Worth the wait! Got to check out this Bold 9900 at BB World in Orlando last May.

Enterprise set me up quickly and got me going. Updated my Apps and then it was time to get to work. The keyboard is great!!! The new OS7 is pretty darn snappy too!
    Very easy to use.

Waiting on my OB to get here Thursday or Friday to protect my investment.
    11-08-11 09:34 PM
    I decided to try the Otterbox Commuter and the Seidio Active holster. The Defender for the 9900 is still in the box unopened and will be going back along with the Seidio Active case and holster for my 9810.
    11-08-11 09:52 PM
    Did the price on Premier just go up? Today it's 199.99 with a 100 rebate, yesterday I swear it was 99.99 with the rebate. Do their prices change randomly like this based on demand or something?
    11-08-11 10:01 PM
    I'm still waiting to see if there are any AT&T users who have problems with bricking. I guess that I'm hoping that AT&T was delaying the release to ensure that their customers didn't have the problems of the ther carriers. Probably wishful thinking, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.
    11-08-11 11:42 PM
    9900 is a great device. Are you sure you have gave it enough time? Lovin mine! But i need a full querty keyboard. Typin on glass would get hold for me.
    Even with time, it's hard to adjust back to the screen size once coming from the iPhone. Especially if you're a heavy web browser.
    11-09-11 12:34 AM
    I still find it so hard to justify a $200 purchase of a Blackberry knowing that I can get a better experience with a equally or less expensive iPhone or Android phone.
    ugahairydawgs likes this.
    11-09-11 12:51 AM
    I'm still waiting to see if there are any AT&T users who have problems with bricking. I guess that I'm hoping that AT&T was delaying the release to ensure that their customers didn't have the problems of the ther carriers. Probably wishful thinking, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.
    Hmm yea, might be best if i wait as well. Everyday or every hour, the more i see something about bricking the more i get concerned. If that was AT&T's reason for delaying then i completely understand. Otherwise damn! i hope the AT&T version doesn't do it as well.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 01:07 AM
    Went from my trusty Bold 9700 to SGS2 and back to BB lovin with the Bold 9900

SGS2 was a good phone....super light and slim, nice screen (except for a blue tint that gave me headache sometimes), decent battery life, fast as ****, and CK Zombies! When rooted, there isn't much that you can't do to the phone.

But at the end, it wasn't for me....Its a good entertainment machine, but not that great at being a phone......no physical keyboard, weak messaging, lame email client (K-9 mail was ok, but you'd think google would be able to make a decent gmail client for its own OS....it doesn't even have a mark-all! ), no LED notification, lack of sound profiles, and general inefficiency in using the phone/contacts ... plus it was hard not having BB bridge anymore

Love the Bold (sans the battery life which I hope is gonna get better after a few discharges) The keyboard is to die for...its ike a Thinkpad keyboard but on a phone. I find the reception on this phone better than anything else I've ever owned. Where I work, I use to be on SOS or GSM half the time (past phones: SGS2, 9700, N95, Tytn, RAZR...none ). Today, I enjoyed 2-3 bar 4G signal most of the day. Loved it!!!

It seems like the Playbook tethering disconnects that I had with Bold 9700 are gone as well *thumb us*

I miss the oleophobic coating that I had on the Galaxy though...the bold picks up alot of fingerprints. Read somewhere that putting car wax on a screen protector gives it really good anti-fingerprint properties...might try that.
    11-09-11 05:35 AM
    I still find it so hard to justify a $200 purchase of a Blackberry knowing that I can get a better experience with a equally or less expensive iPhone or Android phone.
    i am experienced with both those operating systems and neither suits me as a small business owner.. the $200 will go down but was t worth the wait for me.. apple in general is way over priced in my opinion and the iphone to me is just lame compared to any torch or bold.
    11-09-11 05:53 AM
    restored my faith in RIM. Bold 9900 and PB.. I run my business and social life thru these phones.. Ive had my bold since the day it came out and 0 problems. just remember if u have a playbook and atnt to be sure to download the os7 rroyy bridge ita or your in for some headaches. i posted a thread about this..
    no bricking, never heard of that. is that when it restarts on its own?
    $200 was irritating so was the no pouch.. butthis phone is so badass and i have unlimited data and come jan or so the 4g lte should b in full swing and the pb bold and k will b flying..
    if u like qwerty keyboard and are not a fan of touchpads man this phone will get u hard!
    love it!
    11-09-11 05:59 AM
    Your issues seem way beyond price. The i4 will cost nearly the same.
    11-09-11 06:37 AM
    I was thinking of buying the 9900 last night and getting rid of my 4S but based on navi's comments along with others, I may have to think this further. I like the keyboard and the battery life since I use my phone a lot throughout the day. The 4S is a great device but I don't know if it is really worth it for the 9900. And whats with this bricking issue anyway?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 07:10 AM
    I upgraded from the BB9700 to the BB9900 yesterday on AT&T. Successfully made the transition with no problems. Downloaded the BB Bridge from rroyy.com and it's working perfectly with my Playbook. I'm sticking with official OS releases only for the time being until we know more about what is happening to others.

I too have been following the thread on the bricking problem, but haven't seen the problem yet. Lots of different scenarios and possible causes, doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure at the moment.

Will post again if I start to experience any problems.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 07:43 AM
    Can't really compare older blackberry's to this 9900 or 9810. 9900 has twice the processor,hd recording,the best keyboard on the market, and its also the thinnest blackberry made. Even with a otterbox commuter it's thin. The web browsing is fast. I highly recommend it. Good luck.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 07:52 AM
    Nothing like waiting, again

11-09-11 08:03 AM
    wow! Must be selling well!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 08:07 AM
    Your issues seem way beyond price. The i4 will cost nearly the same.
    I think he is saying he can get a BETTER experience spending the same amount (on an iPhone 4s) or spending less on maybe the i4 or an Android device, both of which run you less than $200.

His issue: why pay "more" for "less"
    11-09-11 08:34 AM
    In my wait for ATT, I seriously considered the Galaxy 2 (not an iphone) but it came down to company support and typing on glass to me. I am SO glad I waited, this thing is amazing, I've been pushing it HARD, inserting .cods from my 9700, playing with OS innards, running it nonstop. On .474 it has awesome battery life, and it hasn't crashed once (my 9700 would crash daily cause I had sooo many apps). I have the same apps, and have over 100MB free (I actually have more apps, more games it seems). I can't say enough about this phone. Even without NFC (which it looks like has been disabled on the ATT Galaxy as well) I made the right choice for me, and there will be a way to enable NFC with or without ATT in the future...
    11-09-11 09:39 AM
    How exactly do you do a custom sync? I don't see an option to pull specifically emails, bbm, contacts etc? all i see is whether i want to sync my photos/video, organizer, or computer date and time.

I have recently backed up my Torch 9800 (OS6) and would like to sync that back up to my new Bold 9900 without bricking it! Please help?
    I have OS6 files back upes on my DM, how do I sync this to OS7 without bricking?

Oh yeah one more thing. How do you back up your contacts and memo pad notes? I recently had to wipe my Torch 9800 and re-install the OS and i lost all my contacts. however, i had all my contacts saved on my SIM card so i was able to retore. If i go for an upgrade at AT&T they would be giving me a new SIM card thus losing my contacts.

Thanks so much and i apologize for the long message. Thanks!
    11-09-11 09:55 AM
    Day 4 with my Bold 9900 and I'm loving every moment of it. Have my soft shell case on it that feels great. Have it in a 9000 holster that fits perfect in. Just purchased a screen protector off of shopcrackberry of course. should be here later this week into next week. Hope everyone else are enjoying there 9900's!
    11-09-11 10:15 AM
    Still waiting on my company 9900. ATT has processed the order but still not shipped it and is charging for expedited shipping.
    11-09-11 03:38 PM
    Still waiting on my company 9900. ATT has processed the order but still not shipped it and is charging for expedited shipping.
    Keep 'er rollin... oops
    11-09-11 03:41 PM
    Keep 'er rollin... oops
    ATT is blaming the i4s launch for the delay in getting my RIM 9900.
    11-09-11 03:44 PM
    ATT is blaming the i4s launch for the delay in getting my RIM 9900.
    Ha. Excuses excuses
    11-09-11 03:46 PM
    Two annoying problems so far:

• Upon answering an incoming call with the Answer button, sometimes the call will automatically be on speakerphone. Had this happen twice today, each with different callers, and not every time they called. The GUI still shows as if it is set to handset, and touching the "speakerphone" icon will change the color of the icon as if speakerphone is activated, and speakerphone remains active. Touch it again to switch to handset and the call switches to handset. Taking a tip from iPhone users I made sure my cheek was not "touching" the speakerphone icon accidently.
    • Hiding the bloatware icons does not keep them hidden. I can hide them, but as soon as the phone is plugged into the computer or placed on the charging dock and removed, the stubborn bloatware icons are back.
    11-09-11 03:50 PM
455 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD