Alright, got the phone when it came out on At&T (Mex 4). No software issues whatsoever, battery life not AS good as other berries I've had but not the worst. Only concern now is my front panel is starting to raise up. Don't know how to describe it but my trackpad now appears sunken because the front panel has raised up that high and below where the AT&T logo is my panel has raised as well. Everything else is fine...guess I can live with it as long as it doesn't pop off.
    Don't settle. Return and get a new one. If you don't, it will eat at you every time that you look at it.
    11-17-11 04:44 PM
    Day 8 and no major issues. My 9900 battery is consistently better than my 9810. How much is due to the OS on the 9900? It can't be the apps since the same apps are running inthe background.
    11-18-11 04:50 PM
    Day 8 and no major issues. My 9900 battery is consistently better than my 9810. How much is due to the OS on the 9900? It can't be the apps since the same apps are running inthe background.
    I agree My Battery seems to be getting better by the day. Had the phone since launch day and still running att's .440. Today for example took the phone off the charger @6:15 almost 12hrs later I'm @55%. Very pleased with it!
    11-18-11 04:54 PM
    I am running the stock ATT OS since the Thursday after launch as well.
    11-18-11 08:59 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Don't settle. Return and get a new one. If you don't, it will eat at you every time that you look at it.
    The latest software release by all accounts increases the battery life very significantly ....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 09:25 PM
    The latest software release by all accounts increases the battery life very significantly ....

Studdering = Bad Battery Life
    .540 = No Studdering
    Therefore .540 must equal better battery life than .440, .474, and .503.

It always was and always will be the software that is most important. Swapping hardware that is functional accomplishes nothing.

Last edited by olblueyez; 11-18-11 at 09:38 PM.
    11-18-11 09:35 PM
    Had mine since Tuesday, love it so far. I was a little nervous about giving up my Iphone 4 and my wife thought I was crazy. She even likes the keyboard and says she might switch. I've had three blackberrys before and after doing crazy research on this phone, I'm happy with my switch so far, great keyboard and great screen.
    11-19-11 03:06 PM
    I find myself reaching more often for my 9900 than my 9810. No one is more surprised than me.
    11-19-11 03:11 PM
    I find myself reaching more often for my 9900 than my 9810. No one is more surprised than me.
    Not sure why that would surprise you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Kat0908 likes this.
    11-20-11 05:29 AM
    Not sure why that would surprise you...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing when I read that! lol
    11-20-11 08:19 AM
    I like mines so far, but I do have have issues with it. It restarted on me twice, had two unexpected crashes and at times web pages took some time to load. What's weird about it was that - was on wifi too. I like the phone and gradually remembering what a bb can do. My first smartphone was a 9700c and that blew my mind away. Then I had the curve then the 9000 and the first bold. But after the first bold my wife bought me an iphone was fathers day and I was reluctent to use it but once I put my sim card in that phone I never looked back. So fast forward 3 years I bought the 4s 16gb and thought I needed a bigger /! So I wanted the 32. Went to the store reversed my upgrade and to find out they made a mistake and stated that they are all sold out. Long story short I took the 9900. Its doing ok but comming from a jailbroken device with so many more apps the bb seems to be like blah... Hopefully my impression will change over time.

11-20-11 09:19 AM
    The device is amazing. I picked mine up on the 18th and have been in love with it. The only complain is that the battery life is no good. I remember when I first got the 9700, it would last me the day with no problem, but with the 9900 I have to be constantly aware of my battery and keeping it on the charger wherever I go. But still an amazing device.
    11-20-11 09:50 AM
    Just wondering if everyone is satisfied after using the 9900 for a while? I'm still planning on purchasing this phone, but trying to ensure that AT&T users are not experiencing the bricking issues.
    11-20-11 04:37 PM
    I love mine. Had it about a week or so. No problems.

11-20-11 04:56 PM
    Had mine since the launch. I'm running on the stock OS. Battery last me about a day, and the phone hasn't bricked on me yet Love it!!!
    11-20-11 05:48 PM
    11 days with AT&T 9900 and no brick. On stock OS and using the OEM charger, the secret to no bricking? Even though I am using my 9900 more than I thought I would, my 9810 has nevered bricked nor have there been any cases of bricking with 9810 regardless of carrier or OS.
    11-20-11 05:49 PM
    I have had my 9900 and it has been going great guns. The battery life is awesome. Screen brightness is 30% and still clearly bright enough in a dark room. Got the BeAlert app to help insure that apps that are not being used are closed. Closing browser windows and exiting browser. Turn off WiFi when not in use. There are apps that automatically detect and manage WiFi use. Even without holster magnets and with three dozen apps, battery life is easily more than a day on a single charge using the stock ATT OS.

11-25-11 09:45 AM
    After trying a few OS's I have decided to stick with .540 since it works just fine and I don't need any of the added features in 7.1. I think anyone having buyers remorse should move up to one of the newer OS's and try using a different charger than the one Blackberry gave you with the phone. Those two things have put me in a place where I enjoy my 9900 and no longer wonder if I made the right choice.
    11-29-11 09:39 PM
    I'm also enjoying my new Bold since i got it yesterday, before i activate it i installed .540 and since then which is about 24 hours enjoying. Only thing is I'm not using a touch screen at all, just ignoring it, what about you guys ?
    11-29-11 10:00 PM
    This phone is great for me so far. I put a 32 gig card in and loaded it up with 16 gigs of music, videos and books. So far, no problems, everything works seamlessly (except for the Nuance voice recognition, which seems to have slowed down from what was on the Torch, but this is very minor) The phone is super responsive using the touch screen...you can really feel the difference coming from the Torch. The keyboard is nice and spread out, making it very easy to type. The screen is incredible, very crisp and sometimes things can look 3D. The devise feels solid and well built...not cheap and plasticky, more solid and durable. Highly recommended. Best phone I've ever had.
    11-30-11 12:14 AM
    After having mine since the day after release, I've actually been more happy with it than I expected. At first the battery was abysmal, but it was solved by deleting the social feeds app. In it's place, socialscope and blackberry news have been perfect. I went from 9700, to 9800 and then to 9900... I do miss the 9700's keyboard. But I'm starting to readjust to the bigger keyboard over time. My thumbs are quite happy with the clicky-ness!

Here's something that I have NOT had to experience, I have not done a battery pull yet (knock on wood). But I have been very happy with its performance in almost all aspects. I do wish that hitting the call button would bring up a touchscreen dialer...but I guess that's not all that important. I hope NFC is enabled soon without AT&T pocket-raping me!

I read that businessinsider article on switching from iPhone to blackberry, and per my experiences with coworkers I agree on several points. I love that I'm able to accomplish many functions quicker. I had an iPhone 3G before going Berry, and that's always been something I've liked. And now, on the H+ *fauxG* signal, it's actually been quite fast in data performance (it does well in the areas I live and travel).

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs!
    11-30-11 02:28 AM
    Glad you are enjoying your 9900. Take a closer look at your berry. It says 4G instead of H+ which is on the 9810. My battery life has been fairly good as well. Over the holiday weekend on the way home, my 9900 was off the charger 14 hours with approximately 57% battery life. This is the first berry that I have owned that has yet to require a battery pull or a soft reset thus far and I have mine since November 10th. Also, as of today, no bricking. Just waiting for the official OS 7.1 with mobile hotspot.
    11-30-11 06:21 AM
    I'm also enjoying my new Bold since i got it yesterday, before i activate it i installed .540 and since then which is about 24 hours enjoying. Only thing is I'm not using a touch screen at all, just ignoring it, what about you guys ?
    Having had a 9810 before getting a 9900 for work, it was even better to have the touchscreen on the 9900.
    11-30-11 06:29 AM
    After having mine since the day after release, I've actually been more happy with it than I expected. At first the battery was abysmal, but it was solved by deleting the social feeds app. In it's place, socialscope and blackberry news have been perfect. I went from 9700, to 9800 and then to 9900... I do miss the 9700's keyboard. But I'm starting to readjust to the bigger keyboard over time. My thumbs are quite happy with the clicky-ness!
    Why would deleting the social feeds apps improve battery life? Assuming you never launched them.
    11-30-11 06:49 AM
    Glad you are enjoying your 9900. Take a closer look at your berry. It says 4G instead of H+ which is on the 9810.
    Just because AT&T changed the icon on the 9900 to say 4G doesn't mean they put in an actual 4G LTE radio in it. Its the same radio that's in the other 9900's and the same radio in the 9810 so it really is still only H+(fauxG). The change in icon doesn't make it faster.
    11-30-11 07:41 AM
455 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD