I returned my 9930 because of the sound quality. People said it sounded like I was in an echo chamber everytime I made a call. Have had my 2nd 9930 for a week and have the same problem. It's going back today.
    update the software to .374
    11-01-11 06:56 PM
    Well, for me my screen and keyboard stopped responding, followed by black screen of death
    11-01-11 07:52 PM
    i had absolutely no issues with my 9900. in fact, it was near flawless.

however, i sold it as there are many missing apps for OS7 and when i tried out a galaxy SII, i was truly convinced and i realized just how limiting owning a Blackberry is nowadays.

so that's the reason why I sold it.
    11-01-11 08:55 PM
    JVM 517 white screen last thursday. Couldn't get the device to connect to do an OS wipe. Got my replacement yesterday.

Love this phone... just really hope this issue never happens again. Its sooooo annoying that the DM can't back up 3rd party apps (and there is no way to do a device switch when the device can't connect...)
    11-01-11 10:42 PM
    too many incompatible apps
    11-01-11 11:36 PM
    Bricked itself. JVM error 107. Many errors getting into app world. Screen freezes all the time. Shuts off and reboots on its own. Errors in bbm. Rim took logs and ordered a RMA for the phone with the carrier. This ph is junk and rim has dropped the ball with another unfinished product. I'm back to using my torch least it get signal the bold had terrible service SOS all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 06:45 AM
    I had to exchange my 2 week old bold today. After bootup it would wipe itself..

11-02-11 05:36 PM
    I got dust under the screen! I'm assuming it was mexico built because the trackpad was raised a little bit and it squeeked. I had to argue with verizon for about 2 hours that it is impossible for me to put dust under the screen. After 2 hours and 3 agents later I was hung up on. I get a call the next day and they said, of course that is covered under warranty...thanks verizon, I will be switching carriers in spring 2012 when my contract is up.

So i got my replacement phone and the track pad is flush with the other buttons and doesnt squeek. I hope this phone won't be like the last.
    11-05-11 09:22 PM
    Man i was so excited but after reading all this now Im not sure if I should go pick one up tomorrow???
    11-05-11 11:20 PM
    bricked slow red blinking light
    11-06-11 05:30 AM
    Man i was so excited but after reading all this now Im not sure if I should go pick one up tomorrow???
    stay away from 99x0. save yourself while you still can.
    11-06-11 05:46 AM
    The 9900 is definitely RIM's greatest device. But RIM's QC is terrible I'd admit.. Mostly for their phones coming out the Mexico plant, as the ones frm Hungary seem largely OK and end up with less complaints, I've noticed. But with every batch of phones there will always be defective pieces.. Read thru the forums n if the positives do woo you in, get the phone. Because you could always do an exhange or two under warranty if you get a defect.

Sidenote: I found out thru experience with my Torch 9800 that exchanging for a refurbished piece is usually better than exchanging for a new set..because the refurbished ones get sent back to the techs for servicing of all known common faults to-date. The new ones come straight out of the factory with the same risk of faults as the defective piece that was picked up in the first place!

Edit: And I forgot to add that I switched up from the 9800 Torch, and it is eons better than that model. The 9800 was one of RIM's biggest mistakes imo. 9900 is their best move.

Last edited by nashstruck; 11-06-11 at 07:18 PM.
    11-06-11 05:53 AM
    Wow, lots of issues. I'm def waiting til the 99xx's are more stable before I get one. Way too many errors right now. Ouch.
    11-06-11 06:11 AM
    I had a lovely experince with my bold while having dinner 2 nights ago. I started dinner with a battery life of 50%. Hour in I felt something very warm almost hot in my left breast pocket. I take out my phone and notice alot of heat coming off the back of the phone and the battery life down to 20%. At this point I turned off the phone to conserve battery. 20 mins later while the phone was off still the back of the phone was now even warmer. I turned it on and see while being off the remaining 20% of battery was drained.

I took the phone the next morning to a Sprint repair store and now I will be getting a replacement because they couldnt resolve the issue at the store.
    11-06-11 07:38 AM
    Just made the call to return mine. Fully bricked. Black screen and a red light.

Does anyone have the image from the "I've nuked my bb twice now" the mushroom cloud.

11-06-11 08:19 AM
    The wireless radio was broken couldnt detect any other wireless networks had to be within 10 feet of the router itself, got it replaced everything seems to be working fine now
    11-06-11 08:43 AM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD