload the 0S and it didn't help did you call them back? I wonder because they spent a couple of hours with me over an 0S problem on my phone that I caused. They even went so far as to call me back the next day to follow up and make sure all was well with my phone. .

07-06-12 11:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD