I have just gotten home from the office. I have activated BES and bonded with my vehicle. I am loading some apps and playing some more. I have noticed that the 9900 is a bit snappier and crisper but thes may be due to the OS on the 9900 being more current than my 9810. Strictly from an appearance, the device is very solid and very streamlined but I guess that I have gotten used to my 9810 with screen size but also no app labels as on my 9810. The keyboard is a nice size but seems a little mushy feeling, not from build quality but mainly feel. I like the keyboard on both my 9810 and 9900. I will have more time to play tomorow and over the weekend.
    11-10-11 08:42 PM
    The trackpad is a little creaky sounding. I like the glow in the dark feature. The battery cover is a bit too slick with little or no traction and is a fingerprint magnet.
    11-10-11 08:52 PM
    The trackpad is a little creaky sounding. I like the glow in the dark feature. The battery cover is a bit too slick with little or no traction and is a fingerprint magnet.
    just put the commuter on and your all set
    11-10-11 08:56 PM
    The Commuter just arrived and I am about to install it. The trackpad is a bit creaky.
    11-10-11 09:07 PM
    The Commuter just arrived and I am about to install it. The trackpad is a bit creaky.
    Mines not creaky. I did have to adjust the sensitivity to 70/70. I actually just ordered a oem hardshell and softshell case they both look nice.
    11-10-11 09:18 PM
    Because of BES, no Blackberry Protect.
    11-10-11 09:24 PM
    Our purchasing person ordered them at 11:30pm on Saturday. They shipped Monday... from the same city, Fedex 2-day. So, just got them.

Anyhow...
    probably saying a lot that's already been said. Keyboard is almost perfect - I prefer the 9000's because the keys had a little bit more separation on the top.

Browser seems nice and fast. Despise the lack of "column view" in the browser, though.

Screen is GLORIOUS. I like the touchscreen, and the number of things you can get to quickly from the home screen - change the profile in two touches, drop-down calendar/email, options in one touch. The one misstep, IMHO, is the missing side button. Okay, so there's one to lock the screen, 3 for volume, and one for apps. But I can't choose "favorites" with it, and now I have to choose between camera and email. The 9000 let me do both, which was amazingly handy. Camera comes up fast and is much better than the old unit.

Feels great in the hand, thinner (for now - may get some sort of extended battery if what I've heard about 14-hour battery life is true).

I miss my old ringtones - need to find them online, I guess.

Bluetooth tether works.
    Old ringtones?

http://m.crackberry.com/blast-past-os5-ringtones-available-through-blackberry-app-world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 09:27 PM
    After 4 full days of work and regular use I can say I love the phone. I just am enjoying the sexy solid feel of the phone. Key board is magic. I guess I really am happy. Phone calls are great. I have a soild 4G signal all the time. Battery life has been fine I make it through the day. I did load up SmartWIFI. working great. Just real happy
    11-10-11 09:31 PM
    Same here after 4 full days of use the phone is rock solid! Couldnt be happier! Call quality is perfect,Battery life no issues, Keyboard is you know the best! Speaker is loud. Very happy with this device
    11-10-11 09:38 PM
    Same here after 4 full days of use the phone is rock solid! Couldnt be happier! Call quality is perfect,Battery life no issues, Keyboard is you know the best! Speaker is loud. Very happy with this device
    Thank you for responding. I am keeping a close eye on this thread and wonder if the AT&T version will be prone to the bricking issues other carriers have been experiencing. Thiis thread will ultimately assist with my decision.
    11-10-11 09:47 PM
    Good to know Slammer and Rain3man. ATT phones seem to be doing pretty good so far.
    11-10-11 09:51 PM
    Commuter case was a bugger to install. I did a fair job of installing the screen protector because I had a huge bubble in the upper left corner. The Active holster seems to hold pretty well.
    11-10-11 10:02 PM
    Good to know Slammer and Rain3man. ATT phones seem to be doing pretty good so far.
    No issues far. Nothing unusual to report.
    11-10-11 10:04 PM
    Commuter case was a bugger to install. I did a fair job of installing the screen protector because I had a huge bubble in the upper left corner. The Active holster seems to hold pretty well.
    Thats why i just ordered 1 oem hardshell and 1 oem softshell case. Really like the ob commuter BUT its hard to takeoff and put on.
    11-10-11 10:06 PM
    Fedex just delivered my 9900 a few hours ago. Bridged it with my PlayBook and everything works except bridge browser. I get an ATT message about getting a tethering plan, oh well. It's a really beautiful device.

mokeiko
    Last edited by mokeikoberry; 11-11-11 at 01:23 AM.
    11-10-11 10:41 PM
    I went to ATT yesterday and got my 9900. It's a beaut! Working wonderfully so far without any problems.
    11-10-11 10:47 PM
    Customer care was nice enough to send me a 9900 after all the issues i had with my 9810. I was pretty adamant that I did not want a refrub (bad experience) and they assured me that I would get a new one. But what do you know, got the package today, and it was a refurb. Dust between the keys and squeaky track pad and return button. Went to the Att store, with the receipt and swapped out for a new one. Everything is fine so far...even picked up the soft shell case.
    11-10-11 10:50 PM
    when I fist picked up the device in store sunday, i was a little reluctant after messing with the store unit, but I have so say after a few days with it, I think is a very respectable device. Battery life has much improved over the first 3 days using it. Really starting to like how the touch screen complements the track pad and keyboard. Still quick and snappy. I haven't seen much of the hour glass clock, if at all really. Call quality is the best I've had in a phone to date. Speaker is solid, I do miss the old 9000 dual speaker set up. The browsing is great (mind you it will chew into the battery the more you ask the device for data). Looking forward to future software updates to make this solid offering an even better one.

On a side note, I really don't understand why a choice in phone has become as controversial as sex, race or religion. Even today, a coworker asks...."do you have an iphone charger in here [car]?". "sorry, I don't". "oh....you don't have an iphone? really? you need to get with the times". 10 minutes later another coworker ridiculed the 9900 as if it were trying to imitate the iphone, inadvertently insisting blackberry was a lower class offering. My boss will even heckle me from time to time for not using an "all touch screen device (read: iphone)". In fact, I think i'm the last person in my office still using BlackBerry.

oh I must be such a poor, lost and troubled soul, as to not prefer an iphone....the choice of socially advanced, intellectually inclined persona......such a pity.

somebody slap me the day I start judging a person's character by the communication device they are using.
    1425956 likes this.
    11-10-11 10:56 PM
    Fedex just delivered my 9900 a few hours ago. Bridged it with my PlayBook and everything works except bridge browser. I get an ATT message about getting a tethering plan, oh well. It's a really beautiful device.

mokeiko
    Just get the OTA Bridge and everything will be fine.
    11-11-11 02:14 AM
    Just get the OTA Bridge and everything will be fine.
    Thank you psiclne, I appreciate the help.

mokeiko
    11-11-11 04:11 AM
    I went to my local at&t store & picked up the 9900 yesterday afternoon. I brought it home & hooked it to the computer & loaded the desktop manager up. Well there was a software update, so I updated & sure enough when it was time for the phone to reboot it started blinking red at me & wouldn't do anything. It would turn back on or nothing. I pulled the battery & nothing would happen, so called at&t & of course they had no idea what was wrong with it since it wouldn't even reboot. Finally I just plugged it into the computer & at first the desktop manager wouldn't recognize the device & ask me to update the software so did & the process started over updating the phone. Well it did reboot this time & seemed to work fine, but I did receive a white screen that said app error reset, so I pushed reset & the phone rebooted. After that it is working fine, but I am a little concerned to keep this phone after all the stuff that happpened. Another issue is whenever you do try to hide icons, some of them do reappear when you plug the phone into charge. I'm not sure why that occurs. I don't know about battery life considering I haven't had the phone that long....about 12 or so hours. The browser is MUCH better than my 9700. I love the keyboard. The phone is a lot bulkier than my 9700. I am torn whether to keep this phone or just go back to my 9700 because of the issues I had in the beginning. I am afraid this phone may act up again & the only problems had on my 9700 were limited memory & a slower browser. Any advice? What does everyone here think I should do?

11-11-11 04:29 AM

mokeiko
    Call AT&T and add tethering to your plan.
    11-11-11 05:55 AM
    Charged my 9900 overnight and no issues. It started right up.

The one thing that I have not done yet is install Desktop Manager.

1) Is there an updated version for Windows that has come out recently?
    2) Are AT&T users getting notice of an updated OS?

I have not seen any updates from AT&T on an OS update and would expect to since the device was launched on Sunday. AT&T is very cautious about releasing new OS versions. I have never taken the leap and used a leaked or unofficial version for another carrier.
    11-11-11 06:08 AM
    Whenever I plugged my 9900 into the desktop manager it said there was an update, so I updated & you can read my post above as to what happened.

Charged my 9900 overnight and no issues. It started right up.

The one thing that I have not done yet is install Desktop Manager.

1) Is there an updated version for Windows that has come out recently?
    2) Are AT&T users getting notice of an updated OS?

I have not seen any updates from AT&T on an OS update and would expect to since the device was launched on Sunday. AT&T is very cautious about releasing new OS versions. I have never taken the leap and used a leaked or unofficial version for another carrier.
    11-11-11 06:14 AM
    lindsey202004, the icon reappearing will happen for all AT&T applications. Most annoying...

Place them all in a folder, then hide that folder. That seems to work...
    11-11-11 08:37 AM
455 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD