01-23-12 07:35 AM
455 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    lindsey202004, the icon reappearing will happen for all AT&T applications. Most annoying...

Place them all in a folder, then hide that folder. That seems to work...
    You likin the iphone better?
    11-11-11 09:52 AM
    So far my only real complaint is the voice dialing. s l o w . I use it constantly as I am always on the road and always on the phone. Can someone post up what version of Nuance is in 474, or if the read back cadence is normal? TIA
    11-11-11 11:47 AM
    Whenever I plugged my 9900 into the desktop manager it said there was an update, so I updated & you can read my post above as to what happened.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I bought my 9900 on Wednesday and it never showed there was an update. I'm glad that your phone got in order and set up right in the end. I would have hated to just get it and have that happen....mostly because I would be to worried to figure out what to do at the beginning!

lindsey202004, the icon reappearing will happen for all AT&T applications. Most annoying...

Place them all in a folder, then hide that folder. That seems to work...
    On my home screen, the icons stay hidden. It's in the Application and Media folders where the icons come back. Is there a way to get a new folder in there? It doesn't give me that option when I go into the menu.
    Edit: Sorry. Just looked again and it showed that I could move the icons to the hidden folder on the home screen. I should know enough by now to double check before posting!
    Last edited by ShoshiOne; 11-11-11 at 12:10 PM.
    11-11-11 12:07 PM
    After my order with CS on Mon, its finally on the FedEx truck enroute for delivery.
    11-11-11 12:14 PM
    After my order with CS on Mon, its finally on the FedEx truck enroute for delivery.
    Join the club. Our procurement company ordered mine on Monday and it showed up on Thursday morning.

This is the first of six berries that is on BES which is great from a productivity pov.
    11-11-11 04:46 PM
    Downloading Desktop Manager now and then my first synch of my 9900. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    11-11-11 04:50 PM
    BES newb here...Duh, email, calendar and contacts backex up every night. Only need DM for OS updates and troubleshooting. Learn something new every day.
    11-11-11 05:51 PM
    .503 rocks the house.

11-12-11 03:50 AM
    What improvements are you noticing over the stock OS?

Day 2 and no brick. Still get hourglass intermittently when installing apps. When the device boots, the keys and trackpad light up followed by the keyboard. It has been so long that I don't remember but did the same feature appear on the 9000 and the 9700.
    11-12-11 07:38 AM
    I just noticed that when the device shuts down the keyboard, keys and trackpad turn off in that order. Nothing earth shattering but COOOL.
    Last edited by jcp007; 11-12-11 at 07:47 AM.
    11-12-11 07:43 AM

Day 2 and no brick. Still get hourglass intermittently when installing apps. When the device boots, the keys and trackpad light up followed by the keyboard. It has been so long that I don't remember but did the same feature appear on the 9000 and the 9700.
    Yes on the 9000. Keys and trackball light up, followed by the keyboard. MAN, I need to upgrade...

As you have both, if you had to choose between the 9810 and the 9900, which one would you keep?

Update: Correction - the trackball lights up, then the keys and keyboard light up at the same time.
    Last edited by PapiPabs; 11-12-11 at 09:00 AM.
    11-12-11 08:40 AM

http://bit.ly/uhKho2

11-12-11 09:20 AM
    Link not working on my PB.
    11-12-11 09:35 AM
    Yes on the 9000. Keys and trackball light up, followed by the keyboard. MAN, I need to upgrade...

As you have both, if you had to choose between the 9810 and the 9900, which one would you keep?

Update: Correction - the trackball lights up, then the keys and keyboard light up at the same time.
    Having owned the 9000,I was conflicted with upgrading from the 9800. Until CB Kevin started his campaign, I was resigned to the 9810 to stay with AT&T even though I wanted to try both.

The 9900 is for work and I chose it instead of another 9810 so that I could get chance to try it out.

It is all about your preferences since you have to use the device everyday.

Aside from the OS and browser, the 9810 enjoys the obvious screen size advantage and the virtual and physical keyboard and the auto focus camera. The slider is solid and is a cool feature however the trackpad does not light up. Having owned the 9000 as well as the 8310 and the 9700, the keyboard was very easy to adapt to. The 9900 is growing on me.
    PapiPabs likes this.
    11-12-11 09:46 AM
    Good info, thanks. I'm on the fence myself. I do browse the web quite a bit on the BB, so I was thinking of going with the 9810. I'm just not sure if I'm down with the recessed keyboard. On one hand I want to try a new form factor, but on the other hand the 9000 has been good to me all this time. I guess Ill have to head out and see which one feels better at the store.
    11-12-11 10:08 AM
    The 9900 wins the form factor contest hands down. The only advantage the 9810 has is the bigger screen. If the 9810 had a 4+ inch screen then the screen advantage would be a big one, but 2.8 vs 3.2 doesn't make it that attractive as far as I am concearned. Take a look at the difference on a ruler, the screens are measured diagonally. After using my wifes 9810 I have also realized that, for some reason, the 9900 scales web pages MUCH better than the 9810. An example is here on crackberry the 9900 keeps the text, reading/writing, within the boundries of the screen. The 9810 will have you scrolling left and right quite often. You will never have to turn your phone sideways either. When you type here at Crackberry and you have the 9810 tipped sideways you will be forced to use the on screen keyboard. Numbers, Symbols, and more Symbols are found within different menus using the on screen keyboard. PITA if you ask me. I also hate the rounded shape of the 98XX phones because they are always dying to fall out of your hand, and that is the last thing you need when your contstantly flipping the phone on its side and trying to open the slider. Plan on getting a cushy/rubbery case if you get the 9810 because it will be slipping out of your hands.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-12-11 at 12:00 PM.
    11-12-11 11:58 AM
    the ONLY complaint I think I have with the 9900 is the lack of auto-focus on the camera. Thats it. I LOVE this device.
    11-12-11 02:57 PM
    Got the 9900 yesterday after having the 9700 for 2 years. It's a little more bulky which isnt a deal killer but the battery sucks so far. The battery seems to die quickly even when I'm not using it. It dropped 25% on standby with no apps running overnight. I'm hoping it improves with some use. Still getting used to touching the screen (which is way more efficient) and the keyboard is kick arse. Camera and the 4G status is a huge improvement over the 9700. Glad I upgraded.
    11-12-11 08:14 PM
    I'm loving my 9900. Best BlackBerry to date in my opinion. Build quality is a little iffy on mine. I can see a bright spot on the return button and a bright spot on the menu button. Nothing major, but a little quality control issue. Also, i can see a little light between the aluminum bezel and housing on the left side of the device. And it seems my track pad is not 100% square. Looks like the top is kicked to the left some, but it might just be me. I love this phone though. Thanks RIM!
    11-12-11 09:34 PM
    Its not a Swiss watch, they don't spend 3 weeks making each part under a microscope.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Loving mine more than I thought I would. The .503 OS is super nice too.

You wanna square up your trackpad a bit?

Wash your hands real good and dry them off so your skin is clean and tacky. Lock your screen if its on. Click the trackpad down with your thumb and rotate it while holding it down. Mine went from annoying to darn close.

I guess the cutout for the trackpad is a tad bigger than the button so it moves without any friction and that leaves some room for it to move around a bit. I'm totally over it though. I mean the burled walnut in my wifes E500 Benz didn't line up perfect either. Do you think I let that stop me from enjoying the heck out of that car?

No Way,,!!!

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-12-11 at 11:54 PM.
    livejam likes this.
    11-12-11 11:35 PM
    Your advice on the track pad worked like a charm. Thanks!
    11-13-11 12:07 AM
    Your advice on the track pad worked like a charm. Thanks!
    You quite welcome, mine rotated back a little and came to rest in between its original location and where I put it. Looks just fine to me. After using a 9000 since 2008 an issure like this really is a non-issue for me.
    11-13-11 12:31 AM
    Good info, thanks. I'm on the fence myself. I do browse the web quite a bit on the BB, so I was thinking of going with the 9810. I'm just not sure if I'm down with the recessed keyboard. On one hand I want to try a new form factor, but on the other hand the 9000 has been good to me all this time. I guess Ill have to head out and see which one feels better at the store.
    The best way to decide is to walk into a store and try both devices. The physical keyboard on the 9810 is smaller and the keys a bit stiffer. The virtual is much improved over the 9800. The 9900 keyboard size is great but I find the keys a bit mushy in comparison. The physical keyboard on the 9810 is easy to adapt to even for people with large hands. Try watching a movie on your memory card in an airport or on a plane. Browsing the web looks better on a larger screen. I have a Seidio Surface case and holster for my 9810 and no drops. It is all about your preferences.

So far, Day 4 and no bricking issues. I hope to play with my 9900 to really give it a good workout by using it more outside the office instead of instinctively reaching for my 9810. Incidentally, this post was entered on a 9810 keyboard and I have large fingers.
    11-13-11 08:56 AM
    Swtiched to my 9900 from my 9810. One thing that I noticed is that website even with double tap still require pinch to zoom to see small items better and I had to adjust the font size to 25 so that double tap would allow me to read posts in this forum. Don't get me wrong. I am liking my 9900. It is just taking a bit of time to adapt to two different devices. I really do like how snappy and crisp the 9900 but I hope that my 9810 is just as quick with the next OS update.

11-13-11 09:08 AM
    I am using the OB Commuter and Seido Active holster. The holster holds the device securely. The case has great grip but the right side convenience key sticks out a bit much so I had select the Do Nothing option so that the camera later changed to Shazam would not launch while in the holster.

Last edited by jcp007; 11-13-11 at 12:06 PM.
    11-13-11 09:12 AM
455 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD