I exchanged a VZW 9930 because the lockscreen button on the top stopped working. They sent a new one, and now this one has faint horizontal lines traveling through the screen like an 80's computer. I've tried every different brightness level, on or off of the charger, etc. The third replacement is in the mail. Disappointed because this Blackberry is my 4th over the last several years, and I've never had issues. I'm a BB lover at heart though! Let's just say the third replacement is going to get checked with a fine tooth comb!!
    09-14-11 02:32 AM
    Experiencing the sporadic auto scrolling up with my phone, exchanging it tomorrow. I paid $$$ not to inconvenience myself RIM.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    09-17-11 05:19 AM
    Returning my 9930 because of raised trackpad and the "delete" key is falling off. Getting Samsung Galaxy S2 now. Played with GS2 in a sprint store and looks very promising.
    09-17-11 09:51 AM
    Anyone exchange because the battery wouldn't charge completely to 100%? I'm still trying to figure out if it's normal for the battery to never reach 100% even after leaving it charging overnight... this doesn't always happen, but happens often enough that it tells me something is not right, just don't know what!
    09-17-11 11:13 AM
    first time i took my new 9900 home it wouldn't charge at all and just showed an empty battery bar on the screen with a red x through it, replaced battery and seems to be working okay, but i do have a couple of issues with the way it runs.
    09-18-11 01:16 AM
    #1 the metal bezel was razor sharpe and the pad was sunk in.
    #2 kept randomly inputting "nmmmm".... figured out it was the bezel being to tight (if you put a little pressure on the side it would replicate the issue) and the bottom lip was raised
    #3 the trackpad didnt work at all out of the box
    #4 works/looks flawless

a lot are not really valid reasons to exchange

can't validate gmail... sign into gmail captcha unlock (problem is gmail not the software/device).
    can't scroll up on an sms convo... softrest.
    emails wouldn't delete? were they emails you restored from a back up? and did you try deleting the servicebooks?.
    pressing the esc key and task show up... click the sleep button (known issue tied to the os not the device).
    "Enter Bedside Mode" didn't work, exchanged and worked fine till you restored a back your back up... that already explains you have a corrupt backup (reload and do a selective restore)

but without a doubt there is a huge issue with this device
    09-18-11 03:13 AM
    I am returning my 9900 due to poor signal reception. I spent a long time on a call with a technician who remote downloaded a software upgrade. My wife's torch has full signal on Vodafone UK. the cheap and cheerful spare handset has full signal. My 9900 on Vodafone in the same location drops signal and goes sos only. I also experienced the same issue at work and out and about.

I have been advised to take it to a store for an exchange. Despite it being a web upgrade.

I love the phones features and functions, but it is an expensive ornament if you cant make calls with it.

Vodafone UK customer.
    09-18-11 03:56 AM
    II haven't had trouble like most of you & the only thing I worry's me in a low signal are some time's the signal meter will fall to zero bar's but the phone doesn't seem to be loosing signal it will still receive text & email's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 07:05 PM
    forget defending this phone... i was beyond excited for it's release BUT 4th device and all have been from different plants and all have been defective hardware.

all the bolds previous to the 9900 i had have been quality but the 9900 has become trash in termsof quality in my eyes now.

4th replacement and the trachpad is sunk in... demanding a 9810 tomorrow
    mustangv8 likes this.
    09-19-11 03:01 AM
    I returned my 9930 because of the sound quality. People said it sounded like I was in an echo chamber everytime I made a call. Have had my 2nd 9930 for a week and have the same problem. It's going back today.
    09-19-11 11:17 AM
    Ordered the first day available, 29 days later jvm 517. 6 friends returning for exact same reason.....hmmmm
    09-22-11 09:25 PM
    1st one "died" and couldn't be revived,
    2nd one had a defective screen resolution. The display had a bluish hue to it and the colors were lack luster compared to another one side by side.

3rd time is a charm........fingers crossed!

09-22-11 09:30 PM
    Ordered the first day available, 29 days later jvm 517. 6 friends returning for exact same reason.....hmmmm
    I had the dreaded 517 error. I did a phone wipe with BBSAK and that changed it to the 504 error. Then I reloaded my software and everything from that point has been fine. Tmo had told me that 517 error is for a defective phone and that nothing could be done other than a phone exchange. I just decided to give it a shot and it worked.

09-22-11 09:39 PM
    had to return it cause the trackpad was malfunctioning. it just kept scrolling up on its own.
    did this only happen in low light? Does your new phone's trackpad work regardless of lighting?
    09-26-11 05:06 PM
    call-end panel was raised so high above the screen it would almost cut into my finger when dragging down on to the trackpad

10-29-11 12:33 PM
    TJF54-Exactly the same problem,screen and surround not flush-sent away a month ago for repair-not seen since-Cable&Wireless,Guernsey.

10-29-11 12:37 PM
    Returned first unit because of sqweaky trackpad and raised centre buttons which created a sharp edge against the screen.

Now on replacement which is also going back because it has a line of bad pixels vertically on the screen (about a cm in from the left side).

Tempted to give in and get a Galaxy S2....

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...75#post6808475

Last edited by Jimmy_UK; 10-29-11 at 06:16 PM.
    10-29-11 06:05 PM
    My first device was returned due to making backup files on IPD while im running a windows 7 laptop, I don't know why but it was the weirdest thing, I still in my head think it was due to the sales associate at Tmobile setting my phone up which I have never allowed and never will allow again. Second one has been running perfectly so far and its been about 2 weeks
    10-31-11 10:39 AM
    The 0 (zero) button didn't work on my first 9930. My second one would freeze when I tried to update to OS7, even took it to a VZW store and it froze there as well. On my third 9930 now. My wife just laughs at me. Here iPhone 4S gives her NO problems... Think it may be time to jump off the sinking RIM ship...
    10-31-11 11:34 AM
    ^
    Maybe, but does your wife's battery last the day?!

Spent a week with the iPhone 4s. Amazingly fast but too square in the hand and the battery is garbage!
    11-01-11 04:17 PM
    The 0 (zero) button didn't work on my first 9930. My second one would freeze when I tried to update to OS7, even took it to a VZW store and it froze there as well. On my third 9930 now. My wife just laughs at me. Here iPhone 4S gives her NO problems... Think it may be time to jump off the sinking RIM ship...
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=150&tstart=0

Don't buy into microscopic anecdotal experiences...
    11-01-11 04:24 PM
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=150&tstart=0

Don't buy into microscopic anecdotal experiences...
    papped, Did you leave 9930? Looks likes you are on my touch 4g?

We are just starting to see 9900 for AT&T this weekend.
    11-01-11 04:32 PM
    papped, Did you leave 9930? Looks likes you are on my touch 4g?

We are just starting to see 9900 for AT&T this weekend.
    Yeah, because I switched away from Verizon and am pissed at RIM for the PB fiasco. The 9930 is totally solid though. Had 2 of them in the house and no issues.
    rcheung135 and data77 like this.
    11-01-11 04:44 PM
    Yeah, because I switched away from Verizon and am pissed at RIM for the PB fiasco. The 9930 is totally solid though. Had 2 of them in the house and no issues.
    Thanks. Yeah I am totally waiting to get my hands on this device. Looking forward to it.
    11-01-11 05:00 PM
    My 1st 9900 had to be returned as it bricked itself overnight

My 2nd 9900 is 14 days old, and so far its brilliant. Everyone morning I get excited when I see that it is still working.
    11-01-11 06:19 PM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD