I am discovering new things everyday. Love this phone. The BB Hard Shell is nice but the "attractive" back side makes it easy for the phone to slide around. I'm thinkin about getting a couple of the BB soft slip-on's or the iSkin vibe. The BB Hard Shell is definitely the best one for showing off the phone though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 10:35 AM
    I am discovering new things everyday. Love this phone. The BB Hard Shell is nice but the "attractive" back side makes it easy for the phone to slide around. I'm thinkin about getting a couple of the BB soft slip-on's or the iSkin vibe. The BB Hard Shell is definitely the best one for showing off the phone though.

Just a heads-up since I've been using the Blackberry (OEM) Soft Shell Case since day one of purchase (actually bought it a few days ahead of release.) I used an Otterbox Commuter case previously on my Bold 9700, but decided to give the OEM Blackberry cover a shot first before going with anything bulkier. The ONLY gripe I have (since it does fit the device perfectly) is access to the (top) lock button is a pain in the a$$. Aside from that, no complaints what-so-ever. I'm pondering checking out the Otterbox Commuter case, but I'd hate to cover-up this beauty more then necessary.
    11-13-11 11:35 AM
    I buy cases for my BBs but always take them off in the end. It's easy to maneuver and I like the look of my phones. So, for my 9900 which I LOVE the look of, I'm getting a pouch for when it's in my purse. Otherwise, the little guy is going bare!
    11-13-11 07:56 PM
    Have had the 9900 for a week. Upgrade from 8310. Kept waiting and waiting for this phone. Family all has iPhones. Mine is primarily for business. Seamless transition in setting up from 8310. Absolutely worth the interminable wait. So far outstanding.
    11-13-11 08:48 PM
    The more time that I spend on my work 9900 the more it is growing on me.
    11-13-11 08:53 PM
    Should be getting my ATT 9900 tomorrow. Should I upgrade to 503 right away. I need this tied into BES and I got to get permission every time I upgrade to reconnect it so I want to do this once. What do you guys recomend.

11-14-11 02:20 AM
    Should be getting my ATT 9900 tomorrow. Should I upgrade to 503 right away. I need this tied into BES and I got to get permission every time I upgrade to reconnect it so I want to do this once. What do you guys recomend.

My 9900 is for work as well and is on BES. That being said, there is the possible bricking issue that has been well documented so it may be better to update with an official OS. If it were my personal device, I might risk an update after removing the vendor xml files.
    11-14-11 06:17 AM
    Still running stock OS and its great! The form factor is super thin and I still can't believe how thin it really is. I love the keyboard and it makes me WANT to send out an email or tweet constantly!

11-14-11 06:46 AM
    Went into Corp Store yesterday and outta stock. **sigh** Kinda makes you wonder the significance of B&M.....

Should be shipped in a day or 2 (so they say). Anyone using the holster they sell in the store? Labeled AGF Premium Pouch tho when opened the insert states for the Torch 9810.
    11-14-11 08:10 AM
    Still running stock OS and its great! The form factor is super thin and I still can't believe how thin it really is. I love the keyboard and it makes me WANT to send out an email or tweet constantly!

Hahaha! I'm the same as you! I'm running the stock OS from ATT, I love the thinness (yet it doesn't take away from the weight of the phone - still feels a good, balanced weight), and I am always looking for reasons to send out an email or text.
    It's so nice! ......and addictive!
    11-14-11 09:29 AM
    had a glitch last night. running 440 with minimal apps, the alarm notification was garbled. Never had that issue on other BBs. Did a bat pull and tested it, it was fine again. I hate to say it, but this may be a daily battery pull device. My 9800 could go for weeks. It's funny. ATT did the same with my 9000. They lagged the other carriers by months with updates, then their update would have some massive, deal breaker of a bug in something mission critical like notifications.
    11-14-11 09:46 AM
    At least, it didn't get bricked.

11-14-11 04:03 PM
    Day 6 and going strong. Battery life is pretty decent even compared to my 9810.
    11-15-11 09:15 PM
    Had to take mine back, launch unit, read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eep-up-670107/
    11-15-11 09:59 PM
    Had to take mine back, launch unit, read this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eep-up-670107/
    Did you get another 9900?
    11-15-11 10:13 PM
    Did you get another 9900?
    Yes I did, but just noticed this one has a very noticeably raised panel, it's sharp to the touch. Guess it's going back. I'll take a pic in a sec.
    11-15-11 10:14 PM
    Here you go, what do you think? It's very raised and sharp, almost bumpy three quarters of the way too. My first one was perfect.
    11-15-11 10:18 PM
    Mine was a little but I put a zagg screen protector on it and it leveled it off.
    11-15-11 10:23 PM
    No issues here and mine was made at Mexico 4.
    11-16-11 06:33 AM
    I like the phone, but it hourglasses/loads a LOT...anyone else experiencing this? Also, I bought a spare battery, had it in for about 2 days, and then it froze the phone. After a battery pull, it gave the "bad battery" logo sign (battery with red slash indicator). Has anyone else experienced bad batteries if you've bought a spare?
    11-16-11 06:46 AM
    Only get hourglass on occasion when installing apps.
    11-16-11 09:39 AM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Got my 9900 first day with no issues even tho I heard they were going quick. I saw a few people come into the store like myself and just ask for the 9900 right away. Was using the 9900 on tmobile for a while but now back on att with my berry way cheaper with a family plan. But as usual I love the 9900 it really feels like a real blackberry. I just have to discharge the battery a few times cause its getting a little glitchy but had to do the same thing with my tmobile 9900. Other then that speaker, earpiece are awesome along with the amazing keyboard.... I sometimes find myself typing quicker on my phone then the computer and I dont have to look. Never been more satisfied with my blackberry looks like the 9900 is definitly a keeper

Agreed ... The Bold 9900 is amazing and a winner!! . and the latest software release extends the battery life incredibly!!! .. unreal!!

11-16-11 09:52 AM
    I haven't experienced the bad battery issue, but I have seen the hourgalss/loading icon a lot more than I believe is normal. I'm actually searching for help with this in the forums.
    11-16-11 09:58 AM
    I like the phone, but it hourglasses/loads a LOT...anyone else experiencing this? Also, I bought a spare battery, had it in for about 2 days, and then it froze the phone. After a battery pull, it gave the "bad battery" logo sign (battery with red slash indicator). Has anyone else experienced bad batteries if you've bought a spare?
    Get a new battery or exchange the device for a new one.
    11-17-11 05:49 AM
    Alright, got the phone when it came out on At&T (Mex 4). No software issues whatsoever, battery life not AS good as other berries I've had but not the worst. Only concern now is my front panel is starting to raise up. Don't know how to describe it but my trackpad now appears sunken because the front panel has raised up that high and below where the AT&T logo is my panel has raised as well. Everything else is fine...guess I can live with it as long as it doesn't pop off.
    11-17-11 10:53 AM
455 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD