Had to exchange my 9930 with Verizon for a Track pad that just quit working after 10 days. Tried multiple battery pulls and no luck in resolving the issue by wiping and software re-install. My convenience key began to stick last week and it was going to get exchanged anyway but the track pad issue made it and emergency (glad i had the touch screen for a temporary work around). What issue or issues caused you to take yours back?
    Like to see if there are any trends developing.

Love the phone by the way as i am moving up from 2 years with a Tour.
    09-06-11 02:24 PM
    I had exchange my 9900 because the first one died. New one is fine!
    09-06-11 02:52 PM
    I haven't exchanged mine but I'm having an issue. Hopefully, someone can help.
    While at the home screen, when I press the arrow for the panel, all the icons collapse down and disappear. If I press the arrow again, all the icons reappear.

But sometimes, when I do this the panel collapses only half-way down allowing two rows of icons to remain visible.

I'm not sure what I did to set this off. I've done a couple battery pulls but it doesn't resolve the issue. I'm thinking its a software issue..
    09-06-11 04:26 PM
    1. Trackpad would only click, not accept any scrolling

2. Trackpad squealed terribly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 04:38 PM
    I haven't exchanged mine but I'm having an issue. Hopefully, someone can help.
    While at the home screen, when I press the arrow for the panel, all the icons collapse down and disappear. If I press the arrow again, all the icons reappear.

But sometimes, when I do this the panel collapses only half-way down allowing two rows of icons to remain visible.

I'm not sure what I did to set this off. I've done a couple battery pulls but it doesn't resolve the issue. I'm thinking its a software issue..
    Its a feature...
    1 Press it so it is fully expanded
    2 drag it with your finger down to show the desirable amount of rows, then let go.
    3 test it out. press it to expand to show full screen of icons. press it again to drop it down to that desirable amount of rows.

You must have accidentally been moving it without knowing.
    09-06-11 05:30 PM
    had to return it cause the trackpad was malfunctioning. it just kept scrolling up on its own.
    09-06-11 05:39 PM
    All I have to say is that RIM better have fixed their issues at the Mexico plant that they had with the 9780's.... The quality control on those 9780's was an absolutel nightmare and horrible PR for the company.... If they didn't get these 9990's right (for the most part since you will always have defectives), they are in for a lot of hurt.

I will be getting a 9900 in early January and I would hope that they would have any "kinks" worked out at that time if there are any with the early production batches....
    09-06-11 05:40 PM
    SMS screen kept bugging. It was frozen, just wouldnt let me scroll up to see messages half the time.

Reception was horrible. I was actually dropping calls. I have never had that problem living in the same area with my old Bolds, Tours, Fascinate, etc.

Anywho, I called into tech support so they could note these issues down... Then the tech told me to turn off my phone and she would program it from her end. When I turned it back on, it was bricked - stopped being able to have phone calls and texts although internet worked. So I returned it.
    softmack likes this.
    09-06-11 05:54 PM
    Exchanged mine since it would freeze randomly and after a week or so just got frustrating. Good thing I have Futureshop's Product Exchange Plan as they give u a totally brand new one instead of a refurbised from the carrier (Rogers)

09-06-11 07:43 PM
    Tmobile device:
    1. Flawless. However, music on my memory card didn't play right. It sounded like very low quality songs, so I would skip to another song and come back to the song that didn't play right and it would sound fine. Thought it was a hardware issue because I took everything off my mem card and reformated it to see if that worked. Didn't do the trick so I returned it after 5 days this morning

2. The plastic piece that looks like the metal bezel on the bottom of the phone sticks out on one side and a rattling noise can be heard when tapping near the camera when the battery is out. The rattling wasn't on the 1st one so it is what it is. Also, tried the music on this device to see if the same thing happened... And it does. Must be a bug in the software.

Anyway, going back to t-mo right now for the 3rd time. Getting really sick of this BS
    09-06-11 08:13 PM
    I returned my 9900 from T-mobile. Why?

1. Trying to delete emails and it doesn't always work. Sometimes you have to do a battery pull...

2. Email setup\edit signature etc does not work. Not via the device of T-Mobile BIS. RIM and T-Mobile are sending users from pillar to post, yet no resolution.

3. Browsing webpages and the browser would simply close. Even after clearing the cache, same thing.

4. Pressing ESC will sometimes not do that, it would take you to the task manager window. Multiple users having this issue

5. For a $600 device from T-Mobile, I'll just wait till AT&T releases it, simply no need dealing with these issues. My iPhone will have to suffice for now.

Note that I'm a true gadget user and won't comment too much on a device unless I've tested it myself. But, the above issues don't seem to be resolvable with leaked OS', hence it has been [well 7th Sep] returned to T-Mobile. When AT&T release their version, I'll try again...

Have you had similar issues?
    09-06-11 09:02 PM
    first one kept switching to vibrate on it's own... and the random reboots...

second one, I just sat through 2 hours of tech support with RIM, not even Verizon tech support because they couldn't figure it out... anyways, after a long time with tier 2, they had me send my "logs" and they called me back with the following... "long story short, theres a hardware issue with your phone... e will be transferring you to your mobile carrier to advise them you need a replacement device..."

apps won't load from app world, I get a weird message prompt telling me theres an error, phone reboots on it's own ALL THE TIME, and whenever it loads back up, in loads in vibrate function...

frustrated... and annoyed... although Verizon did send me a new battery as a consolidation prize of some sorts for my troubles... I guess after this round I'll ask for the battery charger or a 32gb memory card...
    09-06-11 11:32 PM
    I'll just fix it. I'm a tech
    09-06-11 11:37 PM
    I'll just fix it. I'm a tech
    show me the light, I don't want to get a new device, lol... I just need her to stop resetting on me, in the middle of typing a bbm...
    09-06-11 11:44 PM
    show me the light, I don't want to get a new device, lol... I just need her to stop resetting on me, in the middle of typing a bbm...
    No light needed... you may need to exchange it if a hard reset doesn't help.
    09-06-11 11:51 PM
    I went through 3 of them. Main issue is that I could not connect my data to my phone. 6 hours of being on the phone with Verizon & RIM tech support. There was nothing they can do to get my data to work. Also, my back up assistant will not work.

Stuck with my iphone until RIM gets their act together.
    09-06-11 11:59 PM
    call-end panel was raised so high above the screen it would almost cut into my finger when dragging down on to the trackpad
    09-07-11 12:25 AM
    Cause of horriable signal and mushy back button very nice looking device. Miss the keyboard! Haha

09-07-11 12:39 AM
    Cosmetic reasons. The metal trim around the edge was not flush on the side and the edge was rather sharp. Had my hands been a little softer I imagine it could have scratched me but I just figured since I paid that much for a device then it should be as visibly perfect as possible. I feel lucky not to be one of the many horror stories on here, but to have to return a phone for any reason is not good, especially when there appears to have been SO many returned.
    Track pad is good, screen and edges flush, battery is good (better after a few days use) and the OS is fast and schmoove....
    Leaving android and coming back to BB has been everything I expected and more.
    09-07-11 01:18 AM
    Exchanged mine since it would freeze randomly and after a week or so just got frustrating. Good thing I have Futureshop's Product Exchange Plan as they give u a totally brand new one instead of a refurbised from the carrier (Rogers)

After i returned my 2nd 9900 I got the Product Exchange Plan too (at Future Shop) this 3rd one has a squeaky track pad but seems to be okay with everything else so I thought I'd see how things go (if the squeaky noise doesn't drive me around the bend)
    09-07-11 12:49 PM
    Exchanged mine today. Wasn't going to at first, but the answer button really had to be mashed down or pressed multiple times for me to answer a call. The menu button was also very stiff. Also the trackpad squeaked about half the time when I would press down on it. The verizon rep didn't believe me and felt that I was making it up. I had only had the phone for 2 days. She eventually exchanged it and all the buttons work great. No more stiff presses. Even the lack of depression from the screen to the end button is noticeable. I'm really glad I went through the 20 minutes of exchanging it. This new device is flawless. No more dust under the screen either! hooray!
    nycccemtp likes this.
    09-07-11 01:01 PM
    I exchanged my 9930 last week due to a squeaky trackpad. I thought at first I could live with it, but after getting stuck with a 9650 with trackpad issues, I decided to swap it out while I was still in my 30-day window.

My new 9930 works great.

Defective phone was a "Mexico 5" origin but the good one is "Canada 1," if anyone is interested or tracking that..
    09-07-11 01:16 PM
    I am highly considering taking mine back because I can not, for the life of me, get Gmail to sync properly with my phone. My droid X handled my gmail instantaneous but my 9930 (Verizon) can't archive/mark as read properly. I have to go back into Gmail and do it manually even after I archived the email from my BB
    09-07-11 01:54 PM
    Exchanged it last week as I received the white screen of death twice (once with JVM Error 524 & then again with JVM Error 519). Now on my way to exchange it once again as I'm getting random reboots throughout the day and I am now unable to send emails from my phone.

After being extremely excited about this phone, it has done nothing, but frustrate the living crap out of me
    09-07-11 01:54 PM
    I exchanged one. The black plastic at the base of the phone wasn't installed properly (it was sticking right out of the device). Something was wrong with the OS - my browser didn't seem like it was properly installed and I had no bookmarks at all.

The replacement one is working just fine
    09-07-11 08:11 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD