I haven't exchanged mine but I'm having an issue. Hopefully, someone can help.
    While at the home screen, when I press the arrow for the panel, all the icons collapse down and disappear. If I press the arrow again, all the icons reappear.

But sometimes, when I do this the panel collapses only half-way down allowing two rows of icons to remain visible.

I'm not sure what I did to set this off. I've done a couple battery pulls but it doesn't resolve the issue. I'm thinking its a software issue..
    That's not an issue that has been a feature of OS6 and OS7 for quite a while. You can pull that top bar down and up to show one or two rows or icons and then taping the top bar expands to show all the icons. Taping it again collapses it back down to what ever it was on last. You can also choose to hide it completely.
    09-10-11 11:32 AM
    i am having some issues - advice would be appreciated
    when i go onto the web , it is erratic it maxmises and minimises all the time, it opens links and pages on its own, and it gets stuck alot
    the hourglass is on lot
    calculator freezes all the time
    the compass wont work
    would a software update soft out these problems or do you think i need a new phone
    09-10-11 12:38 PM
    ive had nothing but problems with verizon, i like sprint, never an issue and i still have unlimited data!! i just re loaded the same OS hopefully it helps, if not i will give .353 a try!
    09-10-11 12:46 PM
    Exchanged my T-Mobile 9900 after the trackpad was screwing up. 3 stores didn't want to do it cause they were low on stock, lying to me saying they were out. I found out hey weren't and cracked it! One finally caved and apologized. One even said they were only selling to NEW customers and not selling to current ones, nor doing returns.

I now have 2, and one trackpad is flat and one is rounded, but both work fine.
    09-10-11 01:07 PM
    thats what i thought sprint did to me! one guy sounded so sure that they had more in stock when i went to exchange it then he came back and was like no we dont have any, we will give you a call when we get our "drop shipment" in! and theres only one store in my area so i just get to sit with my semi working phone until i get a call!
    09-10-11 01:10 PM
    First 4 days I had my 9900 I wanted to exchange (after seeing terrible battery life + finding some findings on the 2 manufacture batteries (mine is Mexico). So the day I go to do the ezchange my 9900 olso got a random white screen of death .. Forget the error code but right after getting the error my phone decided to wipe it self out of the blue) since my exchange with this 9900 Bold I haven't had any problems and battery life got a little better (if I unplug @ 8am its @ 25% around 10-11pm) I'm waiting for a better battery to release, until then ill chill on this. Don't feel like buying a back up battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 05:17 PM
    Exchanged my T-Mobile 9900 after the trackpad was screwing up. 3 stores didn't want to do it cause they were low on stock, lying to me saying they were out. I found out hey weren't and cracked it! One finally caved and apologized. One even said they were only selling to NEW customers and not selling to current ones, nor doing returns.

I now have 2, and one trackpad is flat and one is rounded, but both work fine.
    You should ask them if they have any in stock before telling them you want an exchange.
    09-10-11 06:56 PM
    3 returned for the exact same reason
    JVM ERROR 517.

The tech told me it is a known issue, i really want this phone but i will wait till the first wave bugginess is over..

Aside from that i was IN LOVE with this damn thing.. Everything i wanted in a device and then some..
    09-10-11 07:32 PM
    Based on everything I keep reading about here, and the value of this phone I will be adding mine to my tenants insurance policy and advise you guys all to do the same with your tenants or home insurance as well.

Over the years I've had my iPhones insured this way for the full buy out purchase price in the event that anything goes wrong with the phone. The beauty is its full comprehensive so it also covers theft, if you lose it, drop it in the toilet, ANYTHING happens to it, you file a claim and are covered for a brand new one. **** the carriers and their monthly fees or extended warranties that don't even cover if you drop it!

Coverage will depend on your insurance provider, but most places it won't be a problem. It's based on the dollar value of the phone and is added as a special item to your policy. I think it worked out to 13 dollars a year for my iPhone, 0 deductible replacement.
    09-10-11 07:45 PM
    I am now waiting on my 3rd one, 1st one had a jmv message, 2nd one problem with the end key, would not end call, unless you hit it 4 or five times. Mind you this is a phone that was sented from VZW direct unsealed and already booted up. I also tried to explained this to the CS( no good), as we tried to set it upit would not take(emails,ect). That was another problem. I ended up with RIM having to force it from their end. VZW will send out used phones as new.
    09-10-11 09:41 PM
    Sadly I got error codes twice reloaded software both times. I went to the store verizon refused to give me a replacement because it was purchased online. Now I have to wait for one being shipped. Tonight it failed again, wont even synchronize with desktop software. So I'm without my device until fed ex arrives. What a bummer!!!!
    09-10-11 10:30 PM
    3 returned for the exact same reason
    JVM ERROR 517.

The tech told me it is a known issue, i really want this phone but i will wait till the first wave bugginess is over..

Aside from that i was IN LOVE with this damn thing.. Everything i wanted in a device and then some..
    What made me mad was telling them it was JVM 517 and knowing there was nothing I could do and then switching me to tech just to have them tell me there was nothing they could do. Just what I always enjoy is being pissed and having someone wasting my time.

09-10-11 10:58 PM
    Brother in law had to exchange his first one since the trackpad didn't work.
    09-10-11 11:06 PM
    For the Esc key bringing up the task switcher, I found my problem to be caused by an incompatible application (in my case, an old version of Blackberry News Feeds). People who used the device switch wizard seem to have the most problems. I know lots of people had issues with BB ID (I certainly did). I did an OS reinstall and restored my contacts, email, text, etc from the Protect program, then I downloaded all my apps fresh. It's a pain, but worked really well.

Now the only problem I have is the occasional crash of the browser when opening a new page. Also happens sometimes in email and text (select a message from the list and you get the home screen instead of the message)
    09-11-11 04:32 AM
    I'm on my third one now
    First one had the JVM Error 517
    Second one, every single key & button on the device stopped working but the touch screen was fine
    The third one seams to be okay, for now!

If the thrid one breaks I'm going to try a different platform, there's only so many times I can hack a phone keep breaking on me!

09-11-11 02:47 PM
    Had a JVM Error 517. Tmo advised it is due to a defective handset. New one should be here 9/12.

09-11-11 02:59 PM
    Had a JVM Error 517. Tmo advised it is due to a defective handset. New one should be here 9/12.

Why does such an expensive phone has the same problem on so many different 9900's.

09-11-11 03:19 PM
    Why does such an expensive phone has the same problem on so many different 9900's.

Probably because they are trying to please investors and reduce costs by cutting jobs, and awarding contracts to lower priced manufacturing plants who are able to bid low by maintaining lower quality control standards which = a higher number of poor quality units making their way into circulation.
    09-11-11 03:29 PM
    P.S .

It is a great phone with a lot of promise, and I managed to get one without any hardware defects, but there have been a few bumps in the road software wise and I'm still waiting for the official firmware update from Rogers.
    09-11-11 03:30 PM
    Probably because they are trying to please investors and reduce costs by cutting jobs, and awarding contracts to lower priced manufacturing plants who are able to bid low by maintaining lower quality control standards which = a higher number of poor quality units making their way into circulation.
    I totally agree with that! They have a good product but r rushing to get it out without getting the final bugs out. The demand is high and they wanna answer while the need is high.

09-11-11 05:43 PM
    I totally agree with that! They have a good product but r rushing to get it out without getting the final bugs out. The demand is high and they wanna answer while the need is high.

Very true, Verizon learned nothing with the Thunderbolt fiasco. Another product with great promise that was rushed into service, even tho it was severly delayed it was still so full of bugs it should never have been released.

After my third device they asked me if i wanted a different device. I took an iphone4. Not what i wanted but ill revisit the 9930 in a few months as it will be a relevant device for awhile.
    Besides i still have my trusty 9650 for all my berry needs
    09-11-11 09:15 PM
    Maybe there's a good reason AT&T is holding out after all?
    09-11-11 09:25 PM
    The irony was in the 2 days I had it, I couldn't of loved and hated a phone more. It was either wanting to throw it against the wall or telling my friends how great it was.

09-11-11 09:51 PM
    The irony was in the 2 days I had it, I couldn't of loved and hated a phone more. It was either wanting to throw it against the wall or telling my friends how great it was.

You hit the nail on the head. Thats exactly how i felt.
    09-11-11 10:35 PM
    Then we must all receive carrier credits for pain and suffering.

09-12-11 12:12 AM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD